It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying a mexican flag in the USA is un AMERICAN please show respect :@@:

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

a reply to: sheepslayer247

I really think I love you!

That's 'cos you are a half-Collie!

Seriously though, sometimes I think some people have gone to the Moon.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
a reply to: Onslaught2996

If you love Mexico so much then go home. Why stay here? Oh yeah it is better here.. So quit being disrespectful by flying another country's flag. What is wrong with these people. Our kids can't even wear clothing with American Flags on Cinco de Mayo while attending school, it might offend one of the Mexican flag wavers. Just get out, go home and stop this crap. Show the respect we deserve for giving you a great place to live and work.

I've traveled a lot of Asia and couldn't even count the Americans with their flag on their balconies, motorcycles, t-shirts etc...

What's the Difference?

Peace

Did 12 million illegal Americans infiltrate their country, get on their free hand outs, protest for immigration reform (Read Amnesty) have La Raza/La Amercian walk them through the signup process for the handouts. Burden our ER rooms, drive without insurance, drivers licenses, and the list goes on. Did any of those americans do that or were they respectful when hanging their flags? Thats what I think the difference is. And if Americans did the same things then they should go as well, this is a matter of being a good citizen, regardless if your government is screwed up and allows it.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Is this woman an illegal or an American citizen?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Imagine if Iraqis put an American flag next to the White House ?
Imagine if it was the other way around ?
Oh wait !
The Americans did do it .

What's that saying ?

Do as I say , not as I do.
Peace

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

If you love Mexico so much then go home. Why stay here? Oh yeah it is better here.. So quit being disrespectful by flying another country's flag. What is wrong with these people. Our kids can't even wear clothing with American Flags on Cinco de Mayo while attending school, it might offend one of the Mexican flag wavers. Just get out, go home and stop this crap. Show the respect we deserve for giving you a great place to live and work.

I've traveled a lot of Asia and couldn't even count the Americans with their flag on their balconies, motorcycles, t-shirts etc...

What's the Difference?

Peace

Did 12 million illegal Americans infiltrate their country, get on their free hand outs, protest for immigration reform (Read Amnesty) have La Raza/La Amercian walk them through the signup process for the handouts. Burden our ER rooms, drive without insurance, drivers licenses, and the list goes on. Did any of those americans do that or were they respectful when hanging their flags? Thats what I think the difference is. And if Americans did the same things then they should go as well, this is a matter of being a good citizen, regardless if your government is screwed up and allows it.

It's the 1930's all over again

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

Are you saying your 1st amendment right only applies to certain people?

Nothing illegal was done..except for the harassment.

I don't believe I mentioned anything about the constitution its a matter of being disrespectful. No other country does what we do for illegals or legals, to be hanging a Mexican flag in front of your casa. Specially right now with tensions so high over all the kids coming up from South America. Disrespectful and foolish. Do I have the Constitutional Right to yell the "N" word in Detroit? Of course I do, but it would be tremendously disrespectful and beyond foolish, it might even get me killed, but I would be within my constitutional rights when buried for acting stupidly disrespectful.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

What would be the difference be? Being disrespectful is not legal or illegal. As I said in another post in the other post if Americans did the same thing in another country they should go as well. You know when I lived in California for 53 years I went through this everyday. Flags, shirts, signs, being told day after day by the mexicans I need to learn Spanish if I am to continue to live in California. Total disrespect to a country and its people that has done so much for them.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

What would be the difference be?

You're really not up on the Constitution are you? If she's an American citizen her rights are protected by the 1st. The fact that you even asked that question makes me wonder if it's illegals you have a problem with or Latinos. Whether they are Americans or not.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel

What's the Difference?

Peace

Not quite sure what you are making reference to, in regards to the 1930's.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

You're really not up on the Constitution are you? If she's an American citizen her rights are protected by the 1st. The fact that you even asked that question makes me wonder if it's illegals you have a problem with or Latinos. Whether they are Americans or not.

Sadly, I think you're getting to the uncomfortable heart of the matter that some people are not willing to be honest about. With the mention of Whites becoming a minority in the future, one has to ask how much of this outrage is actually about race.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Because you have a constitutional right does not protect you from being disrespectful and or stupid. As I said in my post to onslaught " Do I have the Constitutional Right to yell the "N" word in Detroit? Of course I do, but it would be tremendously disrespectful and beyond foolish, it might even get me killed, but I would be within my constitutional rights when buried for acting stupidly disrespectful."

Considering the fact I live in California for 53 years, and 35 of that being self employed in the service business in Car washes, I have had a boatload of both. My first marriage was to a Latina, my kid was born with the forever tan. lol He is a millennial with a great work ethic and has already made more money and owned more homes than his old man by 30. This isn't about race, this is about being a disrespectful citizen in a country that has broken their backs from bending over making it easy for them to make it in this country.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Yelling an explicative and flying a flag in your own yard are hardly equitable.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel

Not quite sure what you are making reference to, in regards to the 1930's.

Xenophobia and oppression of ethnic minorities and races has historical precedence in America, particularly of Mexicans ... expecially in the 1930's, in fact the Mexican term for Cannabis, marijuana, was used because of American's fears of Mexicans to help give the plant a bad image.

