It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's this in my pic?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

If you zoom in it looks like a sphere. Strange.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Like I said in the OP I just go out and snap shots of the sky
every once and awhile and blow 'em up and look at them.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

That said, what made you think this was anything out of the ordinary? Was it moving funny or something else. I ask, because there are many many things that can show up in a random photo. With no other event or phenomena, this is a non-starter.

Also, if your intent is to capture UFO evidence, this kind of thing only does a disservice to the cause. Please think about that. If it was a nice triangular craft, some bioform or literally anything besides an easily explainable yet totally unidentifiable blurb, then by all means post it.

Otherwise you just add fuel to fire that says all UFOers are nutters who will see a UFO in everything.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

No you don't understand this is a single shot. Then I mosey around
and take a shot of a different part of the sky. No rapid succession.

And I have made no claims of what this is so I can't be labeled really.
I'm just trying to figure out what it is and thought I could find out here.

edit on Ram92514v142014u26 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: GiulXainx

It's about three in the afternoon the house is west and the
clear blue is east. The anomaly is east in the pic as well. So
that puts the sun back beyond the house. I was taking pics
rapidly so if something were on the lens it would be in more
than one pic I would think.
And would be a big splotch in the
picture.

Frontyard facing south.

No you don't understand this is a single shot. Then I mosey around
and take a shot of a different part of the sky. No rapid succession.

Now I am really confused...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I'm sorry.
I was taking pics rapidly enough that if something were on the lens
it would also be in more than one pic. But I wasn't taking pics of the
same part of the sky in rapid succession. Know what I mean?

Anyway here is what's left of the pic I took back in 2009 that got me
taken shots of the sky at random like I do. The original of this crop
was really cool but the wife lost it trying to send it to a friend.
Easy come easy go.

edit on Ram92514v39201400000011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Ahh. Thanks. Also. don't get me wrong either. I think you have a valid approach. I would just wait until you have one with "no simple explanation" before posting.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Ya, I do get what you're saying swede, it's all good.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
My job is as a property photographer, I take tons of exterior shots every single day. The first thing I thought when I saw this, was dust on either the sensor or lens.

I am not the kind of guy to shoot things down, I really am not. Anyone who knows my posts will see I actively try and think outside the box.

But my mind instantly said dirt or dust or whatever on sensor.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

I've never been one to argue with experience.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I didn't notice anything until I blew the pic up on my PC.
And it doesn't look like a bird or helicopter in the blow ups.

I also don't understand why it's blurred when nothing else is?

Hoping to get some analysis.

It could be in insect close to the camera, moving with an apparent speed that is enough to cause motion blur (apparent speed being a function of "actual speed" + "the distance to the camera")

edit on 9/25/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Interesting Thread here. I'm not sure what that object is in the original pic you posted, but in this one, when I saved the image and blew it up, there is a perfect edges on it, in a rectangular shape, that has a different background in it totally different from what is around the object in question! It appears to have been placed onto the sky image!!!???

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

It appears to have been placed onto the sky image!!!???

No clue what you're get'n at amigo.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

I am disappoint. I had the same conclusion.
edit on 9262014 by GiulXainx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Interesting Thread here. I'm not sure what that object is in the original pic you posted, but in this one, when I saved the image and blew it up, there is a perfect edges on it, in a rectangular shape, that has a different background in it totally different from what is around the object in question! It appears to have been placed onto the sky image!!!???

Sorry but there is no way to blow up an image that size and expect to see details, don't you realise that.

Zoom in on a low resolution shot and you see the pixels NOT detail.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

WMD is right. At consumer level, there is no technology on the market that could blow that image up and keep focus, that I know of anyway.

This has just actually sparked a thought..... I'm a post a thread!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I use IrfanView, if that matters or not, I don't know. Al I know is I took the image and enlarged it. Blew it up. I saw a perfect rectangle around the object in question with a different background than the rest of the image. Why would I make that up? I know you are calling me a liar, that is wrong, as I have no reason to lie. I just stated a fact that I saw what I saw. I have no intention to do anything except state the facts. I did blow up the image and saw details. Sorry you cannot do that, it doesn't mean I, or others, can't do that. Thank You. Syx.
edit on 26-9-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I am NOT caling you a liar, you are mistaken in what you think you see.

The picture is made up of pixel nice little straight edged boxes of colour zoom in to much and that is what you see.

In the good old days of film if you enlared a picture to much you could see the grain of the film.

After taking pictures for 35 years now I know a little about looking at and editing them.

edit on 26-9-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

That's called a "blocking artifact", and is completely normal, and does NOT necessarily mean that someone has added anything to the image

Blocking artifacts occur in jpg compression because part of that compression involves the jpg algorithm "interpolating" the color of pixels based on neighboring pixels . This interpolation reduces the file size (thus compressing the image). Sometimes when there is a color against a homogenous field of another color, such as this dark object against a blue sky, this interpolation of pixels (remember -- the interpolation is based on neighboring pixels) goes a little "wrong", and the result is a non-defined edge between the two colors. The hallmark of a blocking artifact is that the artifact occurs in groups of 8-pixel x 8-pixel blocks, hence the name.

Here is an example tree against a blue sky. If you zoom in to the parts of this image where the tree meets the sky, you will see those blocking artifacts:

Having said all that, I still think the object in the OP's image could easily be an insect.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Ok I am With You Now on that. I appreciate the clarification that You did NOT call Me a Liar. Thank You!
I do understand what you mean about pixelization on Pictures now a day. Now I know a little more than I did before we posted to one another. I appreciate that too.

Thanx. Syx.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join