It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying a mexican flag in the USA is un AMERICAN please show respect :@@:

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
So she got fired for using her first amendment rights? Yeah that sounds about right.

Not only do you have the right to free-speech, you have the responsibility to deal with the consequences when you use it do to something stupid.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
"American" = "U.S. citizen" ... the U.S. flag represents one thing.

"Mexican" = "Mexican citizen" or "of Mexican decent" ... the Mexican flag can represent two separate things.

Is this a such difficult concept?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

OH well!

At least we can now understand how our children feel when they go to school with and American flag on their T-shirts and are told it is offensive...........

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Apparently she's also running for City Council...

Latino Rebels

She is running for Fontana City Council and this summer, Capps organized a protest in front of a Catholic church housing migrants families. LR ran a video of some protesters at that church in California, but it doesn’t appear that someone who looked liked Capps was in that particular video.

The Sun News

If you are ready to elect a true representative of the people, then please read on.

Fontana has been my home for ten years. My two sons were born at Kaiser Fontana.

I am an attending member of Sunrise Church. I am a business owner. This requires a tremendous amount of self-discipline. This quality along with personal integrity is what I have to offer the citizens of Fontana. I have already begun to meet current council members and learn all I can in preparation for the position, should I be elected.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

OH well!

At least we can now understand how our children feel when they go to school with and American flag on their T-shirts and are told it is offensive...........

You posted faster than me! Thats what I was going to say.

edit on 24-9-2014 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
People continue to amaze and shock me with their ignorance and intolerance.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
You can't fix stupid and this woman confronting her neighbor is stupid

edit on 24-9-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

And looking for the anti-immigration vote. Makes a bit more sense now.

Thanks for the info!

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

If you love Mexico so much then go home. Why stay here? Oh yeah it is better here.. So quit being disrespectful by flying another country's flag. What is wrong with these people. Our kids can't even wear clothing with American Flags on Cinco de Mayo while attending school, it might offend one of the Mexican flag wavers. Just get out, go home and stop this crap. Show the respect we deserve for giving you a great place to live and work.

Mexican Kids and Adults believe the Southwest US still belongs to Mexico.

They claim we stole the land from them. I recently had an elderly Mexican man tell me

"We are going to be beat you F*+%kers this time and never fire a shot".

Have to give it to the old guy....That's exactly what's happening.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I will translate what the mexican lady was telling her in spanish.

Hi, yes that is a Mexican flag.

The American corporation down the road that is trying to get me to work for them for 14 hours a day at 2 dollars an hour is not only showing us how to get free healthcare in the ER , but now they are giving us free flags of our home country to ensure we keep coming.

Gracias. you easily distracted moron of a person. Have a nice day.

Or something like that.

edit on 31930America/ChicagoWed, 24 Sep 2014 15:31:21 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It's all a bit confusing, first it's, "This is the United States of America" then just "America" then a caption at the end about Ontario. Maybe this offended lady should join the IS women's institute....come to think of it, there should be a lot of institutions only too glad to receive her.

edit on 24-9-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

If you love Mexico so much then go home. Why stay here? Oh yeah it is better here.. So quit being disrespectful by flying another country's flag. What is wrong with these people. Our kids can't even wear clothing with American Flags on Cinco de Mayo while attending school, it might offend one of the Mexican flag wavers. Just get out, go home and stop this crap. Show the respect we deserve for giving you a great place to live and work.

Mexican Kids and Adults believe the Southwest US still belongs to Mexico.

They claim we stole the land from them. I recently had an elderly Mexican man tell me

"We are going to be beat you F*+%kers this time and never fire a shot".

Have to give it to the old guy....That's exactly what's happening.

Thats like kicking out a bad renter, the damn place aint worth getting back.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The U.S. has always been a melting pot of many nationalities! To tell someone they don't have a right to be proud of their heritage is un-American! This country was built on the backs of many immigrants. Many of us have had grandparents, great grandparents and great great grandparents who came to this country with just a shirt on their backs. Along with their hard work, they infused our country with great food, beverages, traditions, dance, and clothing styles that many Americans enjoy everyday!

This lady made a complete a$$ of herself. She offends me.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Can you imagine having this brainfart as a Neighbour.....In fact, imagine going home to that every night after a hard shift.......eeeeeeehhhhhwhwww

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

"Your tri-colored fabric on a pole is not the tri-colored fabric on a pole that I like... Please remove it because it offends my stupidity sensitivity."

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Is trespassing in the Constitution?

No, it is not in the Constitution
edit on 9/24/2014 by AllSourceIntel because: formatting

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

That was rhetorical.

I can look in my neighbor's back yard and see 2 American flags. Might be more out front. What's the biggie?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

That was rhetorical.

I was hoping so, sorry for the confustion.

I can look in my neighbor's back yard and see 2 American flags. Might be more out front. What's the biggie?

None, absolutely none. That woman can fly that flag if she wants. I don't know if the lady who took offence was more offended with the flag flying or perhaps she knows Americans are being told and forced to take down (or not wear/display) the American flag in some places, which is wrong, but personal vendettas have no place.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Can you imagine having this brainfart as a Neighbour.....In fact, imagine going home to that every night after a hard shift.......eeeeeeehhhhhwhwww

What happens if a guy next door has a F1 Ferrari parked up? They carry the Italian navy flag or something like that, another one of your hilarious Sphincter moments D'yo reckon?

edit on 24-9-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That's nothing. Try flying a Steelers flag in Cleveland.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join