After the Mexican Revolution of 1910, Mexican immigrants flooded into the U.S., introducing to American culture the recreational use of marijuana. The drug became associated with the immigrants, and the fear and prejudice about the Spanish-speaking newcomers became associated with marijuana. Anti-drug campaigners warned against the encroaching "Marijuana Menace," and terrible crimes were attributed to marijuana and the Mexicans who used it.

Here is some history on the 1930's:
The Forgotten Repatriation of Persons of Mexican Ancestry and Lessons for the War on Terror

I refer to the "forgotten 'repatriation"' because many Americans have not heard of the forced removal of approximately one million persons-U.S. citizens as well as noncitizens--of Mexican ancestry from the United States during the Great Depression.2 This is true despite the fact that the number of repatriates dwarfed by about ten-fold the number of persons of Japanese ancestry who were interned by the United States government during World War II.3 Unfortunately, the lack of awareness of the repatriation is consistent with the general invisibility of Latina/o civil rights deprivations throughout much of U.S. history.4

The United States should acknowledge the repatriation campaign of the 1930s and its long and enduring impact on Mexican-Americans in this country.5 In a time of severe national economic crisis, the deportation campaign sought to save jobs for true "Americans" and reduce the welfare rolls by encouraging Mexicans to "voluntarily" leave the country. An economic threat had placed the nation's future in jeopardy, caused severe economic distress for many U.S. citizens, and effectively compelled the government to act. A discrete and insular minority, the most available and vulnerable target, suffered from the government's policy choice.
The Mexican repatriation during the Great Depression, although standard fare in introductory Chicanalo Studies courses, is entirely absent from the national consciousness. Nor has it been analyzed in much detail in legal discourse. It is at most a footnote in most immigration histories and, for the most part, is ignored in immigration law scholarship. The repatriation, however, deserves sustained attention because of the impact it has had on Mexican-American civil rights in the United States, as well as its general lessons about the rights of minorities in times of national crisis.

Although "repatriation" is the term often used to refer to the campaign to remove hundreds of thousands of persons of Mexican ancestry from the United States in the 1930s, it is not entirely accurate. Federal, state, and local governments worked together to involuntarily remove many U.S. citizens of Mexican ancestry, many of whom were born in the United States. These citizens cannot be said to have been "repatriated" to their native land.

Approximately 60 percent of the persons of Mexican ancestry removed to Mexico in the 1930s were U.S. citizens, many of them children who were effectively deported to Mexico when their immigrant parents were sent there.9 My colleague, Professor Cruz Reynoso, former Associate Justice of the California Supreme Court, was one of the so- called repatriates. A U.S. citizen by birth, a young Cruz could only ask his father "where is Mexico?" when informed that the Reynoso family was moving from southern California to south of the U.S./Mexico border.

The forced "repatriation" of an estimated one million persons of Mexican ancestry from the United States included the removal of hundreds of thousands of people from California, Michigan, Colorado, Texas, Illinois, Ohio, and New York during the Great Depression. It is clear today that the conduct of federal, state, and local officials in the campaign violated the legal rights of the persons repatriated, as well as persons of Mexican ancestry stopped, interrogated, and detained but not10removed from the country. The repatriation campaign also terrorized and traumatized the greater Mexican-American community."11

edit on 9/24/2014 by AllSourceIntel because: added information

edit on 9/24/2014 by AllSourceIntel because: added information

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I dont care if she flies her former country's flag here, thats okay by me, just dont fly it higher then the American Flag when both are displayed

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Yelling an explicative and flying a flag in your own yard are hardly equitable.

Never said they were, but both are protected by the constitution. Some would say they have the same weight depending on what your flag says, just ask any black man about a confederate flag, what a flap there has been over that.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

just ask any black man about a confederate flag, what a flap there has been over that.

Because all black men have the exact same opinion.

www.theblaze.com...

edit on 24-9-2014 by Elton because: I love you...

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
I dont care if she flies her former country's flag here, thats okay by me, just dont fly it higher then the American Flag when both are displayed

I wouldn't even know what flag to fly from the "old country(s)". UK, France, Germany, Native AND Newf.

ETA: Oh yes I can.
edit on 24-9-2014 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Damn Canadians

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Seems interesting they would want to repatriate for something that was grown on Jefferson's farm. Some claim he smoked it but there are no records of this. But this was a valuable commodity at that time for everything from paper to rope. Talk about forgetting your history. It must have really been about something else that was just a bad excuse.

I can tell you that with the Japanese my ex father in law was raised in a Japanese suburb of South Central Los Angeles. He says at that time when their kids reached 16 they were flown back to Japan and had to pledge allegiance to the rising sun. I have to tell you he had not one mean bone in his body, my kid is named after him by my request. Just a great person, born in mexico, brought here as a child and swears it was the right thing to do. I wasn't around then but I trust him for the truth. To bad his daughter didn't learn the value of honesty.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedParrotHead
"American" = "U.S. citizen" ... the U.S. flag represents one thing.

"Mexican" = "Mexican citizen" or "of Mexican decent" ... the Mexican flag can represent two separate things.

Is this a such difficult concept?

Apparently not as difficult as spelling. It's descent.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join