It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying a mexican flag in the USA is un AMERICAN please show respect :@@:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Like it or not, this lady is the typical American that is projected overseas. Ignorant and xenophobic to the very core. Blinded by nationalism and likely poorly educated. This is the USA.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That's nothing. Try flying a Steelers flag in Cleveland.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.
... or a 49ers flag in Oakland.

Now, more on topic. I have no problem with someone expressing pride in their heritage by flying another country's flag in the USA, so long as they acknowledge that other flag representing were they currently live, and which stands and gives them the privilege and freedom to do so.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: finitedualities
This is the USA.

That's one person in the US.

Saying "This is the US" shows the same type of ignorance as the woman in the video.

Wow...

edit on 24-9-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Gee I guess this woman would be offended if she went by any person who was say Buddhist or a Buddhist temple, as they tend to fly prayer flags all over the place, and not an American flag at all around.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: finitedualities
Like it or not, this lady is the typical American that is projected overseas

That's really sad, but I believe you. The big mouths talking out their asses get the most attention, sadly. Trust me, most of America would have NO PROBLEM with someone flying the flag of another country. We're not really as ignorant and stupid as the woman in the video. She clearly does NOT believe in freedom for all. Just those who agree with her narrow-minded view.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I stood behind that Lady before She made this video and thought I'd also add a few things that aren't shown...

#1) Outside of the camera is a TacoCharlies™ and this Lady, Ms. Spielberg, thought the 'Triple Taco Special' were left-overs from their ever popular 'Taco Tuesday' special, that is when they use both the red and green sauce.

#2) When She complained to the Shift Supervisor Blaine, He explained that there is a new employee getting trained on the line, but not the 'mainline' which Neil Young sang about. That employee is 'Hector' and He is from Guatemala. The employee training Hector was 'Nino' and He hails from El Salvador.

#3) When 'Ariel', originally from Bolivia, gave Her an extra chimichanga and said "Does this make it better'? This Lady got pissed..

I mean nobody from the restaurant is even Mexican and it is actually owned locally by some Sikhs but the big owner is a corporation located in China but pays their taxes in the Cayman Islands..

Remember the Alamo? The movie? The one w/John Wayne and Dick Widmark? or the one with Dennis Quaid? They ALL sucked...

And it was the Mexicans who stole it from the Native Americans...

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

If this had been an American that lady might have been shot.

It's sad how true this statement is, and the laws we have in this nation would allow it.

This lady is crazy, she needs to get over herself if she feel the need to pull over and then record her interaction with this household like she is doing some sort of patriotic action.
And of course we already have some one in this thread implying the lady needs to 'go home' as to imply she is illegal, cause we can know that from this video of course.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

This is what happens after years of ultra-patriotic propaganda is bashed on to a group of people.

And that is complete horse#.

No, America has had tolerance and political correctness shoved down it's throat. We were led to believe that we were the luckiest people in the world and that for us to deny that same 'luck' to others less fortunate would be the ultimate sin.

So we rolled over and smiled while the "masses" washed over us, killing any sort of "California Dreamin'" in less than 20 years.

And what happened when all of those less fortunate got to the party? They kicked us out like we were the caterers. I watched in horror as every hispanic and half-haispanic and kinda-hispanic friend I had ran off to practice their Spanish.

Yeah, that lady is a nut, and I am embarrassed for her behaviour.

But don't pretend that flag in that lady's yard* is anything other than what it is: a misplaced sign of patriotism and nationalism.

You have no #ing idea what California is like unless you live here.

* No, really, who drives through Ontario regularly like I do? Who drives through Ontario and does not see the "semiotics warfare" that goes down all day long in the form of flags and stickers and signs on lawns, cars and businesses?

Who?
edit on 24-9-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
At the 0:40 mark the lady in the house tells the lady with the camera they also have an American flag, she says "una mas de aquel lado, una American y una Mexicana" translates to "one more on that side, one American and one Mexican" in other words, it seems they are flying BOTH flags at that residence, not just the Mexican.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Majestic Lumen
... in other words, it seems they are flying BOTH flags at that residence, not just the Mexican.

But that wouldn't make a very good video that would "outrage" all the "nationalists"... LOL

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I stand by what I said.

You are highlighting the political correctness that seems to emanate from the left, but you are forgetting the political correctness that comes from the other side of the aisle that will blast and demonize people because of their faith, flags, languages, and sexual lifestyles among many things.

