It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying a mexican flag in the USA is un AMERICAN please show respect :@@:

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Yeah... how unamerican right?

While we're at it lets get all native americans to bring their flags down too right?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
i assume that everyone forgets the people that fought in the Alamo were Mexican citizens. Yep that’s right Americans left the United States moved to Mexico, became citizens, and then decided to start a new government. You might hate the thought of it but Texas was founded with Mexican culture ingrained in it. Would it hurt your fantasy to know "brown people" died inside the Alamo while shooting out at other "brown people"??

This going back and forth is ridiculous. you throw out the 1st amendment like it is a get out of jail free card. All it actually says is that there can be no law created to tell you what you can or can't talk about, write down, pray to, etc.

get angry over flags real smart. Im of the opinion you shouldn't be able to fly an american flag without a permit or military service so that you respect the flag for what it is. Do you know how many American flags i see outside of peoples houses or businesses that are torn and tattered to the point they need to be retired? and no that is not thrown away, that means taken down cut up and burned in the proper manner. wait what? burn the flag? maybe if you watched or participated in that particular ceremony you would understand a fraction of what our "rag on a pole" means. I fly an American Flag, a Texas Flag, a Scottish Flag, and a Gonzales Flag. MOLON LABE!!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
a reply to: Onslaught2996

If you love Mexico so much then go home. Why stay here? Oh yeah it is better here.. So quit being disrespectful by flying another country's flag. What is wrong with these people. Our kids can't even wear clothing with American Flags on Cinco de Mayo while attending school, it might offend one of the Mexican flag wavers. Just get out, go home and stop this crap. Show the respect we deserve for giving you a great place to live and work.

Are you being sarcastic? Cause that's the vibe getting. Maybe a few of you failed to realize that the lady was pointing at ALSO flying an United States flag in the distance. Disrespectful would be flying a foreign flag , higher than a flag of the country you are in.

My 2 cents, keep the change.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'm neither American or Mexican but I cannot STAND personal flag flying- I find it utterly pathetic, pointless and passive aggressive. What does it actually achieve? A show of patriotism? SO? Unless you are proud of EVERY action your country has done in the last decade or so I see nothing but blind faith and pageantry in that show of patriotism.

It seems to be Salem mentality of unless you join in you're obviously a witch/ communist. This type of peer pressure devolves any possible debate on modern, economic imperialism (in terms of US) and turns anything immediately divisive.

It is the object version of those who chant "U.S.A! U.S.A!"- apologies if you're one of them but from the outside it appears like you're part of a sect. The whole American Exceptional-ism reasoning is just putrid.

When you go to countries that aren't even recognised states that people have tried to utterly delete it shows the fruitlessness and complete madness of it.

And I completely include my own nation (England/ UK) in that as well. We don't have an empire- we were despotic and there is no pride in territorial imperialism siphoning all natural resources from the aboriginal peoples.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I totally agree! As long as they are respectful of our country, and they make an effort to learn English and become part of our "melting pot society", they can fly whatever other country's flag they want! I've seen African flag decals on cars, European flags on clothes, faces painted with the team colors of a foreign soccer team. Bless 'em all! Culture doesn't stop at a border, and people who can cherish the best parts of America and their foreign country are the happiest and most well adjusted. And God Knows this country needs more of those any day!

If some cranky type wants to take issue with "personal advertising," why not think about all the tattoos on gangs, criminals and murderers. Many of those ARE truly offensive.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I feel that in America you should be able to fly any kind of flag you want no matter how stupid you are, but I get very annoyed at how often I hear about someone that is forced to remove their frickin American flag right here in America, because someone thinks it might be offensive, and also how many times have school systems banned clothing that displays the American flag for the same reason? That needs to stop right now.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mrnotobc

Most of the recent cases of flags being taken down have been to contracts they sign that said they will not fly any flag period.
If people want to fly their flags, then don't sign contracts that say you can't.

And I keep hearing about this kids not being able to wear flag clothing to school, haven't heard of this my self tho.
I imagine it is the same case tho, the school not allowing any flag clothing and then people thinking they are above the rules since it is an american flag.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Most of the recent cases of flags being taken down have been to contracts they sign that said they will not fly any flag period.
If people want to fly their flags, then don't sign contracts that say you can't.

And I keep hearing about this kids not being able to wear flag clothing to school, haven't heard of this my self tho.
I imagine it is the same case tho, the school not allowing any flag clothing and then people thinking they are above the rules since it is an american flag.

I haven't heard of many cases like you describe, but maybe some. The most frequent reason stated is simply because someone complained that it was offensive to them, same as in the op here. In that case I would just tell the person complaining, sorry, life's a biache, maybe you should move somewhere else, or learn to live with it.

In the case of schools, I could understand if the school requires a uniform, and the uniform doesn't include the flag emblem, but again that hasn't been the case. It was because someone might be offended. In absence of a uniform, why would it ever be appropriate to ban an American flag from a school?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: metodex
a reply to: Capitalsource

This is why people calls you people communists.

So? Let them call us communists.

I'll call them fascists.

