It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intriguing Petroglyphs - Easter Island Statue

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spruce
The lower portion appears to be a stylized g-string.

originally posted by: Hanslune

Probably a malo/maru/pareu/pareo or loincloth made of tapa.

To me it looks almost exactly like a traditional Japanese Mawashi, it seems to be tied together just like one. The resemblance is intriguing.

Oh dear, did I just start a theory that the Easter Island was visited by the Japanese in a distant past, and that the statues actually represents Rikishis?
edit on 1-10-2014 by Heliocentric because: winter dawn a butterfly wakes up in my dream

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Heliocentric

Well they do kinda don't they but then most loincloths somewhat all look alike.

You could make up a good Japanese samurai movie with the hero escaping from a failed siege pursued by the family that has done in his lord to whom he was pledged. A storm, his being tossed up on Anakena beach and his influencing the RN. He of course was a former sumo wrestler before becoming a bushi.......

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Heliocentric

Well they do kinda don't they but then most loincloths somewhat all look alike.

You could make up a good Japanese samurai movie with the hero escaping from a failed siege pursued by the family that has done in his lord to whom he was pledged. A storm, his being tossed up on Anakena beach and his influencing the RN. He of course was a former sumo wrestler before becoming a bushi.......

Hans,
That is a the plot of a real samurai story, it's in a book of the history of feudal Japan that I've got.

It's been awhile since I've read it but the it goes something like this.
Late 16th century.
A minor Daimyo and his brother were resisting being taken over by a more powerful neighboring clan and were defeated. They tried to flee to the Philippines, but were washed out to sea by a storm.
They eventually made landfall on an island, and were immediately set upon by local warriors, whom the brothers and their retinue easily dispatched.
The brothers immediately began to assert their dominance among the local tribesmen, and before long they were the new headmen of the island.
They treated the locals just as they did the Japanese peasants, badly, so after a couple of years living high on the hog, and using the people to build a "castle" the locals joined up with people from a neighboring island and overthrew the foreign lords and their supporters. They fled by canoe and eventuallyade their way back to Japan, where I believe they were put to death upon discovering their identities.
I'm certain that they made to Micronesia, as there is a parallel story among one of the pacific island people of "foreign lords" that abused the people and were cast out.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Buddyman
Thanks for the info Slayer,great presentation as well by the way..

All these petroglyphs seem to point to a world wide culture and single language and are consistent to other locales around the world.

Here is a postulation on my part regarding Easter Island and the statues;It seems they were buried (naturally) in mud or earth whatever..I say this island could be the leftovers of Lemuria/Mu and that these islands are, what once were the peaks of a continent;and as is evident, there were cyclical cataclysms (planet x) that effected tectonic plates to the point of them dissappering under the waves;this is so clear once you look into the area of submerged cities.

This is the same scenario as the Azores,which again seem to be, what once was the highest peaks of Atlantis and are now only islands.

I love this kind of thing, nice thread!!

Edit;i really believe that this "ancient advanced civilization" was clearly spread globally,taking into account all the usual suspects from Mayans,Aztecs,Egyptians,Sumeriens..well everywhere,you get my drift..the founders/controllers,were none other than the Annunaki,Elohim or many of their other personas that they were known by..each time 'the' cataclysm came, society started a fresh,and again each time there was a new 'blueprint' for that society..these individuals are still here in control and just play the mystery card when it comes to subjects like this;it seems clearer by the day, of what did and does still occur and who is at the helm of our issues here on Earth.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

Yes, it was a theme I too came across when I was working on the content for a game set in Japan from 1590 to 1640. One such story was set on Hahajima if I remember correctly another on itbayat...or was it Hachijo-Jima?
edit on 2/10/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Yes, it was a theme I too came across when I was working on the content for a game set in Japan from 1590 to 1640. One such story was set on Hahajima if I remember correctly another on itbayat...or was it Hachijo-Jima?

Cool,
Would that game have been Total War?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Nope, it never got published unfortunately. It was a variant of the seven Samurai where everything that could have happened in a Japanese village of the time was possible.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune
Darn,
To bad it never took off, sounds like it would have been fun.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
I see there are some who have found the truth and who refuse to be duped anymore,it is about time ,now the pieces are coming together as they should have long ago.

The 2016 timeline is slightly early but close enough to get people thinking,this is your one chance Fancy so dont let me down.

couldnt sleep so im going through Slayer's threads that i missed... and had to star your comment just for the Fancy reference alone. Dont let me down now, your mommas gonna take ya up town.

on topic- these statues have always intrigued me. Even more so after i realized that there was actually more to the statues themselves. To me the markings do look like tatoos of some sort- i wonder if the "dots" could be correlated to any known celestial alignments, there are a series of three dots with one being slightly off center... reminding me of orions belt. I would assume that if they were sailing anywhere they were navigating by the stars- or at least aware of them.... Orion being one of the easiest alignments to not only recognize but to duplicate.. could the other dots represent other constellations in any way?

I wonder how many of the statues have petroglyphs hidden under the soil

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

That's exactly what I see too! With boobs!

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join