It's politically incorrect if you don't believe in god/Jesus, speak english, support 2nd amendment rights, denounce homosexuality, don't get choked-up over the American flag or support big business.

It's that same sort of hatred, political correctness and ignorance that allowed Hitler to create the fervor and obedience among his faithful in Nazi Germany. He demonized various aspects of life and groups of people and if you were part of that group or agreed with their beliefs, you were not a "real German".

Look at comments in this thread. There are comments that fall in to that ultra-patriotic brainwashed mentality. If you don't agree with their beliefs, they tell you to go home to Mexico if you love it so much and question your patriotism.

That's indoctrination by repeated exposure to propaganda.
edit on 9/24/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
* No, really, who drives through Ontario regularly like I do? Who drives through Ontario and does not see the "semiotics warfare" that goes down all day long in the form of flags and stickers and signs on lawns, cars and businesses?

Who?

Who cares? Why do stickers, flags and signs bother you? It's free speech. It's a sign of people expressing themselves. Something wrong with that?

a reply to: sheepslayer247

I really think I love you!
edit on 9/24/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I lived in riverside county for a good chunk of my life, I was further south of ontario tho. Talking hemet, san jacinto moreno valley, perris and I have seen just as many american flags as mexican flags.
There is no type of warfare going on, unless you want to look for, then of course you will find it.
I did door to door sales in all those ares, so I did more then just drive through, I talked to the people on a daily basis 6 days a week.

edit on thWed, 24 Sep 2014 16:44:07 -0500America/Chicago920140780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thWed, 24 Sep 2014 17:00:53 -0500America/Chicago920145380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Seriously? Who cares? How many itallians and irish people fly their flags? I've seen albanians and all sorts of people flying other countries' flags. We are flag obsessed. No one since Rome has had as many banners waving as we do. Personally, I enjoy seeing the mexican flag. It lets me know I can get Tecate and Juaritos at normal prices instead of paying "import" prices for those products.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Living in New Mexico, I see the Mexican flag, too. And actual Mexicans! And the grocery store aisles have signs in SPANISH! And there are Mexican restaurants! And brown people!

OMG! I'm so pissed! /sarcasm

I just REALLY don't understand that mindset! LOL!

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Given the current mess with illegals and amnesty, I can see how some people would take offense to it.

Me personally, it's a flag. If it makes you feel proud to fly a flag of a country just as corrupt and messed up as anywhere else, do it, it's your choice.

But don't get upset if someone flies their own.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Thank you! *applauds*

Finally a voice of reason.

People originally immigrated to American to escape oppression. Waving a flag of your oppressive country, shows an utter lack of any kind of understanding or care about what you escaped. If I moved to Japan, I wouldn't be flying an American flag. If I moved to Japan, I would move there because I embrace the culture and ideology. I would also learn Japanese.

In California, you can't walk 10 feet without hearing Spanish. Even our stores now have have Spanish sub-text. In my opinion, anyone who comes here for a meal ticket, is an abomination to this nation and needs to be cut off like a cancer. I have no respect for those who don't care about the nation they live in.

Next time you see someone raising their national flag, ask yourself what the definition of patriotism is again:

devoted love, support, and defense of one's country; national loyalty.

Those who are not loyal to this country, should be cut off.
edit on 24-9-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well,

I'm sure it's just me then.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I really think I love you!

Why, thank you very much! I'm just here to protect and serve.

a reply to: Aedaeum

Those who are not loyal to this country, should be cut off

See! Question your patriotism, they do.

In California, you can't walk 10 feet without hearing Spanish. Even our stores now have have Spanish sub-text. In my opinion, anyone who comes here for a meal ticket, is an abomination to this nation and needs to be cut off like a cancer.

So if someone come to this country and happens to speak their native language, they are only looking for a meal ticket and must be cut off?

You statement seems to be lacking logic.
edit on 9/24/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

What's the Difference?
Peace

The difference is that America, once a very proud nation, has become a nation of bitter people who blame everything and everyone for everything. Blaming foreigners/immigrants etc. for your misfortunes, bad economy, less money in the wallet etc..is the oldest trick in the book. It is always easier to blame Jose than actually seeing the bigger picture, it also makes you "feel good" since you can project your anger toward a certain populace, race etc. because it gives you the illusion you found the one(s) responsible for all those bad things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join