It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS, Al Qaeda and Khorasan...Oh My

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
the General consensus is that the Khorasan group is a convenient creation to help justify the US bombing targets in Syria, but wait, isn't that what ISIS is for?

Well, yes and no.

Yes that they're convenient for the US government and their current campaign, and no they weren't created by the US, Mossad or even Assad, they're Al Qaeda to the bone and have been hiding out in Iran since the US military visited Afghanistan.

Those clued in will tell me that Al Qaeda and Iran aren't the best of friends, and you'd be right, but they apparently came to an agreement where Iran let them stay, under close scrutiny, and in return this Al Qaeda group agreed to not carry out suicide and car bombings.

Fast forward to today, and they've decided to come out of hiding and visit Syria and their brothers in arms Al Nusra.

You can read more about the Khorasan group and their history HERE.

Now, onto ISIS/ISIL/IS, these guys aren't created by the US, Mossad Or Assad either, despite popular ATS opinion, although there is talk that Assad let them get to where they are today due to inaction against them. Why you ask? Well because they were doing a fine job of keeping Al Nusra and the FSA at bay and distracted.

Anyway, ISIS and Al Qaeda share a checkered past together, and is very convoluted, no doubt the sillier amongst us just pick the evil US government because it's easier!

I call them silly because I doubt they'd make the claims if they have read this paper...

The War Between ISIS and al-Qaeda for supremacy of the Global Jihadist Movement

The two links I've shared covers the whole situation nicely IMHO, and strongly recommend reading both, and hopefully will be better educated when discussing ISIS, Al Qaeda and the Khorasan group.

edit on 25-9-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

It's just chaos. Hmmmm.... having written that I'm thinking "order through chaos....". Where have I heard that before.....?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I got to wonder, if Daesh (ISIS) is simply a recruiting tool for militants.

Apparently martyrdom is an honorable thing, and by killing Daesh fighters, more people in the area who might be on the fence gravitate to the militant cause.

Is there a solution? I don't know, but Arab countries being involved in this fight is going to help I believe.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Thanks for posting this, AlphaHawk.

It drives me up the wall when people throw around baseless accusations without actually checking the facts.

People would understand the foundations of these groups if they actually conducted some research into not only the outfits themselves, but their ideological standings.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Anyone can form a gang so long as you have desperate people with the hopes of getting something.

So what's to stop some person over in some other country where the value of life is registers low on the humanity scale?Three more terrorists groups could form in the next five weeks and there isn't a damn thing you or I can do but refer to them as a fabrication to justify some thought that there can be no more desperate, delusional or evil people over in the Middle East.

And I totally missed the point of your thread...sorry
edit on 25-9-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: bhliberal

Operation Hornets Nest. ISIS is basically a magnet to all Islamic extremists.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This is what you get when you let a bunch of neocon think tanks drive foreign policy (Bill Kristol comes to mind). I love how we are bombing ISIS which is made up of Syrian rebels at the same time Congress is approving funds to arm Syrian rebels. This is how we keep the defense contractors fat and happy.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Thank you, the paper "The War Between ISIS and al-Qaeda for supremacy of the Global Jihadist Movement" giving a good overview of Al-Qaeda related organizations.
It doesn't mention though Al-Qaeda in Chechen wars.
Al-Qaeda under Bin Laden started in Afganistan during second half of 80-ties. Later the hot spot was in Chechnya mid 90-ties, for example one of the main Chechen leaders was Saudi born Khattab en.wikipedia.org...

Biography[edit]
Khattab was born Thamir Saleh Abdullah Al-Suwailem in Saudi Arabia.

Central Asia and the Balkans[edit]
At the age of 18, Khattab left Saudi Arabia to participate in the fight against the Soviet Union during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. During this time, he permanently incapacitated his right hand and lost several fingers after an accident with improvised explosives.

Al-Khattab (while leader of Islamic International Brigade IIB) publicly admitted that he spent the period between 1989 and 1994 in Afghanistan and that he had met Osama Bin Laden. In March 1994, Khattab arrived in Afghanistan and toured fighter training camps in Khost province. He returned to Afghanistan with the first group of Chechen militants in May 1994. Khattab underwent training in Afghanistan and had close connections with Al-Qaida. Several hundred Chechens eventually trained in Al-Qaida camps in Afghanistan.[2][3]

Armenian sources claim that in 1992 he was one of many Chechen volunteers who aided Azerbaijan in the embattled region of Nagorno-Karabakh, where he allegedly met Shamil Basayev, however the Azerbaijani Ministry of Defense denied any involvement by Khattab in the Nagorno-Karabakh war.[4][5]

From 1993 to 1995, Khattab left to fight alongside Islamic opposition in the Tajikistan Civil War. Before leaving for Tajikstan in 1994, Al-Khattab gave Abdulkareem Khadr a pet rabbit of his own, which was promptly named Khattab.

