It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Indictment in Ohio Wal-Mart Shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The verdict's in. An Ohio grand jury has decided that the officer was justified in the Wal-Mart shooting.

Grand Jury - Officer justified in shooting

Special Prosecutor Mark Piepmeier said the Greene County grand jury in Xenia opted not to issue any indictments in the Aug. 5 death of 22-year-old John Crawford III.

Hopefully some justice will come through at the Federal level now.

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine said in a separate statement that it is an appropriate time for the U.S. Department of Justice to look into whether any federal laws were violated during this shooting.

The city of Beavercreek said a statement that it is asking the FBI to conduct a review to determine if there were any civil rights violations.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I would really like them to release the surveillance videos.

Thanks for the update.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: halfpint0701

So no warning they just execute an unarmed man and our dumbed down indoctrinated fellow Americans let the cops go without punishment? Is this the twilight zone?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: halfpint0701

"Open carry" and "stand your ground" are laws by and for "white" people.

I know... I'm so crazy. I spoke out of line and played the "race card".

WASP authoritarians really hate it when that happens. The first rule of authoritarianism is don't discuss it in mixed company. The second rule is never admit it. The third is, carry on.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

So would I. I think until they do we are all basically talking out of our behinds.

I can see it being blatantly wrong to shoot and also making a lot of sense. It really could go either way.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneGunMan

So no warning they just execute an unarmed man and our dumbed down indoctrinated fellow Americans let the cops go without punishment? Is this the twilight zone?

How are you certain there was no warning?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

From the article:

A spokeswoman for Piepmeier said at least part of the footage will be released publicly.

So....only the parts of the video that back up the cop's side?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. There was a post going on a week or so ago about how the 'Marine' said he lied about everything.

How is shooting the guy justified after hearing that?

Also, yes, surveillance videos would be nice now. Lol.
edit on 24-9-2014 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
That's how it goes. I guarantee you lawyers made VERY SURE that each and every member of that grand jury were of the "the police are our masters, saviors, and protectors" variety. What utter BS.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic
This is ridiculous. There was a post going on a week or so ago about how the 'Marine' said he lied about everything.

How is shooting the guy justified after hearing that?

Also, yes, surveillance videos would be nice now. Lol.

It doesn't matter if that idiot lied. If the call had been about a pack of zombies ravaging the customers and the cops showed up and saw a guy with what appeared to be a real gun the same thing would have happened. A citizen calling 911 doesn't give the police orders or dictate department policy.

The real issue is whether or not the cops just indiscriminately opened fire or gave the guy warnings. We don't know what happened because no one has seen the video.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
In the aftermath of this, hopefully Wall-Mart will make a change in the way those particular products are displayed.
There is no excuse for having a realistic looking gun available to be grabbed and wielded like that.
I feel bad for all parties involved. Most times I want to see the cops fry for stuff like this, but after the call he received,
the cop was walking into a sticky situation.
I just wish he had better training, or at least remembered his training better.
In the video, he never points the gun at the cop.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Here is the video. No indictment is some bull#.

top topics

join