It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying a mexican flag in the USA is un AMERICAN please show respect :@@:

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Gawd people like this..are complete idiots. Is it also unamerican to deny someone's first amendment right.

So this woman is proud of where she came from..why does that make her bad? She loves her country, being in america doesn't stop that.
edit on 24-9-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
What a complete and utter moron.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
But that flag offends me,,

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
What about the US flags that the military are currently flying in all of their bases around the world?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

“There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.”

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

I'm a foreigner living in Germany but that doesn't stop me from raising a big 'ol Dutch flag whenever it suits me. Never had any complaints about it either.

I guess it's a USA/Mexico thing.

Peace

Peace

edit on 24-9-2014 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
So no more Ireland flags on St. Patricks day either ... right? Bars all over the country are un-American for celebrating St. Patricks day I suppose. Silly silly people.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I have this story as a segment for Thursday's NLBS episode. You'll be happy to know she was canned from her job for making this video.

Article

*note the website is currently being bombarded with traffic so it may or may not load.

+23 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

If you love Mexico so much then go home. Why stay here? Oh yeah it is better here.. So quit being disrespectful by flying another country's flag. What is wrong with these people. Our kids can't even wear clothing with American Flags on Cinco de Mayo while attending school, it might offend one of the Mexican flag wavers. Just get out, go home and stop this crap. Show the respect we deserve for giving you a great place to live and work.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This is what happens after years of ultra-patriotic propaganda is bashed on to a group of people.

It can create not only an ignorant populace, but also a violent one towards those they deem to be different or unpatriotic.

Want a good example......look at the Nazis.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Happy to know? No, not really.

Lose a job for that? Yes, it's stupid. Yes, moronic. All that, and probably more. But to lose a job over it?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Another rotten person trying to prove something on youtube...

I notice the video comments are disabled, I suspect she did not get the unanimous support she was hoping for when she decided to bother a stranger about a flag.

She should come to Denver on May 5th and see all the flags and celebrating, she'd have a heart attack....

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: theNLBS

Happy to know? No, not really.

Lose a job for that? Yes, it's stupid. Yes, moronic. All that, and probably more. But to lose a job over it?

Would you want an idiot that is not only ignorant but willful enough to pull over and harass someone as your employee?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
And she thought she was being clever.

What a #.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Don't go to a Six Flags amusement park in Texas.
You definitely won't have fun.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

If you love Mexico so much then go home. Why stay here? Oh yeah it is better here.. So quit being disrespectful by flying another country's flag. What is wrong with these people. Our kids can't even wear clothing with American Flags on Cinco de Mayo while attending school, it might offend one of the Mexican flag wavers. Just get out, go home and stop this crap. Show the respect we deserve for giving you a great place to live and work.

I've traveled a lot of Asia and couldn't even count the Americans with their flag on their balconies, motorcycles, t-shirts etc...

What's the Difference?

Peace

edit on 24-9-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
So she got fired for using her first amendment rights? Yeah that sounds about right.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Are you saying your 1st amendment right only applies to certain people?

Nothing illegal was done..except for the harassment.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
So she got fired for using her first amendment rights? Yeah that sounds about right.

Is trespassing in the Constitution?

ETA: If this had been an American that lady might have been shot.
edit on 24-9-2014 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

That is also pretty stupid. Maybe it wasn't the 1st amendment right she was fired for..maybe the harassment?

If she was fired for what she said...idiotic. I am sure 1st amendment covers idiots too.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Is it that big a deal, really?

Yes, it's rude. Stupid. All of that.

Would I as an employer fire her? Maybe, in fact I probably would, especially if it begins to effect my bottom line. I'm greedy like that... Doesn't mean I have to like it. ...and I don't, and wouldn't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join