It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Trooper Shoots Unarmed Man

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Don't feel bad, one of my best friends is a cop........

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I also think SOME police go overboard. There are no excuses for SOME police officer's actions.

I also think that it is pretty stupid when SOME people who are pulled over by police exit their vehicle instantaneously. Never in my life, before or after becoming an officer did I ever think that was a good idea.

I also feel SOME people go overboard when dealing with police officers in simple interactions like a traffic stop.

We are all human.
edit on 26-9-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

I also think that it is pretty stupid when SOME people who are pulled over by police exit their vehicle instantaneously.

That's because in the old days they always told you to get out. At least when I was younger, they did. Then they changed how they work, I suppose to keep someone immobile. Seems to me a person outside, in full view, makes it safer.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

So while law enforcement isn't on the top ten list for having the most deaths on the job I am willing to bet that there are more murders per capita than most other professions.

Actually, the stats are compiled across the board based on number of deaths per 100,000 workers.

However being a police officer you are a target and never know when someone will try to harm you.

Sadly, this statement is how many people now feel about having interactions with cops. And to clarify, I am not a cop hater. I have friends in the Sheriff's department and live in a town where the new crop of cops are actually pretty nice and stop to chat with the citizens while patrolling the neighborhoods.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: halfpint0701

I completely understand where you are coming from.

There needs to be changes made by both the police and the citizens. Both are responsible for creating a positive relationship between the two.

I think the real problem on both sides is the human element. You will always have good, bad, smart, and dumb. I am not quite sure there is any way to fix this. Well except maybe robot police...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I see where you are coming from.

Honestly today an officer can either ask the person to stay in the vehicle or exit it.

Perhaps we should make a nationwide policy dictating how we conduct traffic stops.

Or people who are stopped can wait for direction of the officer. That is what I always did when I was pulled over.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

Or people who are stopped can wait for direction of the officer. That is what I always did when I was pulled over.

"Can I see your license and registration?"
*Goes to get license*
*Cop fires shots*
*Buddy jumps away and puts his hands up*
*Cop is still jumping around shooting like Wile E. Coyote*

Sorry, what?

Also, people that say he should of been telling the officer what he was doing... get real. He was asked a direct order and was carrying it out. What colour is the sky in the world you live in?
edit on 26-9-2014 by 0bservant because: Bolded the ignorance

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
That man has class. After the officer shoots him he gets his hands up and still calls the officer sir.

This video makes me angry.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Hope you guys remember this incident here is an update. those killer cops are still on the loose, folks in New Mexico,Arizona and else where rise-up and demand action..this is some bullsht
Cop Caught Joking About Shooting "Lunatic" Hours BEFORE Murdering The Man.

March, Albuquerque police shot and killed a homeless man who had been illegally camping in an incident that was caught on tape and led to a storm of controversy over the decision to open fire.

Now, months later, a newly released video reveals that Officer Keith Sandy had, two hours earlier, talked about shooting 38-year-old James Boyd in the penis and dismissively referred to him as a ‘lunatic.’

Friends said the mentally ill Boyd had decided to camp out in the foothills above the city after homeless shelters had closed, and police negotiated with him for about five hours before fatally shooting him in the back.

Video from the incident recorded by an officer’s helmet camera shows Boyd arguing with police but then picking up his belongings to leave.

But then an officer fires a flash-bang grenade, which disorients Boyd, and then he appears to grab a knife as police dogs approach him.

Boyd takes a step toward police, who open fire on him.

KOB-TV reported that Sandy was captured speaking dismissively about Boyd on another officer’s dashboard camera after he responded to the man’s campsite.

Sandy was unaware the camera was recording his conversation with state police Officer Chris Ware, who said Boyd had asked for state troopers.

“For this f*cking lunatic?” Sandy says on the recording. “I’m going to shoot him in the penis with a shotgun here in a second.”

Ware asks Sandy if he has a less-lethal weapon, and the officer tells the trooper he has a Taser shotgun.

“Oh, I thought you guys got rid of those,” Ware says.

Sandy told the trooper that the department’s specialized Repeat Offender Project still used the Taser shotgun, but he admitted he wasn’t sure of the details because he had not been briefed.

An attorney for Byrd’s family said Sandy’s comments revealed his intention to shoot the homeless man.
www.rawstory.com...enis-2-hours-before-killing-him/

edit on 30-9-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join