It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying a mexican flag in the USA is un AMERICAN please show respect :@@:

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Huh ?

Flying a MEXICAN flag in the US is 'un' American.

Hello the flag of the US is the stars and stripes.

If people want to get technical.

Anyhoo what is so great about Mexico ?

The home of drug cartels, and a government, and police more corrupt than ours.

The home of the 'train of death' for 'people yearning for free' stuff.

Where an American Marine is sitting in prison for taking a wrong turn.

'Proudly' waving the Mexican flag here ?

While a person has the 'right'.

I and others reserve the RIGHT to voice our disgust with it.

And if Mexico is so 'great' ?

Then what the snip are there 30-50 million illegals doing here ?

That tells everyone the real deal.
edit on 25-9-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

When it comes to Americans bashing the Mexican government, it's really just the pot calling the kettle black..

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Voyaging

When it comes to Americans bashing the Mexican government, it's really just the pot calling the kettle black..

Why the hell can't we eh ?

What the only country in the world that gets to be bashed is the US ?

I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Who cares.I mean really why would you be angry? There could a parade of people from every country walking down my street waving their flag and I wouldn't care.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Not this crap again.... we had a "Mexican Flag" thread months ago... all the knuckle dragging, moronic, patriotic *bleeps* just get all riled up and it gets silly.

*sigh*

edi t on 25/9/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

But I see from your link that you are worried about whites losing their majority status. Why does that matter? Are you scared of people of color? Or perhaps you believe the white race needs to remain supreme in numbers?

:-)

In a nutshell

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Funny. Don't see anything in the 1st Amendment that prohibits a company from firing a person who makes statements that could reflect badly on the company.

Ask Don Imus if the right to free speech means you can't be fired for what you said.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'm not mexican... nor do I love mexico. My father is German and Norwegian and my mother is Oklahoma Cherokee(registered). Those who are freaking out over this are someone you should not engage in a logical discussion with. It's a flag... it's a flag... it'a a FLAG. What the *#%*... IT'S A %*#^ING FLAG. I love America with all my heart, I love my people... you are all my people. I know the history very well and with google at my fingertips I can always know more. We're all #%*^ING humans. Divide and conquer... my native people know it best. Getting angry and ranting over something like this is insanity. All I see is ignorance... with having a problem with a Mexican flag on someones personal property.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

People tend to proud of their heritage. So parts of their country is crap ATM. They shouldn't be proud Mexicans? You're proud of the US and many think that is laughable.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

You're proud of the US and many think that is laughable.

I don't go waving it around.

Hell.

Wonder what the reaction would be if I went to Mexico and started waving the American flag.

Hell I wonder what the reaction would be if I went to Canada and started waving the American flag.

There is that word they use on here all the time.

Jingoism.

But that only seems to apply only when it's the American flag.

Mexican flags are A-OK!.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Hell I wonder what the reaction would be if I went to Canada and started waving the American flag.

I guess you missed my earlier post stating that my neighbor, a chef from NYC, has 2 in her back yard. No biggie. Then again I don't get bent out of shape over non-issues.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

I think it depends on the message being sent. There's nothing wrong with pride in your heritage, right? If the flag flyer is living here, he/she seems to have made his/her choice regarding the more favorable location. Ideally the flag of another nation would be flown under the US flag. But, not everything can be ideal. And, not every display that varies from what we might show is an insult. Just an opinion.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

People tend to proud of their heritage.

Definitely. Why should Mexicans have to forget where they came from just because they live here?

I'm a real mixed bag - like a lot of Americans. We all cling to our cultural and ethnic family history - and most Americans love their country -

I read an interesting opinion piece yesterday - that I can't find again, unfortunately

The basic gist was about cultural/national identity, and how being an American makes it almost impossible to let go of this myth we've created about our national identity - this belief in American exceptionalism

That term is getting a lot of use lately

When you have people like this woman in the video - actually go on to another persons property to tell them they're offending her and her country - we're in real trouble. She felt the need to make a video no less

I just can't shake this feeling that we Americans are beginning to act like a wounded animal

Over the top nationalism is never a good sign

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Flying a Mexican flag is un-American but it isn't anti-American. Hell, Chinatown in Chicago is un-American. If it wasn't it wouldn't be freakin' Chinatown. Now if someone was waving a German flag around the streets in the USA in 1943, that would've likely been a problem, since you would certainly call that anti-American. War and all, you know.

Soccer? Un-American. Yeah it is, don't even go there with me.

Cricket? It's un-American, but nobody cares.

Not everything in the USA has to be American. There is so much diversity here, I'm not even sure what American ethos really is. I think it's whatever you want it to be. And that's sort of the point of America.

Intent is the thing. If someone wants to be anti-American it isn't particularly difficult to do that unambiguously. Personally, I prefer to take no offense where none is intended.

But that's just me.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Same here. I posted this earlier as well. My ancestry goes back to half of Europe. And Native. What flag am I going to fly? The Maple Leaf obviously. I am a proud Scotian:

That's regional though. This one speaks to me.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Wonder what the reaction would be if I went to Mexico and started waving the American flag.

I don't see how that matters, unless you are saying you'd like the USA to be more intolerant because you think our neighbors are.

Not trying to start a fight, just trying to understand the argument...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm guessing - sports?

:-)

Oh, - intrepid - I'm clueless...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Yeah. NFL football. Now that's something I can get excited over. A flag? Yawn.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
i'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but i believe the lady is saying that she also has an american flag on the other side of her front yard, although the video does not show it. you can see the lady pointing to her american flag and saying in spanish, "on the other side of my yard is an american flag i have an american and a mexican flag"..in my neighborhood i have seen american, polish, greek, italian, irish, mexican and german flags, i don't see anything wrong with it.
edit on 25-9-2014 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut
I've always wondered why if Mexicans are so proud of their flag and country why come to my country I live in California and I can tell you from experience that Mexicans have utterly ruined this great state thanks to the greed of the farmers wanting cheap labor.
Any town where the majority is Mexican is crime ridden, unsafe to live in,and covered in graffiti . Our welfare system is overwhelmed,our education system is overwhelmed and so is our prison system . In a lot of towns the Mexican gangs have more authority than the cops. This lady on YouTube is a true patriot and if all legal citizens and legal residents would have the same attitude our country would be doing much better. Think of all the jobs we could provide to our own citizens and higher wages we could provide if we had no illegals here! I've notice a lot of people posting on this site hate America and think it is funny we are being invaded by illegals.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join