It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible UFO over London.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: highjinxhostage
I am in London too and last night there was a plane with no flashing lights that looks like Jupiter on the move going round in circles. I have watched this a few times now through a telescope. Sometimes a red light will be switched on, other times a light will come on in the cockpit...all very strange.

Maybe it has something to do with traffic reports, who knows?

Any links or images confirming this? Is it an official procedure or is it something shadier? Any known aircraft?

Certainly (and unfortunately) sounds like a plausible explanation but I've never heard of a plane that flies with full beam lights (and make no mistake, this lights were very bright) and just flies in circles, seems like a hazard to air traffic.
edit on 25-9-2014 by AblyEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

Thank you for the video, I'll be sure to watch that tomorrow afternoon.

And thank you to everyone who has constructively replied. I'm also glad it has been seen by 3 fellow ATSers.

A day since it happened & it amazes me more & more when I think about it, and it's consumed the majority of my thoughts since. The sheer arrogance of it, flying in a clear night sky with it's bright lights. Especially when it turnt red, it was genuinely beautiful.

I for one can not agree it was human controlled solely because of how obvious it was, it was there, dominating the night sky, no thought for descrestion. Surely anything human, our military or enemies, would be virtually invisible?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Yes, when we see UFOs I think we should be aware of the plane headlights used for landing and takeoff as SoylentGreen says because they have to be very bright. An object coming towards us is not going to appear to move much so will appear to be hovering if not watched very carefully. These planes are descending quite slowly in order to avoid upsetting the dinner trays :-) However, they are unlikely to move side-to-side quickly and would only appear to move sideways if they were turning to remain in a circular holding pattern which they do when there is no parking or landing space available. This is done at thousands of feet high so I doubt whether they would have landing lights on at that time too.

However, I am not saying that anything seen in this thread is a plane, just that I agree it is something to be aware of when we see strange things with bright white lights in the sky. Satellites flash white occasionally too.

I think that anything military would have pretty good radar and systems to avoid collision so may not have lights turned on - particularly if it was running in invisible mode.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AblyEnergy

Hey sorry no links or images im afraid, i am just a dude who watches the sky at night. just thought i would let you know your not the only one to have noticed this as you were getting a bit of a kicking from the pic's or it did'nt happen crowd.

You are right though it is strange for a few reasons, before i watching through the telescope i thought the little green men had arrived! and weather reporting or some sort of atmospheric testing was the best logic i could come up with.

hope it helps

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

You could be right, I know what you mean by "look like they're hovering completely still and once they turn appear to move much quicker" and it definitely was not that, 100% certain. This also was moving in a totally different direction to where the planes take off from. For example if all the planes taking off from the airport head north, this was going west (pretty much cutting right through the middle of the Northbound path) BUT the light was facing south if you understand what I mean. So it was facing south but heading west (appeared to be going sideways).

Also doesn't explain it totally vanishing, my friend said it could've been a shooting star? But I've personally never witnessed one so I couldn't tell you wether or not it wasn't, this was moving quite slowly though so I have my doubts about that.
edit on 26-9-2014 by Benjicleo because: Typo

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'm curious if this is a blimp that was covering the NFL games that are happening over there right now. That blimp, lit up at night, does look odd.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: highjinxhostage
a reply to: AblyEnergy

Hey sorry no links or images im afraid, i am just a dude who watches the sky at night. just thought i would let you know your not the only one to have noticed this as you were getting a bit of a kicking from the pic's or it did'nt happen crowd.

You are right though it is strange for a few reasons, before i watching through the telescope i thought the little green men had arrived! and weather reporting or some sort of atmospheric testing was the best logic i could come up with.

hope it helps

I meant internet links to the craft in question, but no to worry.

I don't need links to believe people though
haha we are all here to gain knowledge & pass knowledge, the "pics or it didn't happen" crowd can go get stuffed!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benjicleo
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

You could be right, I know what you mean by "look like they're hovering completely still and once they turn appear to move much quicker" and it definitely was not that, 100% certain. This also was moving in a totally different direction to where the planes take off from. For example if all the planes taking off from the airport head north, this was going west (pretty much cutting right through the middle of the Northbound path) BUT the light was facing south if you understand what I mean. So it was facing south but heading west (appeared to be going sideways).

Also doesn't explain it totally vanishing, my friend said it could've been a shooting star? But I've personally never witnessed one so I couldn't tell you wether or not it wasn't, this was moving quite slowly though so I have my doubts about that.

I live relatively near to Heathrow, and see a lot of planes and know exactly what routes they take. I've been on plenty of planes too, & gone through Heathrow. This thing I saw, was awe inspiring, it was no commercial jet I can assure you. It was very bright, moved about bizarrely & had such strong lights, nothing like I've seen in the sky before.

UPDATE:

Tonight I again, in the same location saw 3 white dots flying alongside eachother. I couldn't believe it was there again. However, unfortunately, it had 2 very dim flashing lights on it & no red or green, and it flew straight rather than in circles so this could be some sort of man made craft.

While it wasn't as bizarre as the original sighting, it's worth noting that this too was moving remarkable slow, definitely not a commercial jet once again.

Man, I need to buy me a telescope.
edit on 26-9-2014 by AblyEnergy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join