It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UK Ministry of Defense Global Strategic Defense Manual - Predicting 2014 - 2045 Link included

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hi been a while,

I have stumbled upon this document, benchmarked April 2014 on the UK Mod's vision for the next 30 years. I would appreciate comments on this government document. There are some pretty messed up things in this 200 odd page document. It burnt out my laser jets powder cartridge out printing the beast.

This seems to be a more rounded and extended version of the earlier one in the mid to late 2000's. This is a downloadable PDF.

This is the link;

www.gov.uk...

Hope you enjoy and use a proxy lol

Djaybeetoo
edit on 24-9-2014 by djaybeetoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: djaybeetoo

I'm not down loading a pdf.

Can you give a summary or highlights?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I have not read the whole document, but it does imply that there will be a big demographic shift in Western Europe, North America, Australia and New Zealand. There are other mentions of more automation in heavy industry. It covers a heck of a lot more than that.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It is a 200 page document and to summarise it in a couple of sentences is not going to happen. Get a friend to download the pdf if you are that paranoid, hell they know when you log into this site.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Do they know if there will be a symphony written for the banjo?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
There is already a symphony for banjo's, called duelling banjo's

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
a reply to: djaybeetoo

I'm not down loading a pdf.

Can you give a summary or highlights?

Biggest defence worries are that globally spread out ethnic populations remain in communication through the internet and local issues lead to protests/action where they are.
More women in front-line roles.
Failed and failing cities require more militarized police
Growing use of power stations increased the risk of nuclear materials getting into the hands of terrorists
Use of Big Data and powerful processors will mean that teachers will have more interactive classrooms
and that research students will study entire systems and not statistical samples of the population
Increased automation from robots/IT/3d printing reduces length of manufacturing chains and moves
Alternative currencies increases the ability to transfer funds anonymously
Globalisation make it impossible to individual countries to act alone
More human robots
production closer to the consumer
europe - increasing water scarcity
Middle East - ongoing volatility
Aging populations
Water wars
China's growing power - global reach
Global warming/increased population - more disasters
Criminal use of space - jamming communications

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
nice summary, but there is more stormcell. The purpose of the thread was to get people to get the document and spread it if they feel like it, I read in the US Army/Marine Corps Counter Insurgency Field Manual with a foreword by Gen. Petraeus, that it is best to know what your potential enemies are thinking. Just like sun Tzu.
edit on 24-9-2014 by djaybeetoo because: Correcting Book title

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Interesting find. Kudos!
Obviously I haven't read the whole thing yet, but just looking at some chapters (North America, in particular), it seems that the general assumption is that things will largely stay the same, with a few changes here and there. It assumes a whole lot of continued alliances between nations that already look like they have differing interests. Assumes a status quo regarding the UN and NATO. This all seems highly unlikely to me, at least considering the last 6000 years of human history. This is only based on the part of the North America chapter that I read so far. It could go in another direction entirely elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: djaybeetoo
There is already a symphony for banjo's, called duelling banjo's

thats not a symphony silly rabbit ! I've been practicing, I'll be ready!

edit on 24-9-2014 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have a friend in the states that teaches people banjo, he is a good guy

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
thanks pierre, have fun reading it, I hope it helps your research into the clusterf**k we live in.

edit on 24-9-2014 by djaybeetoo because: grammar, using full stops and other language misdemenours

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I wonder if it will predict that by 2020 the U.K's official language will be Arabic?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
What about kryptothemian after the alien invasion?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: djaybeetoo
What about kryptothemian after the alien invasion?

Good one!! a star for you!! I like the cut of your jib!! An heres a pint o three fer ye

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I find it quite amusing that not many people are picking up this thread. The purpose is to get peoples thoughts on this government document.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Thanks Stormcell, that was quite a lot of information.

As for Djaybeetoo, how do you expect anyone to show any interest in downloading a 200 page PDF file if you don't even offer some teasers at least? You are supposed to offer some information and give your opinion, not just post a link and expect people to comment on it.

Also, I can be paranoid, but it's not that, I live in a damn swamp and only have a dial-up connection. I'm not going to take a half hour plus to download a 200 page pdf only to find it has nothing I want to read. You make an assumption without thinking and you offer a post without any information, that is pretty lazy in my book and not really worth my effort if it's not worth yours.

ETA: Notice how few replies you have? No one will put in an effort if you don't.

edit on 25-9-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added comments

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
What is the point in posting something revelatory how the powers that be here, when you have to deal with rank stupidity.
edit on 30-9-2014 by djaybeetoo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join