It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Video Finally Released of Cops Shooting Man with a Toy Gun in Wal-Mart

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Power_Semi
Why on Gods green earth would anyone be wondering around a store with a weapon, real or toy?

Because the store sells them. That's why.

The store keeps them in a box on the shelf. Any sane person knows this. For you to suggest that his behavior was perfectly normal is completely dishonest and shows you'll ignore common sense to justify your belief that the cops just wanted to kill him. He was carrying the rifle by its grip... a carrying method you generally only do when you're ready to fire it.

If I walk into a hardware store, pick up a machete, and start swinging it around by the handle... I'll expect to be confronted by someone who assumes I'm up to no good. There's a reason you just don't do stuff like that.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Royal76
a reply to: Shredder36

Looks like a straight up execution to me. The problem with our police force now is that they shoot first and ask questions later. Seriously its not like he was aiming it at people, even if it was a real gun. There is no excuse for this. This has to stop, it probably wont until they kill someone famous, or elite. Because its not just African Americans getting killed like this, they are shooting first and asking later with everybody. Personally i think a part of this is from the fact that a lot of our police are people than have come back from Afghanistan and Iraq, and over there if you wait to shoot, you die. But this is America, not there. Anybody remember those old cop shows where the Ignorant recient immigrant wont trust the police because where he came from were corrupt, or were cowboys who killed people instead of helping? WE ARE BECOMING THAT COUNTRY

The part of this that annoys me the most is you're the same type of person that is going to blame the cops next time some nutcase walks into a place with a rifle and kills people. "Why didn't the cops get there sooner!!! Why didn't they do something!!!"

Simple fact is: the cops can't win. When they act, people hate them. When they hesitate, people hate them.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
it was so suspicious that not one other person in the Wal-Mart made any 9-1-1 calls or complaints to management, except for the lying not really ex-marine bastard who committed a felony false report to peace offer which led to a felony murder on his part.

en.wikipedia.org...(Ohio)
For the felony murder rule in all U.S. jurisdictions, see felony murder rule.

Felony murder in Ohio is generally "second degree" murder (Ohio calls "second degree murder" "murder"). Essentially, Ohio takes the majority approach that felony murder must be the result of a violent felony, but Ohio breaks from the majority rule by not making felony murder a first degree murder. Felony murder occurs when a death results from a violent first or second-degree felony.[1]

Ohio's "aggravated murder" statute--aggravated murder is commonly referred to as "first degree murder"--lists several felonies that would make a killing in the commission of a felony amount to aggravated murder. However, the statute specifies that the perpetrator must purposely intend for the person to die.[2]

Essentially, if you kill someone on purpose, even if while committing a felony, you have committed aggravated murder. If someone dies as the result of a violent felony you committed, you have committed murder, even if you did not purposely intend for them to die.

Eastlaw wrongfully explains that felony murder has been abolished in Ohio via the involuntary manslaughter statute. The article fails to look at Ohio's second-degree murder statute, which clearly states that a violent felony that results in death equals murder. (See Ohio Revised Code 2903.02(B)) Moreover, Ohio's involuntary manslaughter statute specifies manslaughter crimes, not felonies. The involuntary manslaughter statute is completely unrelated to felony murder. It is a codification of the common-law involuntary manslaughter rule, which included misdemeanor manslaughter.

This is good news because Ohio does have felony murder charges if they can prove intent. I sincerely believe this man knew that the police would overreact on the spot and lead to lethal force. It is the only reason he would lie about being a marine in an effort to make the claim sound 100% verified. As a result the jackass has screwed with these officers career as well as got AN INNOCENT MAN KILLED

The family's attorneys need to aggressively pursue felony murder charges or preferably involuntary manslaughter at the very least on this jackass caller for the crime he committed and the lies he told which directly resulted in the death of a law abiding citizen who was committing no crime whatsoever. Don't necessarily need to serve life (although that would dissuade would be pranksters and closet biggots from trying this crap again)

Shoulda, coulda, what if, and maybe don't mean # in this case because the real world focuses on what happened actually.
edit on 9/26/2014 by DYepes because: grammar

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
If I walk into a hardware store, pick up a machete, and start swinging it around by the handle... I'll expect to be confronted by someone who assumes I'm up to no good. There's a reason you just don't do stuff like that.

On some other board I read some interesting comment by another police offer. He said that in such a situation, if he would be off-duty and spot some guy literally wielding and pointing a gun in a public place like a store, he would draw his off-duty badge, tell the guy to get on the ground...and also..if necessary...shoot.

There is no doubt in my mind that the guy acted incredibly irresponsible and stupid (on the phone for 5+ minutes while shouldering, and randomly pointing etc. the gun..OPENLY..seriously....I haven't come across anything more retarded even if that state is supposedly "open carry").

I can ALSO not blame the caller/witness who mis-interpreted the guy's behaviour and told the dispatcher "the guy looks like he's loading the gun"...and "he is pointing it at people". Fact is that people where very close BY that guy. Whether the guy then really "pointed the gun at people" or pointed it randomly at shelves etc. doesn't really matter.

