It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misfire! Apple yanks botched iOS 8.0.1 update - The beginning of the end of Apple dominance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
www.cnet.com...
americasmarkets.usatoday.com... hit-on-bendgate/

Apple on Wednesday quickly pulled a troubled update to iOS 8 following an outcry over problems with the new version.

The iOS 8.0.1 update aimed to fix issues that have plagued Apple's mobile operating system software since it arrived last week. But many users immediately reported problems after downloading the update, including their iPhones no longer connecting to a cellular network, with a message of "no service." iPhone owners also reported issues with Touch ID after downloading the update, with some noting that the feature -- which allows people to unlock their phones using their fingerprints -- was no longer working.

Shares of Apple (AAPL) are under pressure Wednesday as reports with the construction of the latest iPhone and the design of the latest iPhone software comes under evaluation.

Apple stock is down $1.15, or 1.1%, to $101.52 throwing a bit of cold water on the euphoria following the release of the iPhone 6 on Sept. 19.

I recently just entered the world of smartphones, and so far am happy with my Android OS. From my knowledge Apple was the be-all end-all for smartphones and there was a lot of hype about the new iphone 6. Supposedly Apple is the most valuable company in the US. Could this be the beginning of the end for Apple, especially now with Steve Jobs gone? More geniuses at the mall selling these phones than in QC? iphone6 going to be a big flub?

edit - I think they are going to promise a patch for prevent bending on next release 8.0.2! Lol AND if you are near a payphone you could call them. So it's not all bad news.

edit on PMWed, 24 Sep 2014 15:14:42 -0500America/Chicago1411589682K1424149 by AreUKiddingMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think their ideas are colliding with the enormous costs. I live close to this mega project. Kind of even looks like a collider, don't it?

Images

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

or their putting greed and shareholders above the customer base is colliding with reality. IDK enough to really give an in-depth opinion, just surface reading that I've done lately.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

IDK enough to really give an in-depth opinion, just surface reading that I've done lately.

Same here. But I also know how important it is to keep innovating ahead of any competition. Before the new I phone release everyone was asking, what will they do invent an I car or I pants?

Their new new invention was just another upgrade (I phone 6). Oh, and a watch, which isn't new at all. Plus the software appears to have been released with bugs, whoops. Coupled with their gynormus new project they are building in California…

Bad omens… better get a handle on it.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Especially if it's rotten. S + F

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I still have the phone i bought in 1999 and it is smart enough for me , i got a smart phone last Christmas and it must have A.I in it as it had enough brains to get back in it's box after 7 days of me trying to work it .

It knew i was going to convert it to Buddhism and make it one with the wall but i heard it one night crying for battery
just after that so it cannot be that hard .

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Stock is down to 101.53 you say. Thanks for that update a month and a half ago it was at 94 something. I am still happy with where it is at.

The market has its twists and turns I doubt this is of any consequence.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
the iphone 6 plus has twists and turns if you bend it so yeah...at least that's what they say..

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
All I know is, Apple won't be selling me another phone after the issues I've had with my iphone 5. Looks like Android has themselves a new customer.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe
Could this be the beginning of the end for Apple..?

Why? because there are bugs on a software update?

Actually I just downloaded it. It seems fine.

I think the structural problem with iPhone 6 is a big blunder though.. they should switch to titanium.

They also need a better customer feedback system and people on the other side listening and reacting. All companies should have such a system.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
All I know is, Apple won't be selling me another phone after the issues I've had with my iphone 5. Looks like Android has themselves a new customer.

I'm with you!

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

looks like they should have used something other than thin aluminum, for one thing. You can't fix that with an update patch.
They were too quick out the gate on this one, imo. More flash than substance. I mean, really, what's the big difference between iPhone6 and iPhone5? Slightly larger screen? Anything really substantial?

new topics

top topics

join