It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Video Finally Released of Cops Shooting Man with a Toy Gun in Wal-Mart

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart
What some people seem to be missing is, he was in a shop that sells toys, walking around holding a toy while on the phone. The Toy was out of packaging and he picked it up.
Regardless of having it on show, in his mind he's holding a toy in a shop, he didn't threaten a soul.

This was not a Toy, no matter how hard some folks want it to be.

"The Crosman MK-177 Tactical Air Rifle is useful for both target practice when perfecting your aim and for going after small game. Using new valve technology, it combines a lower pumping force with higher velocities, making it easier to fire BBs at speeds of up to 800 fps. The rugged, all-weather construction allows this hunting air rifle to be durable and able to withstand wind, rain and other outdoor elements. A full tactical rail on top features adjustable sights, while side rails hold optional accessories such as flashlights or lasers. The MK-177 black rifle is fed by either a five-shot pellet clip or the internal 300-plus BB magazine that is conveniently located on the side. A hidden compartment in stock assists in carrying additional ammo. Weighing about three pounds and featuring a tactical pistol grip, the rifle is easy to handle and maneuver for extended periods of time."

Walmart

How can the victim be to blame? It boggles my mind that anyone could think that way. The mistake is the police shooting an UNARMED man in toy shop. Not the customer.

Law enforcement had no way of knowing that the subject was unarmed. Stupidity is what caused this Man to lose his life. It's a horrible tragedy that never should have happened. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Stupidity is what caused this Man to lose his life. It's a horrible tragedy that never should have happened. ~$heopleNation

Yeah the stupidity of a happy trigger cop, should of never happened.... pft.
I see people and kids handle real, semi real and toy guns in walmart all the time.... The stupid cop didn't know he was at Walmart....

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

Yeah the stupidity of a happy trigger cop, should of never happened.... pft.

Of course it should never have happened, a person is dead now.

I see people and kids handle real, semi real and toy guns in walmart all the time.... The stupid cop didn't know he was at Walmart....

Again, this was not a Toy, and they do not sell Toys in The Sporting Goods section at Walmart. Nor do they sell pellet guns in the Toy isle at Walmart. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Again, this was not a Toy

It doesn't matter, he's at Walmart!!!

And they don't sell toys in the Kitchen & Dining area, nor do they sell Butter Knives in the toy isle..... you know why, right? It's Walmart!!!

The stupid cop should've known better...

edit on 25-9-2014 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Yes it does matter because in Ohio, Walmart sells firearms. Apparently you're not aware of that fact. Plus, anyone can walk into a Walmart with a firearm. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Dos those toy guns have red bits on the front?

Ps.... I knew he is going to open fire the sec he walked in.. I blame the games. Dame you xbox.
edit on 25-9-2014 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Shredder36>> ,A completely unjustified shooting, although the police should have been called. The guy was a lackwit for picking the gun up and playing with it. What was he, 8 years old? But in that situation, when the police arrive they had no indication shots were fired and he should have been ordered to the ground. He'd have looked and felt like an idiot, which he was, but he'd be alive. Bad actions by the officer and the dept. will have to pay the damages.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

Yes it does matter because in Ohio, Walmart sells firearms. Apparently you're not aware of that fact. Plus, anyone can walk into a Walmart with a firearm. ~$heopleNation

You don't get it..... Walmart sells everything.... get this stupid cop to walk into Cabela's or Toys R Us he would have a field day!

edit on 25-9-2014 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Does it really matter if the item is a toy or not?

The fact is that this man visited a store, picked up an item from the shelf of this store and got killed for it.

THE VICTIM IS NOT AT FAULT!

The cop shot first and asked questions later. He did not give the man a chance to understand what was even happening before he was gunned down.

To try and justify the cop's actions by making the BB gun sound like a big scary assault weapon is intellectually dishonest and is a sad attempt at victim blaming.

