It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart slams House Committee over climate change(funny)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
LINK

Funny stuff...those congressman looked like idiots imo.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

Oh my, thanks for posting this.

Quite funny indeed! Our House of Reps. is embarassing!!!!

Start watching at 2:50

edit on 24-9-2014 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

Ty for embedding vid. How about that rep. from Indiana? Has the IQ of a biscuit. Huge puppet for the Koch brothers as well. Almost too sad to even laugh at.
edit on 24-9-2014 by kevinp2300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Stewart's just as big a puppet as the rest of the entertainers/politicians.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

No problem, they all come off as pretty unintelligent...

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I can see him being a puppet of the left as he usually takes shots at Republicans. Or are you referring to him as a puppet of the illuminati by taking the edge off of issues with comedy?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

TPTB. Deflects issues with comedy, keeps up the left v right division, is an entertainer.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Ah, Jon Stewart's Babbleonia... The place where jews were exciled for 60 years, but never seem to be willing coming back... That Babbleonia.

Climate Changes as often as women fashion changes. Contantly. And why not march for that. They march for rainbows too. Who cares.

Then the global warming. Well, that is a harder sell after a winter like that - right? So, why not march for global warming? Why not march for coming ice age, as this same Babbleonia babble on 70s was about global cooling. AND, by the way, its still cooling! And there's nothing we can do about it ! (apart from ... dressing warmer)

its getting cooler not warmer!
edit on 24-9-2014 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Thanks that was pretty hilarious and his take on the freakin "science committee" was deserved.

Now I have no idea if those guys were Rs or Ds but I could hazard a guess not that it matters as much as those guys are totally unqualified to hold those positions since they are either science illiterate to the extreme or completely in the pocket of big oil it could be both.

I agree with Elton that it is embarrassing having those morons as representatives. Best and brightest they are not they are more like bottom of the barrel.
edit on 24-9-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I don't want to be a hypocrite because I did like the book they made, America. It was a textbook parody. But yeah, total puppets

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

They were all Republicans lol. Stewart usually uses them for his material. Actually I think those specific congressmen are puppets for Big Energy. Seems as if some of the global elitists are beginning the transfer from big oil to energy possibly. We need to make sure and vote for these mid term elections. Away with the Fed!

Ah, Jon Stewart's Babbleonia... The place where jews were exciled for 60 years, but never seem to be willing coming back... That Babbleonia.

Climate Changes as often as women fashion changes. Contantly. And why not march for that. They march for rainbows too. Who cares.

Then the global warming. Well, that is a harder sell after a winter like that - right? So, why not march for global warming? Why not march for coming ice age, as this same Babbleonia babble on 70s was about global cooling. AND, by the way, its still cooling! And there's nothing we can do about it ! (apart from ... dressing warmer)

Those congressman were born and raised in Looneyville. I try not to worry about things out of my control like climate change. I got enough fat on me to last a couple harsh winters so I'm not worried. I never understood what marching does. I will march if we get invaded or if Martial Law comes. Otherwise, I'm not much of a marcher.
edit on 25-9-2014 by kevinp2300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Well it doesn't surprise me. Some years back another moron from the house committee said he AGW was a hoax because..wait for it..."god said".

Oh nevermind I will find the video.

Then there is this guy who sits on the science committee. BTW he claims he was a scientist in the video. Nope sitting on the science committee does not make one a scientist. He had a BS in chemistry and went on to practice medicine. Hardly a scientist unless he called chemistry class as him being a scientist. Oh well you get the idea.

Then there is James Inhofe a senator from the state of Oklahoma who has pretty much declared war on science.

WTH there are to many bat S^%t crazy ones to list here. It would take far too long to list them all.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Haha, I got a kick at all the mounted deer in the background. Really sets the setting for his bull# speech. He claims the bible shows us how to create public policies and run society..so much for separation of church and state. You know I think some humans are devolving into monkeys. Here is another idiot:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Wow. I can't believe the level of intentional stupidity simply to appease the the companies that donate to their campaigns.

"Ice doesn't overflow my glass when it melts so why would it increase ocean level?"

"Co2 levels are not harmful to humans so therefore we shouldn't worry about it"-based on a conversation about effects on the earth, not humans.

And plenty more. It's so blatant and obvious when 3 oil and gas companies are bankrolling the one guy. They should all have to disclose those kinda of things before every discussion in the house.

Anytime a member has a conflict of interest when a donor is on a side of the issue at hand, they should have to disclose "before I speak I must point out that big oil/gas paid 29 million to get me in office".

"I don't believe the scientists because the people I talk to and the ones that pull my strings have a way stronger opinion."

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Stewart's just as big a puppet as the rest of the entertainers/politicians.

He leans a little left every now and then but he at least is to front about it, most importantly he doesn't reserve his criticism only for the other side.

Forget left and right for a second, rich and poor, because Stewart takes to task just about every single person/group/collective, and he nails it everytime.

He is one of the only news sources around that talks about the actual story and what's going on as opposed to the talking points (rhetoric) from either side.

Its like we are living back in the Middle Ages where the only person that could tell the truth was the court jester under the guise of parody of course ...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

And plenty more. It's so blatant and obvious when 3 oil and gas companies are bankrolling the one guy. They should all have to disclose those kinda of things before every discussion in the house.

It is sad that ppl do not pay attention to who funds these candidates campaigns. I think your idea is a good one...maybe c span should put it on the screen under their names when they speak. Lobbied/funded by so and so. Americans I guess are too ignorant to look up the candidates policy history when voting. That would help a bit as well. Stewart is actually a smart guy and would be very hypocritical of him if he accepted leftist $ to bash republicans, so I kind of doubt that is the case. Who knows though, anything is possible in this corrupt country of ours.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

What's even funnier with your link is for those of us who don't live in America, we get this when we try to click on the video to watch it:

Sorry, but this video is unavailable from your location.

In case you can't give up your free healthcare and move to America, you can watch the daily show with Jon Stewart at thecomedynetwork.ca

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

I don't care whether he's left, right or up or down. He's a puppet and regardless of which agenda he's helping to push he's a tool of the system. Quite a crusader for the little people when he's being fed so well by the system he's "ripping on". He has no need to interact with the people he tries to "inform" because he's not one of us, he's simply instrumental in the plan.

Listening to this man tell us about the system is like listening to one hand tell you to bite the other hand, despite the fact it feeds you. The other hand doesn't represent you, it represents the system, the system's telling you to bite the system, how is that supposed to work... So why is this tool taken seriously?

new topics

top topics

join