I was just....baffled out of mind reading comments on this other board by "gun advocates" who demonized the caller/witness like he did anything wrong. He was just a witness and reported what he, subjectively, thought is happening.

That guy in the store acted so incredible stupid that everything else which resulted is also in large parts his own fault.

So don't be a moron...and such unfortunate things can be avoided.
edit on 9/26/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Did you watch the video? The guy is just looking at something and then he falls. He's not aiming at anyone, he's not acting menacingly, or crazy. He's just some dumb kid who's walking around a freaking Walmart. No i'm not gonna be the one who bitching that the cops didn't do enough the next time a nutcase walks into a 'Gun free Zone' and starts killing. I'm gonna blame the Anti-Gun people. I am not Anti-Officer, and am Anti-Dumb ass officer. We live in America, we have the right to not be shot by police because we weren't paying attention when we didn't know that we should. We have the right to not be shot, because someone has a twitchy finger. The part that annoys me most is that they shot him before they even had his attention. I've seen too many instances of cops shooting people who didn't even realize the cops were talking to them. We had a case in San Antonio, Texas where a girl jogging with headphones on get her ass kicked by a cop because he was so angry that she didn't stop when he commanded. Well she couldn't hear him, she has the freaking right to not be injured by the people who are supposed to protect them. Her rights didn't go away because she didn't hear him, this kids rights don't end because he didn't hear them. Police Officers are too twitchy now, they shoot first. This kind've crap might have worked in the old west, but this aint them.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed

I can ALSO not blame the caller/witness who mis-interpreted the guy's behaviour and told the dispatcher "the guy looks like he's loading the gun"...and "he is pointing it at people". Fact is that people where very close BY that guy. Whether the guy then really "pointed the gun at people" or pointed it randomly at shelves etc. doesn't really matter.

I was just....baffled out of mind reading comments on this other board by "gun advocates" who demonized the caller/witness like he did anything wrong. He was just a witness and reported what he, subjectively, thought is happening.

That guy in the store acted so incredible stupid that everything else which resulted is also in large parts his own fault.

So don't be a moron...and such unfortunate things can be avoided.

The caller is on record admitting to false report to law enforcement officer. He intentionally created an atmosphere of immediate danger with the lies he admitted to telling.

he admits to lying, and you still cant blame him? You still blame the innocent victim who broke not one law, and not one other person felt threatened enough to make a call to 9-1-1 or file a complaint with management. Not ONE!!!!!!!

yes he was an idiot for his behavior. But you need to realize the ONLY reason this happened was a result of a lying liar who lied to law enforcement and made false claims of imminent danger to public life and property. Not one other person made a call or complaint. Had this man never even made the call, management and Asset Protection would have just eventually approached him and ask him to be more responsible with the product he was holding. The day would have went on and this tragedy would never have happened.

That one single action lead to this entire incident. He intentionally lied about the facts which infers he had malicious intent. If his fears were genuine there would have been no reason to add half truths and whole lies to his call.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Did you watch the video? The guy is just looking at something and then he falls. He's not aiming at anyone, he's not acting menacingly, or crazy. He's just some dumb kid who's walking around a freaking Walmart. No i'm not gonna be the one who bitching that the cops didn't do enough the next time a nutcase walks into a 'Gun free Zone' and starts killing. I'm gonna blame the Anti-Gun people. I am not Anti-Officer, and am Anti-Dumb ass officer. We live in America, we have the right to not be shot by police because we weren't paying attention when we didn't know that we should. We have the right to not be shot, because someone has a twitchy finger. The part that annoys me most is that they shot him before they even had his attention. I've seen too many instances of cops shooting people who didn't even realize the cops were talking to them. We had a case in San Antonio, Texas where a girl jogging with headphones on get her ass kicked by a cop because he was so angry that she didn't stop when he commanded. Well she couldn't hear him, she has the freaking right to not be injured by the people who are supposed to protect them. Her rights didn't go away because she didn't hear him, this kids rights don't end because he didn't hear them. Police Officers are too twitchy now, they shoot first. This kind've crap might have worked in the old west, but this aint them.

You see what you want to see in the video with the benefit of hindsight. It's a good thing the grand jury doesn't think like the majority of the people in this thread.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Again, not one other citizen made a call or complaint feeling threatened, let alone lied about the circumstances. I will just keep repeating this fact because it is very important thing that should have been considered by the grand jury. I will parrot this very line until the thread dies to get it through peoples thick skulls that it was the lying criminal caller who made this death possible, and him alone with his LIES!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes
Again, not one other citizen made a call or complaint feeling threatened, let alone lied about the circumstances. I will just keep repeating this fact because it is very important thing that should have been considered by the grand jury. I will parrot this very line until the thread dies to get it through peoples thick skulls that it was the lying criminal caller who made this death possible, and him alone with his LIES!

I don't think anyone has disagreed with you... get that through your thick skull.