Can they honestly tell me which one is screwing up this country right now?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Also in the same frame, why are fire departments demanding firemen remover the American flags for their fire engines, lockers, and uniforms? What possible convoluted reasoning can you think of to justify this?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Me personally, as a gringo, am not bothered one bit by the Mexican flag. My wife is latina, identifies as "Mexican" as a "race" but not a nation, and has no real use for the Mexican flag. But i know lots of good folks from and in Mexico, and have faith in them as a people.

This nationalism that my countrymen seem to love so much has been proven to be a bum steer. Nationalism begets various forms of xenophobia, to the point that you end up eating yourself from the inside out.

ETA: i should add....she identifies as "Mexican" because of the destruction of her culture by various European cultures. Had there not been an interdiction, she would call herself "Apache" or "Comanche", depending on the side of the family she were referring to. For as far back as recorded in her families, they were from the Texas/Oklahoma panhandle area.
edit on 9/26/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
OMFG! You people want to work off of technicalities then the entire United States belongs to Indians and all the other races need to go back home! Get all the white, black, brown, green, yellow, pink, people out of America right now! Does that make any sense? Exactly, it doesn't. You know why? Not cause it was invaded, not cause it belongs to some other race it cause this is now, this is the world we live in TODAY! The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave! This place we live in was shaped into a democracy! That flag is on AMERICAN soil! Sure they have rights (probably not cause they are probably illegals) but you should know to have a bit of a mutual respect for the U.S.. American soldiers have died for this country, not Mexican soldiers, not Chinese, not Russian, AMERICAN SOLDIERS! You can't handle it? Well, there is the front door and don't let it hit you on the way out. There are penalty of other ways to represent you country and be proud. What you're so proud of I don't know cause if you're living in America, your country must of not have been that great. Wear a shirt, wear a hat, hang in your garage/rooms, post on your facebook/twitter/myspace account, tattoo it to your ass. I don't care! But... don't place your damn flags other then a AMERICAN flag on AMERICAN soil!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: C1oak

American soldiers have died for this country, not Mexican soldiers

The best NCO I ever served with as a US soldier was Mexican may he RIP. Please rethink your position.

On Dec. 18, 2011, the United States pulled its troops out of Iraq, ending an eight-year war in which immigrant soldiers made remarkable contributions to the American cause.

During the peak of the war, more than 30,000 non-citizens were serving in the U.S. military, accounting for close to 2% of the total 1.4 million active duty service members.

By the end of the Iraq war, the government had given more than 120 immigrant military members posthumous citizenship after they lost their lives during combat in Afghanistan and Iraq.immigration.about.com...

edit on 26-9-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

(post by C1oak removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Meanwhile in Mexico the Cyrus girl is doing this with the Mexican flag...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I could babble off a fairly long list of latino's who died for us. I couldn't agree with your position any more.

For a list of latin men who are far more gallo than any of us, click here

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: anicetus
I'm not mexican... nor do I love mexico. My father is German and Norwegian and my mother is Oklahoma Cherokee(registered). Those who are freaking out over this are someone you should not engage in a logical discussion with. It's a flag... it's a flag... it'a a FLAG. What the *#%*... IT'S A %*#^ING FLAG. I love America with all my heart, I love my people... you are all my people. I know the history very well and with google at my fingertips I can always know more. We're all #%*^ING humans. Divide and conquer... my native people know it best. Getting angry and ranting over something like this is insanity. All I see is ignorance... with having a problem with a Mexican flag on someones personal property.

Quoting myself, because I don't think enough anti-foreign flag people read it. People like the lady is this video are what's wrong with this country. Until you're all gone(dead) or use logic with your thoughts, we'll forever be a prejudice and segregated country. But sadly, it will take centuries and centuries of natural cleansing for you people to go away. As half native man, who's ancestors were brutally murdered and had their land taken from them by our European ancestors, I find you all a disgrace to America.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Can you back up that people were told to remove flags for the sole purpose of some one just being offended?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Nope, the lady is correct. It's called Flag etiquette. I put the Stars and Stripes up just having moved in a villa.
I was told to put it down within 30 seconds. He was a nice neighbour.
St. Patrick's day is a different manor. Most people outside and even within the military, don't understand flag etiquette and it's importance throughout history.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Can you back up that people were told to remove flags for the sole purpose of some one just being offended?

This is the one that personally ticks me the most. Source

Number two on my list. Source

There are many many more. Depending on the day these two are interchangeable in regards to one and two. Everyday in this country there is a concerted effort to misrepresent our country and it's history, the sacrifices made by the men and women of the US military for the right to wave our flag and be proud. In that heroic effort it also guarantees the right to fly another country's flag under the first amendment, and that same first amendment guarantees my right to say F- YOU I don't like it. Yeah it might get me a knuckle sandwich, I am not ashamed at being proud of America and the good things this country has done while looking myself in the mirror in the morning.

Lieutenant Blair of the 26th North Carolina:

“no man can take those colors and live.”

This kind of respect for a flag should still be around today but it isn't. I would suggest anyone make the trip to Gettysburg and see if it doesn't move you to the sacrifices of American lives then and now. Maybe then you would feel the same way about the American Flag as I do.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join