It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives try to woo female voters with ad calling Obama their stalker boyfriend

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

The conservative group Americans for Shared Prosperity released an advertisement in which it compared President Barack Obama to a shiftless, abusive boyfriend.

The ad — which is a parody of commercials for dating sites like Match.com — features a racially ambiguous woman discussing the profile of the man she met online.

The choice of actress has been praised by conservatives as “a personable but racially ambiguous actress to deliver the message. While she’s clearly not of Celtic origin, her subtle racial mixture, whatever it might be, is spot-on for targeting Everywoman.”

Regardless of what the GOP says; apparently they do feel they have a problem appealing to women.
I'm not so sure this is the correct approach to woo females into the conservative ranks.
imo it's pandering, demeaning, ill conceived, insulting to women and may backfire on the GOP.

I would think an ad stating what the GOP will do to improve womens lives, the economy, jobs, etc. would be more effective but negative campaigns do work sometimes....who knows?

Any bets that a man wrote that ad?

“The Republican advertising techniques have not changed since the ’80s — the one-size-fits-all advertising by the Republican Party has been bad,” he added. “The purpose of this is to treat women voters more like adults than either the Democrats or Republicans have.”

As many on Twitter noted, however, treating a woman like an “adult” is different then making a woman who has been stalked and sexually abused into a punchline:

edit on 24-9-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
How about instead of crying about Obama, the GOP focuses on issues? lol Real issues and leadership. Real leadership starts with taking responsibility and finding a way forward.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yeah, it sounds like a dating site and political ads use all kinds of gimmicks to get attention, but....What part of it isn't true?
2nd line.
edit on 24-9-2014 by DAVID64 because: punctuation

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I thought the ad was pretty weak myself a better ad would have been a upset wife is mad and calling her man lazy and he won't do anything to help fix the house because he spends too much time golfing.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Wow, it feels a bit out of touch.
I don't think the Democrats win Presidential elections so much as the other guys lose them.. A lot of us [sadly] felt the need to vote for who we saw as the lesser of two evils.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
How about instead of crying about Obama, the GOP focuses on issues? lol Real issues and leadership. Real leadership starts with taking responsibility and finding a way forward.

Let me know when Obama takes responsibility for something. He is the President right?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

Here: www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
a reply to: OptimusCrime

Here: www.nbcnews.com...

That's because he got caught and the guy may have sidetracked his crappy healthcare law.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton

I don't think the Democrats win Presidential elections so much as the other guys lose them.. A lot of us [sadly] felt the need to vote for who we saw as the lesser of two evils.

The way things are shaping up...Jeb B. looks like the golden boy for next GOP select fest;
And for the Dembs....Clinton, H. again. I don't think Jebs boyish cuteness will be any match for the Ice Queen!!

same as it ever was....Dynasty. imo Jeb is more of a lib than Hillary. The Rush/Beck styled right must be in agony about now.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 24-9-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

The conservative group Americans for Shared Prosperity released an advertisement in which it compared President Barack Obama to a shiftless, abusive boyfriend.

Not a bad comparison !!

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Though I get your post. As a conservative. I have a really hard time calling today's GOP conservative in any sense lol

I don't think they are going to have an issue though this next election cycle due to the actions of this administration.....

I would however like to see them have a hell of a time against the libertarian party. I think they have a really good shot this election against the rep and deMs

.....well one can dream anyway

edit on 9/24/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

That's an accurate statement

The rep party is so far out of touch w it's conservative base its mind boggling

I think that's why they have pretty much loss that base

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I would however like to see them have a hell of a time against the libertarian party. I think they have a really good shot this election against the rep and deMs

That would be nice to see a 3rd party mount an offensive against the offensive gop and dnc....but wheres the money going to come from to run a viable campaign? Grass roots? not hardly!

Money is the life blood of politics and as bad as it hurts me to say this and I am a registered Libertarian and worked for gov. gary J. last go round; aint gonna happen...

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I think the Democrats should counter that with an ad featuring Michelle Obama in a mock interview where they ask her about that woman who is dating her husband.

It wouldn't even have to make a point other than pointing out how ridiculous it is to quantify the complexities of running a superpower with a dating site analogy.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hate me...

I liked it. Would it sway my vote? Not really. I don't vote party lines and never have. I pretty much dislike Obama immensely at this point, so maybe that does color my judgement concerning the ad. Might as well be honest. I can't say either way, and don't really care.

She spoke the truth, regardless of how it was done... it was still factual.

I'm not hoping for another Bush. I'm not really hoping for much, because everyone that is in the spotlight at this point sucks.

My candidate will likely not come from either party line. I wish others felt the same way, then maybe we would be able to get real change and not pretty speeches about it. Quit voting for whoever had the best commercial, whoever made the other candidates look worse, which letter is at the end of their name and start voting for whoever we can get in the White House to actually start serving the damn people instead of themselves and big corporations.

Until then... We can all just lay down in this shiite bed we've made. Isn't it comfy??
edit on 9/24/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Exactly. We've seen what happens when 3rd parties run. No matter how much money is pumped into them you can't out revenue the special interest machine...

(Insert politician)" yeah guy in libertarian party is spending this much. Write me a check"

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

lets have an american labor party;

representing the interests of middle-class/working-class workers.

it's main platform being to repeal nafta and to reform campaign finance laws.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA

Come on they get an A for effort.

On another note, how about we just destroy the two party system? I get the feeling that the same people own both left and right, and just like to make bets on who can win over the most idiots.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The GOP has had a great problem with women voters, especially more recently. Maybe women just have better sense than many men, lol. I think the GOP alienated many women who once supported them, because the women finally realized that the party's beliefs were at odds with reality where these women were concerned. I remember posting in a thread a while back, after the GOP started talking about making certain birth control measures available over the counter and to more women, that this was strictly designed to sway women back to the GOP camp. But according to the party they don't engage in such "games."

I mentioned that it was no coincidence that this announcement came on the heels of the GOP's poll of women voters, where it was discovered that the party was even worse off with the women than they thought. And it was found that even areas where women traditionally voted republican were shifting to the other side. In my opinion it is just a matter of time before the GOP splinters even further, because people are starting to realize that GOP beliefs do not align with reality in many instances, and that the party is serving to ensure the monopolization of the economy. I am not saying that liberal beliefs are perfect by any means, but I think the left gives a much better starting point for truly fixing the system.

And that is my point, more women and people in general are realizing as much and are jumping ship. I don't know how long the party has, but I am certain we will see a decline in support. It will not dissolve, rather it will splinter into other groups. They will not be at a loss for funding however, which is the main reason they will be around in one or more forms for at least some time. Money, which the GOP gets plenty of from big business sources in one form or another, can do a lot of things in politics, unfortunately. The entire system is broken.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Instead of throwing mud at each other, I'd rather see politicians talking about real things that affect poor and working people. Maybe talk about lowering gas/food prices--inflation. Maybe investigate Wall Street speculators or something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join