The guy who called 911 and embellished the situation to get a faster police response was the second-most responsible for the death behind Mr. Crawford himself. The other fact you're ignoring is that he was in a secluded section of the store where very few people noticed his behavior. If he had been in a busier section of the store, I'm sure there would have been more calls to 911. You'll notice in the video that the woman and her kids who noticed him hurried away from the area and it looks as though they're telling someone about him (perhaps they were telling the "Marine" who called 911 which would explain why his facts were jumbled). Other people felt threatened so your claim is not accurate.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
But, you see, racism is just a bad memory. Anyone could be shot down while absentmindedly carrying a toy rifle around the store, not making threatening gestures or not playfully pointing it at people...

The fact those untrained badged ninnies (now murderers) were not even indicted speaks to just how much racism is not a factor anymore... now that we have a much beloved dark president.

I'm sure glad racism is dead... but perhaps a tad less dead than all those innocent darker folks through the last ...oh, 500 years.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Did you watch the video? The guy is just looking at something and then he falls. He's not aiming at anyone, he's not acting menacingly, or crazy. He's just some dumb kid who's walking around a freaking Walmart.

Completely dishonest statement. He's a dumb kid walking around a freaking WalMart holding a freaking realistic rifle by its freaking grip and waving it around. He then stands in a section for several minutes fiddling with the rifle and continues waving it around.

His behavior was anything but normal and THAT is what started the whole unfortunate situation.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
But, you see, racism is just a bad memory. Anyone could be shot down while absentmindedly carrying a toy rifle around the store, not making threatening gestures or not playfully pointing it at people...

The fact those untrained badged ninnies (now murderers) were not even indicted speaks to just how much racism is not a factor anymore... now that we have a much beloved dark president.

I'm sure glad racism is dead... but perhaps a tad less dead than all those innocent darker folks through the last ...oh, 500 years.

Ah yes, it's because he's black. Let's keep beating that dead horse to keep racism alive.

Active shooters in public places with rifle are almost always white. I'm sure the cop's mentality was "this guy's black so we definitely need to kill him ASAP."

FFS

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

When does he "wave it around?" When does he even accidentally point it at anyone? If you actually think his color had nothing at all to do with this... then good luck to you and the universe you inhabit.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

I personally know a man that could not get a high enough score on the ASVAB to get into the military, but the local police actively recruited him to work for them. He told me that he explained to them that he could not score high on the ASVAB and they said that was good because they didn't want anyone that was "too" smart working for them! He also excitedly talked about how he couldn't wait to be a cop and have someone run from him because then he could beat the crap out of them. I told him that he couldn't do that, and he said why, did you read that somewhere? Luckily he has not gone to work for the police department yet. Hoping that he never does.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The store keeps them in a box on the shelf. Any sane person knows this. For you to suggest that his behavior was perfectly normal is completely dishonest and shows you'll ignore common sense to justify your belief that the cops just wanted to kill him. He was carrying the rifle by its grip... a carrying method you generally only do when you're ready to fire it.

Maybe he thought of the gun as a toy? I would.

He picked it up from the shelf open box, it's not like he opened it up and carried it around to scare people, he had it in the condition provided by the store.

Besides that he made no threatening moves to the police. His back was to them, at the very most when they shouted at him he was turning around to react as anyone would. But the police didn't even give him time to do that.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
He reminds me of myself, my kids, and most people I know. When talking on the phone, you pick something up and absent mindedly play with it. Just like when you are sitting at a desk talking on the phone and draw doodles on paper. Or maybe you are unfamiliar with normal human behavior.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: moonleaf
He reminds me of myself, my kids, and most people I know. When talking on the phone, you pick something up and absent mindedly play with it. Just like when you are sitting at a desk talking on the phone and draw doodles on paper. Or maybe you are unfamiliar with normal human behavior.

So you make a habit of picking up guns and wandering around public places holding them by the grip?

For your kids' sake, I hope you have an excellent life insurance policy.

The lengths people are going to in order to excuse Mr. Crawford of any fault are just ridiculous and transparent.
edit on 9/26/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

The lengths people are going to in order to excuse Mr. Crawford of any fault are just ridiculous and transparent.

No, we're being rational. He was talking on his phone with his back to the cops. He had displayed no ill intent and was screwing around with an unloaded pellet gun... something that looks like a firearm but isn't one.

The cops stormed the place, and barely even identified themselves before shooting him to death, if we go by the phone record the police didn't shout anything until after opening fire. And the man had his back to the cops the entire time.

That was hands down an execution and the only fault Crawford had was being in the store in the first place. He should have known better, no good comes from shopping at Walmart.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

The lengths people will go to say he deserved what he got is even more ridiculous and transparent.
This man was essentially killed for being stupid.
Was not given the opportunity to cease what he was doing by his killers, just shot dead for his actions that were putting no one in danger

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: moonleaf

This is exactly what I was thinking. He might have been there to shoplift it but as far as I could tell he was talking on the phone and occupying his hands by doing that.

When distracted humans do odd things. I knew someone who was talking on a cellphone and pressed the Fire Emergency Call button on the box in a major city. Didn't even know it until after the alarm went off.

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join