It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did you come to ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
What got you interested in coming to this site?

Well, for me, I got interested in UFO/Alien stuff back in 3rd grade. I was looking in a library one day and I came across the 000-099 section. I saw some books on UFOs and Aliens and got interested. I read and read. My knowledge started growing on the subject and soon the only books I could find just said what I had already learned. Soon I turned to the internet and looked for UFO/Alien things. I found ATS before it had a Forum and gained a bit more knowledge. Then the forums opened and I used this place to get current information on things (back then my name was Toafire). From there I reached to my state now- knowledgeable on UFOs and aliens, of course, and a strong skeptic.

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I have been interested in strange phenomenon since seeing the sky light up over Las Vegas, Nevada in the early sixties. Later as a child growing up on Okinawa I saw many strange lights doing high speed maneuvering in the skies and realized it was not conventional aircraft, which I was familiar with and saw every day as we lived outside Naha air base. Later on when my dad got shipped back to the states I continued to see strange lights over Southern Michigan when I was at Boy Scout Camp. I have always felt that we are not alone.

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I've always been interested in A51, aliens, UFOs, gov't aircraft and that stuff.
I found ATS back when there was still hacking codes and stuff on it. I decided to join so I could discuss stuff with others, but recently I think the board has gotten to huge for me, being able to hold a bunch of convos at once on the board, while I have about 7-10 sites to maintain and about 3-4 other message boards Im a member of, not to mention the 2-3 msg boards that I am a super-admin of that I have to watch. So thats how I came here, and thats why I lurk in the shadows and I dont post much.

--Andy
www.atomicandy.com...

[Edited on 31-5-2003 by shockff]

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hmmmm

Well, i guess A.T.S did not come to me......so i came to A.T.S.!

Really, i found the web site by accident...

I was doing a search in google....and clicked into Above.top.secret.com.

I did not join straight away, but came to read alot of the posts........then i decided that this would be a great place to write my thoughts on the various topics offered....and i look forward to spending time at A.T.S.
So thanks to all the people at the making of A.T.S .....

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well, it all happened a few weeks ago. There I was, having just finished a gaming/bellybutton-lint picking session. I suddenly became interested in paranormal and government conspiracy (Conspiracy, C...O...N....spiracy) and did some searching.

Evidently, the only thing I could think to type into the google search was, "Government Conspiracy," and ATS was somewhere on that list that was returned to me.

I read around a bit, and after looking around and noticing that this site had a message board, I exclaimed, "Holy Sheet!" and joined up. It's been pleasant ever since.

"...frosty, misty, watercolored memories..."

[Edited on 31-5-2003 by Thorfinn Skullsplitter]

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I have been interested in strange phenomenon since seeing the sky light up over Las Vegas, Nevada in the early sixties. Later as a child growing up on Okinawa I saw many strange lights doing high speed maneuvering in the skies and realized it was not conventional aircraft, which I was familiar with and saw every day as we lived outside Naha air base. Later on when my dad got shipped back to the states I continued to see strange lights over Southern Michigan when I was at Boy Scout Camp. I have always felt that we are not alone.

The phenomena you noticed in the 1960s would likely be the first flight tests of X Craft developed during Project Winterhaven, the brainchild of T. Townshend Brown.

www.seaspower.com...

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Thanks a bunch for the link dragonrider.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   
That reading of mine also included a lot on Area 51. So I know quite a bit on that too.

Its pretty cool to see how everyone came to find this site. But it seems everyone who has joined, likes the site. Good news for Simon.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I found ATS on accident as well...I was searching for an anti-George Bush site
and stumbled upon this wonderful thing. I've been reading posts for about a month now and finally decided to join. Back to your UFO encounters...I'm not really educated on the subject but it seems very intriguing to me...if anyone would like to do the honors of filling me please feel free.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FLNELKO
I found ATS on accident as well...I was searching for an anti-George Bush site
and stumbled upon this wonderful thing. I've been reading posts for about a month now and finally decided to join. Back to your UFO encounters...I'm not really educated on the subject but it seems very intriguing to me...if anyone would like to do the honors of filling me please feel free.

Heheh. Did you find any good sites? If so, share please....

On getting filled in on UFO/Alien junk, just U2U me. I can probably answer most questions.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:34 AM
link   
i found ATS when i was playing Utopia it was an add. So i thought i would check it out becuase i've been intrested in Aliens/secret organisations for a few years. i wouldn't of thought of searching for a forum about this stuf.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I was kidnapped by William dressed up as an alien and forced to come on here and serve under his authority as an eternal slave to the AboveTopSecret forum.

Please save yourself.

Don't look back, don't ask questions, and don't hide.

You run!!!!

You run as fast as you can.

Or else it will be too late for you too.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Purely by accident while searching Tim Good ( who wrote Above Top Secret - something of a classic of UFOlogy in its day). This was around the time the Kaiser abdicated.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I should add -before anyone suspects that Estragon is secretly an "Alien abducted me and forced me to be a back-up singer for Elvis" fan: Timothy Good's book is very much well-researched journalism rather than the customary drivel.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I used to hang out on an ufo etc. website called pufori.org but after the fouder quited I went searching and reading many sites. One day I came to centrexnews.com and there was a link to ATS. So I clicked and here I still am.

But I don't post much, because my way of thinking is totaly different and I have the feeling that I can't make myself very clear anymore. And I'm not native English speaking so in order not to get misunderstood I take it easy with posting. But I do read a lot, and I write many replies too but I never post them..
silly huh ?

I'll post something about my way of thinking in the introduction thread.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 01:37 AM
link   
because I have too much time on my hands
well that, and I've been heavily interested in the paranormal since I was about 15, and while I've been reading ATS for quite a while, it only recently occurred to me to join the forum. and the rest, as they say, is history

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 03:11 AM
link   
i found it while searchin for info on an x plane, saved the url came back the next day, read the site and read the message board. i kept up with the boards for a while, then joined. only once i thought i knew enough to hold conversation with yall smart people. lol.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I was always interested in goverment conspiracy's and black aircraft as long as I can remember. It wasn't after buying and playing Deus Ex I realy good an active interest in it. I found a site called Curing paranoiacs since y2k read around there and then he said something of the guy of this site. I checked a couple of times at his link but the site was down. Then one faithfull day it worked and ive ben readin ever since. And I finally decided to join the board

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   
i've always had an interest in conspiracy and friend told me about this webpage and the rest is history

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
been in to this subject for years,need some more info as i think "they" are waking my three year old son up at night.He keeps on about cats,he means the eyes

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join