It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Priest Tells U.N. There’s Only One Place in the Middle East That’s Safe for Christians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Priest Tells U.N. There’s Only One Place in the Middle East That’s Safe for Christians
www.theblaze.com...

“In the Middle East today, there is one country where Christianity is not only not persecuted, but affectionately granted freedom of expression, freedom of worship and security,” Father Gabriel Nadaf said Tuesday. “Israel is the only place where Christians in the Middle East are safe.”

It “is time the world woke up to the fact that those who want to destroy the Jewish state are signing the death warrant on the last free Christians in the Holy Land,” Nadaf told the U.N. “Leaders of people, seekers of peace, end your witch hunt of the only free country in the region.”

This is the same Priest that was calling on Christian Arab Israelis to enlist in the IDF a few years ago.

I gotta say I agree with him, if Israel goes away then there is apparently no safe place for Christians in the region.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

Agreed.

But too soon, I fear that any attempt at trying to illustrate reason may turn into another bash-Israel thread.

But good luck!

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It's a shame Christians (or anyone of any faith) have to be persecuted in this day and age. Many people who hate Christians do so because the Vatican corrupted the faith and spread false doctrine throughout the planet. 7+ billion people divided over the same God are only destined to anger and make that God ashamed. S + F

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Thanks, Beez! I guess we'll just have to hope it does not go that way.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Wow , Father Gabriel Nadaf invented hot water.Every child knows that.Israel is only country left in that # hole Middle East that killings , executions, treating women like cattle,lashes , stonnings , no social networks, censored internet and many more are not normal and usual things like in Arab states.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

He is 100% percent correct. Even though I'm not a practicing Christian, I would never go to another country other than Isreal as I like my head attached to my body.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Lmao .. I got a deal for you if you believe that ..

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Technically he is right although before the civil war which is back by America and Israel Christians enjoyed more freedom and safety in Syria than in Israel.
Obama: Assad Protected Christians In Syria

US President Barack Obama surprised his visitors, the delegation of Eastern Christians patriarchs, on Thursday when he told them that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad “protected the Christians in Syria.” Obama met with the delegation in the White House for 35 minutes, during which the patriarchs presented a paper in which they exposed the situation of Christians in the Middle East and the threats and challenges they are facing, due in part to the expansion of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) militant group. Sources told Al-Akhbar that the highlight of the meeting was when Obama said the following phrase: “We know that President Bashar al-Assad protected Christians in Syria.”

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Syria and Iraq are also tolerant of Christian communities, although we do know the troubles those states currently face.

In the midst of the current Middle-East crisis, i would say that yes, Israel is the safest place right now for Christians. That said, the Assad government is also welcoming of minorities, and has even dispatched forces to protect small (Christian) communities during this civil war. Christians were living pretty peacefully inside Iraq too, until ISIS marched across the border.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

But of course they are… Those Pharisees zionists (nowadays called Israelis) are traditionally in such a deep love with the Christ and the Christians that they all cheerfully showing their affections by spat on or stoning them from afar…!

Ask any Christians living in occupied Palestine and they will approve that.

So much love…

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Strange, I thought there were 250,000 Christians living in peace in Iran.

OOps, Iran is supposed to be a bad country.

Perhaps Israel does not have this information.

P

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
One thing the article didn't cover. What does Christians living in safety have to do with Israel being charged with war crimes?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

He must have forgotten about Saint Catherine's Monastery as well.

So many distractions. I wonder if the few Palestinian Christian's left, feel safe, warm, and cozy.

Yeah, they exist too.
edit on 24-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Thanks guys for the replies... I now have some more reading to do.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

There was a thread in ATS earlier about how Saudi Arabia persecuted Christians while at the same time described as having a "Special Relationship" with the US.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-9-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Thanks, I'm reading it now.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

But Israel is apparently an Aparthied state ?. They would surely be persecuted and marginalised as that is was an Aparthied State does.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Christians are also safe in Iran,Turkey,Syria,Lebenon,Jordan,UAE,Egypt and some other countries in the region ,or at least they have been before western intervention began in some of those places.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: shapur
Christians are also safe in Iran,Turkey,Syria,Lebenon,Jordan,UAE,Egypt and some other countries in the region ,or at least they have been before western intervention began in some of those places.

I remember seeing pics as a kid and both Iraq and Iran looked pretty modern (and quite western) at the time... I Googled this and of course I can find pics here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was too young to know about the Islamic Revolution, good lord those places looked like somewhere I'd want to go on vacation. And I have even more to read now.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
If you want to use the word apartheid to describe a country then America is too. As apartheid mean being appart not mix with. Like white not mix/ live with/ tolerate/ discriminate est with black or hispanic est. a reply to: fishwhisperer

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join