It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Video Finally Released of Cops Shooting Man with a Toy Gun in Wal-Mart

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Beavercreek, Mich. – Special Prosecutor Mark Piepmeier released the long awaited surveillance video of John Crawford being gunned down, while holding a BB gun, in a Beavercreek, Ohio Wal-Mart.

The video was released as Piepmeier announced that that the Greene County grand jury in Xenia had chosen not to indict the officers involved in the August 5th incident, which resulted in the death of John Crawford, 22.

BREAKING: Video Finally Released of Cops Shooting Man with a Toy Gun in Wal-Mart

It's a little hard to tell, but it looks like they turned the corner and didn't give much warning, if any, before shots were fired. It looked like the victim was on the phone, somewhat oblivious of what was going on around him.

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Embedded

From the accompanying article:

Beavercreek officers claim that they shot Crawford after he ignored their commands and refused to drop the BB gun. The family of Crawford vigorously disputes that notion.

“It was an execution, no doubt about it,” alleged Crawford’s father, John Crawford II. “It was flat-out murder. And when you see the footage, it will illustrate that.”
The video of the incident seems to bolster the families claims, as there is absolutely no reaction by Crawford until he is hit by gunfire presumably.

Additionally, preliminary autopsy findings show that Crawford was shot in the back of his left arm and in his left side, which supports the claim that he was never even facing the officers that shot him, as shown in the video. These facts support a narrative that officers never made verbal contact with Crawford, but instead simply gunned him down on sight.

When reviewing the video, Crawford neither points the weapon at anyone, nor does he have any type of body language suggesting that he ever heard any commands given to him to drop the BB gun if they were actually given. It’s much more likely, judging from the surveillance video, that officers simply shot Crawford on sight without giving him the opportunity to drop the toy gun.

I think I may have just watched an execution, I really hope I'm wrong and someone can show how the police tried to make contact and did not just gun him down for shopping.

edit on 24-9-2014 by Elton because: Clarity

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This world is just NUTS!!!

+25 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Shredder36

I'm really hoping they pull a Ferguson here. That was absolute murder.

I can imagine the conversation he was having on the phone:
"Cool, I found a toy gun on the shelf. Anyway, good talking to you. I better put this away before a cop shoots me, hah hah! Yeah, I know, I'm just kidding. Wait, I think I hear somebo--"

Sickening.

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Yeah that does NOT look good.

Go in guns blazing, no time for the guy to even react.
edit on 2420140920141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

+46 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The "former marine" that called 911 should be getting tried for murder

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Shredder36

Wow!
Much different picture then what was presented originally, didn't seem like there was much time for any "drop" commands to be made

+24 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
And the grand-jury decided NOT to indict.
I'm assuming they saw the video... wtf?

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

No, he shouldn't. I would have called the cops too. Seeing a guy walking around with what appears to be a real rifle is cause for concern, and he was flipping that thing all over the place.

The cops are the ones who royally screwed up. Too much adrenaline not enough training.

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
You know I'm just waiting for the bigots to come in here and try to paint the kid that got shot to death as a "thug" and criminal.

You know that they're coming. The mental gymnastics that these scumbags go through are amazing.
edit on 9/24/2014 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
And the grand-jury decided NOT to indict.
I'm assuming they saw the video... wtf?

Yeah I'm sort of amazed. I can't think of anything outside of seeing him aim the gun at someone that would justify what I just saw. That was just blatantly f-ed up.

Especially when they approached him while he was on the floor.

I really thought this video was going to be a lot less clear cut. I figured it was going to show the cops staged up and possible yelling at the guy, then firing a few seconds later where the timing was questionable. Not run in, shoot guy, shoot him again.

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Not even a "drop the weapon..." Just a straight-up murder. I blame the fake-Marine coward who called 911 for 90% of this, but the police really screwed up too.
edit on 24-9-2014 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Why are we trying to make sense of the senseless? We are the insane asylum for the galaxy.

link   

Well I hope not. Again, I would have called the cops regardless of race, gender and what have you, but this is so clear cut I can't see anyone saying he was a thug, or thinking that would even matter.

I don't care if he was indeed a thug with a long rap sheet. The cops wouldn't have been aware so what happened was completely unjustified.

+22 more 
link   
a reply to: Elton

That is such a F----- way to go.

Man, one moment you're minding you're own business shopping and excited about making a purchase and thinking about either what else you have to do or plan to do later and the next.....

A Cop kills you at of all places Crappy Wal-Mart

edit on 24-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Isn't Ohio an open carry state? He could have been carrying around an AR-15 or an AK-47 and he still shouldn't have been shot. He had a right to carry the gun in Wal-Mart

It's just weird that this doesn't happen to all of the other people that decide to walk around with real guns in wal mart or targets

+28 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This is why the police need to be disarmed.

They also need body cams.

They also need 100% supervision from civilian operated LEO babysitters

They also should be required to take college level constitution classes.

Oh and weekly beatings as well so they don't start feeling superior

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

It's just weird that this doesn't happen to all of the other people that decide to walk around with real guns in wal mart or targets

I try to leave race out of most things... but I think this smacks of a race issue. I can't see cops shooting someone that looked like me so readily, and I can't see cops not being indicted if that was a clean cut white guy.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

My thoughts exactly.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I am so sick and tired of the police. They don't even follow the law. When the hell will the people wake up and say no more?

They're no longer to protect and serve they're to oppress and collect revenue. All they ever do is protect their own, nepotistic legalized murderers. When you need them they're extremely unsupportive and act like you're bothering them. Not all of them are like this but it's about time each and every single one of them is held accountable for what their psychotic brothers do. You may be a good boy in blue but your brother isn't, thus it reflects on all of you.

Don't want to be stereotypical but the police stereotype every citizen by lumping them into the same bin. The bin is labelled Criminal/Revenue Source.

I hope they pull a Ferguson but have enough sense to not trash their own homes/businesses

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join