It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Active ATS Point Suggestions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I know that there's a heated debate regarding ATS points in another thread, but I thought I'd start a topic suggesting new ways to acquire points. I've learned in the past two days that they are very important to many users, and once I learned I could use them to go shopping, I realized their importance.

I'm a blogger, and I chose this site to write about my torrential life. Granted, that is a far cry from actual news, but we all need to realize that we are all here for different reasons. We are a subculture of open-minded individuals who are willing to tear our eyes off the monopolized television networks in order to seek Truth.

I've come up with a few ideas that I'd like to share. The reason I've started a new thread is because I want others in the same demographic as myself to think of pro-active solutions to acquiring points without having to post one-sentence mouse-clickers. I don't wish to debate the ethics of the point system, I'm just suggesting alternatives to those who come here simply to read what others have to say.

1) How about giving points on a month-by-month basis to individuals who have an official ATS banner on the index page of their websites?

2) How about having an Artists' forum, where those who express themselves through graphic design can possibly obtain points with "Deny Ignorance" themes? I would love to post photos of myself with a custom-made ABOVETOPSECRET.COM sweatshirt walking about Fargo.

3) Blahoo! has a user-based rating system for photographs and articles. Is there any way we can democratically rate each others' work?

These are just a few suggestions. Does anyone else have any eye-dears?

Dot.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dotgov101
2) How about having an Artists' forum, where those who express themselves through graphic design can possibly obtain points with "Deny Ignorance" themes?

Oh my GOODNESS! I would have like a zillion points!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Is zillion after trillion?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

that all

I want a infinite amount of points *evil laugh*

wait a second, my art works rubbish

edit: why not have a vote thingy each week (similar to way above award thingy), the top 20 people could get 500 points or something.

[edit on 7-12-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Is zillion after trillion?

Why make zillions,

when we can make billions?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
We have a writer's forum. Why not a photography forum?

I'm not trying to re-invent the wheel. I'm just trying to spin it a bit.

Alright, I can foresee the following requests happening:

Recipe forum.
Suicide-pact forum.
"Classified" Ads.
Matchmaker forum.
12-Step Forum.
Women's Issues.
Male-Enhancement Forum.
Hypochondriac Forum.
"Star Trek" Analyses and Personal Experiences.
Horoscope Forum.
Coupon Club.
Automotive Q&A.

et. al...et. al...
Dot.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hmm...I like the idea of a photography forum
Me and spacedoubt have been meaning to bring up the possibility of kicking off some kind of officially sponsered ATS photography contest...traffic has been increasing in my little photography thread recently to the point at which I believe we'd have enough contestents enter...(mods...admins...any help/ideas here??
)

A suicide-pact forum though? eh he.....

[edit on 12/7/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Suicide-pact forum.

Which goes by the name Politics@ATS

Sometimes politics just makes you want to band your head against a wall :bnghd:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This site has EXPLODED since when I first signed up for it. Unfortunately, I do not remember how I got here, but it wasn't through Googling, I remember that much. It was linked from another site.

You know how surfing works. Did you guys actually go to Blahoo! and type in "Above Top Secret . Com?" I doubt it. I bet the mods know where most of us were referred from, and perhaps the amount of people who came here from other sites might support the banner idea.

I tell everyone IRL about this site, and about my writings. My S/O and brother know not to talk to me when they see the gray screen. I wouldn't suggest customer referral points, because that rarely comes through. But I know that I got here via another site.

Dot.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Zillion is a very large or indeterminate number: quadrillion comes after trillion. Dotgov101, I think all of your suggestions are wonderful. I would like to especially see some of the members best photographs and artwork.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Thank you, Mephorium, for your compliments. I must have skipped the mathematics class on the day the teacher explained zillions, gazillions, and quadrillions.

Now we're getting into the nth degrees of ATS points.

Dot.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I don't know about all that, but it would be really nice if people would start using some of the cutting edge forums we have... like picture phone submissions.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I don't know about all that, but it would be really nice if people would start using some of the cutting edge forums we have... like picture phone submissions.

Some of us do not own picture phones, yet. Why can't it be a photography forum in general?

Dot.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
dot there is an art forum though I don't think it's what your looking for but here it is anyway
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
eh. points, once you get a certain amount, theres no point (oh im good). just keep buying upload space, u2u space, add lines (NOT COKE!) and stay in RATS. afterall, you cant exactly spend em at wal-mart.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Dotgov, I really love your ideas. Especially a point system for art and photography submissions. You've got my

I would also like to see an actual shop where users can buy shirts and such. This would be unbeatable advertisement. Aside from the initial production cost, it would pay for itself and give ATS a good profit for server maintenance.

[edit on 7-12-2004 by iceofspades]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
eh? I like the photography idea... I know there is an art section in below top secret... but a members photography site would be great... subsections could include....

Nature Photos
Urban Photos
Pet/Animal Photos
ATS Member photos
atc. etc. etc.

As for the points... they are nice... I still don't quite understand how they work... But it sure seems easier to lose them then gain them.

At least if you spend to much time in the political forum.......

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I still say the "DRAMA" forum would be the best! Lord knows there's lots of it around here on any given day.....

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I'm a blogger, and I chose this site to write about my torrential life. Granted, that is a far cry from actual news, but we all need to realize that we are all here for different reasons. We are a subculture of open-minded individuals who are willing to tear our eyes off the monopolized television networks in order to seek Truth.

I've come up with a few ideas that I'd like to share.
2) How about having an Artists' forum, where those who express themselves through graphic design can possibly obtain points with "Deny Ignorance" themes? I would love to post photos of myself with a custom-made ABOVETOPSECRET.COM sweatshirt walking about Fargo.

These are just a few suggestions. Does anyone else have any eye-dears?

Dot.

Yup. Perhaps you can pose on mainstreet Minot live or how about down town Velva? No no Missles there how about town town Berthold in the Bar?

They love to Partee in Berthold big time.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
OMG!!!!
Why do we come to this place first time ???????????????????????????????:bnghd:
( photo forum would be nice
anyway
)

[edit on 8-12-2004 by jazzgul]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join