It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Trooper Shoots Unarmed Man

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
thefreethoughtproject.com...

Columbia, SC — State Trooper Sean Groubert has been fired and faces 20 years in prison for gross negligence during a seat belt stop.

On September 4, 2014 Groubert pulled over 35-year-old Levar Jones at a Circle-K gas station. During the stop Jones exited his vehicle at which point Groubert asked for his license.

When Jones went to get his license Groubert began shooting.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I see how dangerous it is to drive without your seat belt on now.

It just never occurred to me that this is what makes it dangerous.

A-hole cop.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: The_Truth_Seeker

i don't know what to say.

the officer involved seemed like a rookie to me. all officers should have a veteran partner with them for at least four years. it takes that long to gain journeyman status as an electrician or plumber why not apply the same mentor-ship for law enforcement?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Luckily for Jones, Groubert is an apparent failure as a marksman and only one of the four rounds fired at point blank range struck Jones. He was hit in the hip and is now recovering at home after being hospitalized.

People have noticed this with many police officers. This is why they fire so many shots.

Barney Guise, an attorney for Groubert, says his client is not guilty and looks forward to his day in court.

The 'I am stupid and have no common sense' defense.
edit on 9/25/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Luckily this guy lived. And luckily, justice "may" be done here. Either way, this tool will not be behind a badge ever again.
A friggin seat belt? Really?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Get these murderers off the streets.
Remember, these are the people we are supposed to trust handling evidence.
There is no "justice system" in the US and no legitimate, constitutional law enforcement.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

i don't know what to say.

the officer involved seemed like a rookie to me. all officers should have a veteran partner with them for at least four years. it takes that long to gain journeyman status as an electrician or plumber why not apply the same mentor-ship for law enforcement?

That is a fantastic idea. I sure hope someone that matters reads this.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Either way, this tool will not be behind a badge ever again.

I fear this may not be true. Some crappy department might be willing to hire him.

I suspect there is a better than 50% chance he walks. Terrible cops still seems to get a pass.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That is how the system used to work. It was done away with long ago. Saves money putting one man in a car so the local government officials can pay them selves more.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Should be charged with attempted murder.......

He was following direction and this cop fired mulitple rounds at him........

and THEN continues to ask him about his license AFTER he shot him?!!!!

You just SHOT the guy man ffs, the license should be an after thought and getting him a medic should be first priority

This guy should be charged and locked away

And to think people STILL would rather have cops be armed and the populace unarmed......blows my mind

When cops start getting shot more because people are more afraid of them then the situation they are in , maybe things will change

Police your own Officers!
edit on 9/25/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Lets hope not. I did just send a message to Gov McCrory suggesting the idea Sufab offered. May go on deaf ears, may not.
I am just glad this one can be settled without a funeral.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

wow, what a wanker. I hope the cop gets the full 20, the court needs to set an example of this guy.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Luckily the officer didn't hit anyone else or the gas pumps...shoot first ask questions latter, shoot first before seeing any type of weapon! He was complying with the officer request to show ID and was almost killed for it...

Guess the public is required to take baby steps in the presence of law enforcement. They need to change the motto from "to protect and serve" To "one false move and we will shoot you"

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
And only in America do you have to call the man who just shot you for no reason sir .I don't know how he even saw that the man wasn't wearing a seat belt. And now we get to hear about the few bad apples, this is getting to be the norm pretty quickly. Scary stuff.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Did you hear him he took the belt off only as he pulled into the gas station, I am wondering why he was even being hassled. WOW just wow don't go get you license if they tell you....poor guy even keeps saying sir and not even cursing at the cop.

I hope he gets to sue for millions.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Did you hear him he took the belt off only as he pulled into the gas station, I am wondering why he was even being hassled. WOW just wow don't go get you license if they tell you....poor guy even keeps saying sir and not even cursing at the cop.

I hope he gets to sue for millions.

What kind of neighborhood was this?

Although I am not a big fan of the 'driving while black' defense, it is entirely possible that is what happened here.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I know someone who is spending the rest of their days in a wheelchair, for the rest of their life a quadrapalegic due to simular criminal incompetence.
I fear no amount of any complaining turns the tables now, other things need to happen.
He better get the 20 yrs.
edit on 25-9-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
Dosnt really matter what neighborhood; It was in SC. SC is one of the most segregated/racist states I've been in, don't believe me? Live there for a few months, especially in a small town in the sticks.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Goes into vehicle to get requested license, gets shot.

If he tells officer about license in vehicle then he probably get charge with resisting, beat or shot anyway.

It is becoming a dangerous, can't please them, situation.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Char-Lee

What kind of neighborhood was this?

Although I am not a big fan of the 'driving while black' defense, it is entirely possible that is what happened here.

The shooting happened in the parking lot of a Circle K on Broad River Road COLUMBIA, SC

Looking at all the pictures here it looks like a nice area, no graffiti no garbage. My husband always unfastens his seatbelt as we turn in places, maybe I can get him to wait if i show him this.
www.wistv.com...

edit on 25-9-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join