It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raptor gets it's baptism of fire in Syria?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: aholic
a reply to: boomer135

?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Here's some more raptor pics from the ISIS raids shown over at theaviationist.com. its a kc-10 refueling it but we won't hold him liable...

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Wow great pictures!!

Out of interest, where in the world has white/blue street lighting?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: jeenyus2008

Now, I'm a truck driver. I live and breathe this stuff, and grew up around it.

But you've been in the Air Force?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

wow those are awesome. Can you post a link to that thread?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

I was a civilian ramp rat on several bases, trained up to near crew chief levels by my father. The Air Force wouldn't take me, due to lousy timing.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: aholic

Careful with that one. They may get cranky about that. I haven't seen that one in awhile.

---

That was just the 1995 NASA's report on Agility Requirements for Future Fighter Designs (NOT classified)

The Earlier 1991 USAF report for Future Concept Agile Aircraft Designs IS the FANCY classified version.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: gfad

That's probably either Kuwait city or baghdad judging by where the fighter corridor used to be for ingress and egress into iraq. All that oil money put to use.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: quatro

wow those are awesome. Can you post a link to that thread?

theaviationist.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
On another note here's a B-1 doing a/r with a tanker with someone wearing night vision goggles. This must have been pure photo op because booms don't wear night vision except for one thing and it's not to refuel a bone at night. Lol.
theaviationist.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: boomer135
On another note here's a B-1 doing a/r with a tanker with someone wearing night vision goggles. This must have been pure photo op because booms don't wear night vision except for one thing and it's not to refuel a bone at night. Lol.
theaviationist.com...

You can see the boom's reflection at one point, and he is not wearing NVG's. So someone filmed through NVG's just to provide effect, I would guess.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: StargateSG7

There are [a few] similarities however. Thought it was appropriate considering the platform in question here.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

NKAWTG....not even highly advanced classified cranked kite observation aircraft.

I think we're safe to assume the 30th RS [Tonopah] would be the first to get their paws wet on such equipment.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Oh it was, they just get cranky over random crap sometimes. Pods that anyone with half a brain could figure out would be attached to certain aircraft for example.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks. We all like to visualize what we discuss. Towards that, I've recently come across some very interesting RFIs from way back in the early days of ATF competition. With some minor changes I think we are getting a pretty clear look at the current LM bird. [And I don't mean an F-22 or 35]
. Maybe for a different day/thread however. I'll do a bit more asking around and a write up soon.
edit on 29-9-2014 by aholic because: wording

edit on 29-9-2014 by aholic because: winky

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

There are some pretty interesting RFI/RFPs coming out now. One that I wrote up about the AFRL trying to reduce drag on transport aircraft was very quietly leaked in some not usual places about two years ago.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Yes I read that. A lot of typical things you'd expect to see [winglets etc] but then a few not so typical that did catch my eye. I think I'll have to go back to that....

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I feel your pain, the army wouldn't take me... due to, uhm, me being crazy.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: aholic

NKAWTG....not even highly advanced classified cranked kite observation aircraft.

I think we're safe to assume the 30th RS [Tonopah] would be the first to get their paws wet on such equipment.

Actually, no. We used them for a different mission.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
You guys ready for another picture thread? Lol

As soon as zaph is done proofing the gigabyte worth of pics it will begin. Lol
edit on 29-9-2014 by boomer135 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join