You say there was no way for the cops to know if the subject was armed? How about asking him? How about telling him to drop the weapon, then working it out from there? How about assessing the situation before making a move? How about using some common freaking sense instead of running in guns blazing like some kind of 90's action movie.

There were millions of other ways the cops could have approached the situation. They made their choice and now an innocent man is dead. They need to be on trial for their actions and if they can't handle doing their job without murdering innocent people, they should not have the badge in the first place.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I would more lean on the word " incompetence" than stupidity, they made 0% attempt to ascertain anything and stormed in like a bunch of cowboys, no opportunities were given.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

You don't get it..... Walmart sells everything.... get this stupid cop to walk into Cabela's or Toys R Us he would have a field day!

No it's you that does not get it, anyone can walk into anywhere with a gun. That is what you seem to not be able to comprehend. The Police have a duty to respond to a possible threat. ~$heopleNation
edit on 25-9-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx

Does it really matter if the item is a toy or not?

Yes it does, because the title of this thread is misleading.

The fact is that this man visited a store, picked up an item from the shelf of this store and got killed for it.

THE VICTIM IS NOT AT FAULT!

Yes he does share his equal part of the blame because he picked up an open item, a pellet gun, and proceeded to walk around and wave it in the air. You can't get rung up in the check out line without the items package. Therefore the guy was either planning on shoving it down his pants, or he's an imbecile.

Why not pick up a packaged one if he intended on purchasing it? Try thinking, that usually helps.

The cop shot first and asked questions later. He did not give the man a chance to understand what was even happening before he was gunned down.

Or the Law enforcement officer wanted to go home alive to his family, and a moron who made a bad decision is the one who is truly to blame.

To try and justify the cop's actions by making the BB gun sound like a big scary assault weapon is intellectually dishonest and is a sad attempt at victim blaming.

I don't need to make it sound like anything, cause it looks like a real gun.

You say there was no way for the cops to know if the subject was armed? How about asking him? How about telling him to drop the weapon, then working it out from there? How about assessing the situation before making a move? How about using some common freaking sense instead of running in guns blazing like some kind of 90's action movie.

I don't know, you should probably ask them yourself.

There were millions of other ways the cops could have approached the situation. They made their choice and now an innocent man is dead. They need to be on trial for their actions and if they can't handle doing their job without murdering innocent people, they should not have the badge in the first place.

True, but just the same the idiot should not have picked up an open item, a Pellet gun, and walked around waving it in the air either. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Philosophically when you get to the root it's Walmart's fault in the beginning. They left it out, that kid looked like he was going to take it. The cops came in, no thought just shouted and fired.

Wonderful. The cops messed up big time.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I would more lean on the word " incompetence" than stupidity, they made 0% attempt to ascertain anything and stormed in like a bunch of cowboys, no opportunities were given.

That is a fair suggestion. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
At no time in my life have I thought it would be a good idea to take an opened BB gun off of Wal-Mart shelves and walk around the store with it while talking on my cell phone. That's just stupid.

After watching the video, if I was in the store with my family I would have called the cops as well.

Did this man deserve to die? Probably not, BUT his actions that day and lack of common sense ultimately caused his death.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Philosophically when you get to the root it's Walmart's fault in the beginning. They left it out, that kid looked like he was going to take it. The cops came in, no thought just shouted and fired.

Wonderful. The cops messed up big time.

It's certainly possible that Walmart could be held liable. I am sure the Family has discussed that option with their Attorney. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNationYes he does share his equal part of the blame because he picked up an open item, a pellet gun, and proceeded to walk around and wave it in the air. You can't get rung up in the check out line without the items package. Therefore the guy was either planning on shoving it down his pants, or he's an imbecile.

Why not pick up a packaged one if he intended on purchasing it? Try thinking, that usually helps.

You know for a fact it did not have a price sticker on the open item (happens at the Wal-Mart I occasionally go to).
You know for a fact there were boxed items of the same model for sale in the store? (If it was the last one and open of course he'd purchase it).
I have purchased many things at Wal-Mart with no price tags, they simply call the department and do a price check.