In an interview Khattab once mentioned he had also been involved in the War in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The fragment of this interview in which he makes this statement can be found in the 2004 BBC documentary The Smell of Paradise. His exact role or the duration of his presence there remain subject of debate.[citation needed]

After Khattab there was another Saudi in Chechnya

Abu al-Walid (ابو الوليد) (also transliterated as Abu al-Waleed and also called Abu al-Walid al-Ghamdi or simply Abu Walid) (1967 – 16 April 2004), was a Saudi Arabian of the Ghamid tribe who fought as a "mujahid" volunteer in Central Asia, the Balkans, and the North Caucasus. He was killed in April 2004 in Chechnya by the Russian federal forces.

Al-Walid was one of the most prominent Arabs fighting in Chechnya. In 2002 he took over as Emir (commander) of an autonomous unit, composed mostly of non-Chechen mujahideen, following the death of Ibn al-Khattab on 20 March 2002.

2 main spots where Al-Qaeda started forming in hot wars before 9/11 were Afghanistan and Chechnya.
If you think that Jihadi fighters from western countries is a recent phenomenon you are wrong, for example
Kavkaz center ( Jihadi Media in Kavkaz) reporting in old article www.kavkazcenter.com...

6)Masood Al Benin (February 2000)

He was born in France. After high school he went to England for college education. He was not a muslim because his family was a christian family. In england he learnt islam from muslim students in england. Then he started to like this religion. Then he wanted to fight in Jihad. First he went to Afghanistan to take military education and then he went to Chechnya. He was in chechnya when he was a new muslim. It was 1996 when he went to Chechnya and the first war was about to end. When the war ended he became a teacher in chechnya and started to teach people what he knew. He had his education on computers and he was very well on computers. During the second war he used computers in jihad. He always edited and prepared the footages in the jihad in 1999. He was also a well known fighter amongs mujahideen. He was injured in the Sherzen Yurt battles. His injury was heavy and he had to be treated outside Sherzen Yurt. In Sherzen Yurt 2 more of the mujahideen were injured like him. They picked a military truck and headed to Grozny. They passed the first Russian check point by giving bribe. In the second check point Russians didn't accept the bribe and killed all of mujahideen with truck driver but for a short time mujahideen were able to shoot back and kill about a dozen of Russian soldiers.

All of them, Al Qaeda, ISIS/ISIL, Khorasan etc should be called forces of World Wide Jihad - WWJ.
And yes, it is a mess with all going gangs of different martyrs lol, sometimes they fight each other, spliting, forming new alliances, new names for their gangs. So, if you try hard you can find new Khorasan-like groups every week.

A correspondent of FiSyria met a representative of the Sharia Committee of the Army of Emigrants and Supporters, Abdul Khalim al-Chechen, in connection with recent events in the suburbs of Aleppo which are now under the control of the Mujahideen.

It is to be recalled that as a result of decisive action, Mujahideen defeated the group "Badr Shuhada (Martyrs of Badr)" which formally belonged to the Free Syrian Army (FSA).

Abdul Khalim al-Chechen clarified the situation.

www.kavkazcenter.com...
You can just read false info or disinfo from Kavkaz and find new names of never ending brigades of Jihadists lol

edit on 25-9-2014 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
We should just rename them all to the "Scum".

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777

originally posted by: bhliberal

Operation Hornets Nest. ISIS is basically a magnet to all Islamic extremists.

We should offer FREE tickets to all their follower for free flights to Syria/Iraq so they can go ahead and join their March to their Virgins. We should get them all in one nice easily Bombable place

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

And then finish it off by carpet bombing them.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Another way to see what the names in arabic
Al- Qaeda - The base
Al- Dawla (ISIS/ISIL) - The state
And "Khorasan" (besides old geographical meaning) is a relatively new made up concept you can watch for example in this new eschatological muslim video.

youtu.be... it was published in July 2014 on youtube.

Yes, "Khorasan" was known in hadiths for a long time, but just now they tie it up in a new eschatological "End of the day" ideolgy. Are those videos sponsored by West, some secret intelligence services ? I kinda doubt it. It is a natural way of how arabic "1001 days and nights" psyche developing in 21-st century.

If you going to watch this video bear in mind that Eesa Ibn Maryam (bin Maryam) is arabic way to call what is known Jesus Christ in Christianity. It is clearly very new interpertations , because they not only trying to reconcile Sunni and Shia differences in this video , but also making up new stories how it all also fits Eesa Bin Maryam. Main message there, though, is that Black flags are the sign of near "End of Times" days.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

Thanks for the extra information.

I was hoping other good links and sources would be posted by others.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Bump.

Seems well researched papers aren't popular here!

Tough!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

just checking in to come back to later.. reading this and commenting will be with consideration.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
ETA :

wrong thread. My apologies.

edit on 4-2-2015 by TrueBrit because: Wrong thread.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

just checking in to come back to later.. reading this and commenting will be with consideration.

Umm...It kinda is later no? Or is replying 3 months after the OP put this together not later? haha...

OP, this is very interesting! Oh well, I am going to review this more and come back later...Sorry, had to! This is a very in depth document...I don't have anything really to add other than this is very good information to keep and keep reading when time allows! Thanks AlphaHawk!

new topics

top topics

join