Not trying to start a fight

Just picking at your line of reasoning.

I know plenty of imbiciles, idiots, and fools... I just don't want them getting needlessly killed for it.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

"I know plenty of imbiciles, idiots, and fools... I just don't want them getting needlessly killed for it."

Nobody wants that but being stupid can get you killed. In todays world there is a certain amount of responsibility a person accepts in walking around with a look alike gun in a walmart. There is responsibility in reporting as well, and I am sure the way to get the cops there in a hurry was to say he point the gun at a child. After all a pizza gets to your house faster than
the police. The anti gun agenda holds a amount of responsibility as well, lets start children at an early age to fear guns, panic the public at the sight of a firearm, kick kids from school for eating a poptart in the shape of a gun or pointing fingers and viola' you have a built in panic button.

How much of this transcends to police I don't know, but their responsibility is to rely on training remain calm in the face of danger as a professional and don't shoot first and ask questions later. From the time this old man was a kid to today they carried 22's to school to hunt on the way home for food, to TSA viper teams searching the public at bus stops and train stations for weapons. Obama care even has a requirement for the doctor to ask if you own firearms. We have changed our culture to create fear and and panic over firearms. In some instances we all share in this responsibility, and this could be one of them.

BTW as an example of stupid getting you killed, stupid electricians don't last long.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
You know for a fact it did not have a price sticker on the open item (happens at the Wal-Mart I occasionally go to).
You know for a fact there were boxed items of the same model for sale in the store? (If it was the last one and open of course he'd purchase it).
I have purchased many things at Wal-Mart with no price tags, they simply call the department and do a price check.

Well how do you know that it did have a tag? And usually those are boxed and zip tied up tighter than a Barbie doll. The OP should change the title of their thread, because that item is sold in Walmart's Outdoor Sporting goods section, not the Toy isle.

Not trying to start a fight

Just picking at your line of reasoning.

No offence taken, we are having a discussion.

I know plenty of imbiciles, idiots, and fools... I just don't want them getting needlessly killed for it.

Of course he did not deserve to lose his life, he just made a tragic mistake. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Why is this guy grabbing a BB rifle from the shelf, and then carries it through the store?

Why is this guy looking like he is actually drawing the rifle while he is walking through the store with it? This is not how someone looks who likes to purchase a (toy) rifle, unless of course he is a moron.

Why is spending considerable time (over FIVE minutes) ***with the rifle 'drawn' in his hands*** in a single location/before a single shelf? (This is very odd, untypical behaviour for someone who would just go shopping in Walmart, IMHO)

Why is he taking cover when the police is an entire isle away still? Why is he taking cover/hiding....rather than doing the obvious, that is effing DROP the (toy) weapon and get to the ground? Someone who just wanted to get a BB gun and would then be surprised by police because of some terrible misunderstanding would NOT seek cover, in my opinion.

That guy is/was either a total moron to behave this way...or he was up to no good with this toy rifle.

I don't have more background information about this case, but I am NOT in the slightest surprised that someone called the cops...and the rest, is well unfortunate.

Edit:

I say "unfortunate" since for the cops, the moment they went in there it was some ARMED GUY with a rifle/shotgun. It is easy to blame the cops for having a fast trigger finger etc. and re-analyze the scenario from your couch and find mistakes. Fact is, the cops went in (and as the article also states) the guy did NOT drop the gun. As long as the guy didn't drop the gun, the cops perceived themselves under a lethal threat. As simple as that.

Edit 2:

Correction, ok he dropped the gun. My mistake. Watched it again on bigger screen. Still, he behaved extremely odd, especially those over 5 minutes standing and actually waving the gun around. What did he expect? Did it EVER dawn on him it might probably be really stupid to do this in a public place?
edit on 9/25/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join