It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why aren't ISIS and Al-Qaeda attacking Israel?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
They're not attacking Israel because they are a fairly localised rag tag bunch to thugs punching well above their weight. They can no more get to Israel than the North Koreans can get to California.

It suits Obama and David Cameron to pretend they are a great threat to us. After all, neither is very popular at the moment and an external threat works wonders if the plebs are restless.

The people who are really dropping bricks are the Saudis. Once again, they are worried that their own bloodthirsty crazy dictatorship is at risk and once again we'll pay billions to bail them out.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: larapa

It’s strange that Euro Christianity did to Africa and Asia everything many people accuse the Muslims of wanting to do.

AND THEY GOT AWAY WITH IT!

500 years of slavery and colonialism since the Euro Christians reached America through Christopher Columbus in 1492 which started the destruction of millions of Indians and eventually Africans and even Asians through the devastation that these Euro Christians did to non Christians…

Sure there are many many ethnocentric Muslims but the vast majority of peaceful Muslims and the secular revolution of Europe( which helped stopped the Catholic Church in its tracks and eventually produced the secular idea of freedom that eventually led to the freeing of the third world colonies and Africa) will likely stop this small band of nutty ethnocentric Muslims.

I was raised in a Muslim community and believe me this Jihadism is a new thing and only has come about AFTER the Afghanistan war and the Iraq war and its origin is from Saudi Wahhabism an 18th century perversion of Islam.

Where was the Islamic terrorist before Afghanistan and Iraq?

Even in history, sure they had dynastic Muslims as they had dynastic Christians but overall they are very similar, it’s just that Islam hasn’t had a full secular revolution as Europe has.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

After sifting to all the usual conspiracy replies, I found the answer rather simple.

Yet.

The IS hasn't attacked Israel yet because it makes no sense. Israel would slaughter them right now. The IS is busy getting stronger, growing it's borders, strengthening its influence, and gaining the assets they will need to start pestering legit, enemies.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What aren't they attacking Turkey either? They just let go all of the Turkish hostages. Turkey didn't join the alliance. I believe the Turks are the designated group--rotten bastards--if the conspiracy theories are true, who are helping ISIS.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
"Why aren't ISIS and Al-Qaeda attacking Israel?"

Because Israel will nuke their a**es and hound them to the ends of the earth. Something the US hasn't figured out yet.
edit on 9/25/2014 by Restricted because: FRAKKING PUNCTUATION

edit on 9/25/2014 by Restricted because: DITTO

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I have an old answer to that but slightly unrelated:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
THAT, my friend (to the OP, I hope you don't mind being called friend)
is probably, no, I'll say is certainly the most important unanswered
and unasked question (at least by mainstream media) regarding the
whole matter.

I heard Israel shot down a Syrian Fighter though that was attacking
al-Qaeda targets.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Yes, there's no doubt that IS has killed Westerners. I can see how that may go against their very own ideology of first uniting all Muslims before drawing themselves into another battle with non-Muslims. That said, perhaps the beheadings were used in a purely defensive manner, meaning that IS' intention was not to wage war with the West, but to halt any international response to their activities. This was shown in the message of their videos which was along the lines of them continuing the beheadings if the West doesn't stop airstrikes. And for their recent statement urging Muslims to kill infidels in the USA, Europe and Australia, i don't see that conflicting with their base ideology. They are just urging lone wolf types to carry out terrorist attacks.

The fact is that IS operates under a Salafist Jihadist ideology. History shows how this ideology works, and experts have a fair idea of what IS' prime objectives are. They want to establish a caliphate of united Muslims before directly attacking non-Muslim states. The beheadings and threats may seem to go against this, but they seem to be used in a purely defensive manner of attempting to halt Western attacks on them. This is seen in their key messages.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
all of you guys realize that 20 years ago there was almost no conflict at all in the middle east, and all "fractions" lived peacefully together, no matter if sunni, shiite, salafi etc. We (the west) created this division between the "sects". Look up the news from 20 years ago, seriously.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: absente

Apart from the Lebanese civil war...and the Iran-Iraq war...and the Taliban vs everyone else in Afghanistan....and Chechnya...and the Sudanese civil war...and the Somalian civil war....and the Kurds vs Syria, Iran, Iraq and Turkey...and the Pakistan-East Pakistan war...and the Algerian civil war...

Apart from that, there was almost no conflict at all between muslims over the last forty years.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
a reply to: voyger2
Yes, there's no doubt that IS has killed Westerners. I can see how that may go against their very own ideology of first uniting all Muslims before drawing themselves into another battle with non-Muslims. That said, perhaps the beheadings were used in a purely defensive manner, meaning that IS' intention was not to wage war with the West, but to halt any international response to their activities. (..)

You could be right, but just for the record, I made a search on the web about the announcement from Obama (08/08/2014, before the first western beheading at 19/08/2014) that we would airstrike Iraq (note at the time only Iraq , not Syria and Assad, for humanitarian reasons, to prevent a genocide he said - I remember now he should had the same position against Israel who was committing a genocide against the people of Palestine)

Obama:

announced that he will authorise targeted strikes against Islamist militant convoys in northern Iraq if they threaten US facilities and personnel there (..)

He said US intervention was justified by the threat and a request for support from the Iraqi government. However, he said US troops would be not be sent back to Iraq.

Mr Obama said the US would act "carefully and responsibly to prevent an act of genocide".

Video and text by BBC

Now, I leave contribute with a very plausible doubt about the intentions of these strikes, taking in consideration the following:

The foreknowing of airstrikes:

and the empty buildings

“15-20 days before the airstrikes, (ISIL) buildings were evacuated, and fighters then mixed in with the local population”.

source
very convenient indeed...

edit on 26/9/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Short answer.... Because Israel would hand hem their butts in a Toyota hubcap. Israelis don't deliberate, mull it over, flip flop, they smoke their butts immediately..... as it should be. How is it that everybody that attacks Israel gets smoked and yet everyone wants to deny its divine intervention.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics
Damn! I've never seen this photo before. Thanks for posting this. What more proof do we need than this? Every time Hamas is mentioned, this photo should be posted. every time.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Why aren't they attacking the Vatican?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: troubleshooter

For about the same reason they aren't attacking Israel!!

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: troubleshooter
The Vatican is a lot further away than Israel is. Israel is in their back yard.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...=3695

this 64 minute YT video explores the possibilities of whom is behind ISIS...it could be as many as 6 spheres of influence/nations
edit on th30141183569327342014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

The Israelis, the Israelis, the Israelis. What is it, 25 years since the first Intifada? 42 years since Munich? Whatever the Israelis are doing, it ain't working.

You want quick, clean, devastatingly effective, go read about the KGB's Alpha Group. Beirut, 1985. A masterclass in clinical violence.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheFlesh1980

Nothing has changed in the BIG picture, really, since the first Gulf War.

A lot has changed since 1990.
Since that time Islamic state was briefly installed in Afghanistan (Taliban), Chechnya.
Theo Van Gogh assassination in Holand. Western society freedom of speech becoming weaker every year.

In September 2012, Rushdie expressed doubt that The Satanic Verses would be published today because of a climate of "fear and nervousness"

“You can’t parody Islam, says Palin: Monty Python star believes religious sensitivities have increased so much it would be impossible to make Life of Brian today,”

In 1990 there was still USSR, on the last leg, but still existed. In the days of so called "cold war" much of natural antipathy towards west was balanced with soviet secular antiamericanism. It is not true any more, all this hate now transforming into militant islam ideology.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
"Why aren't ISIS and Al-Qaeda attacking Israel?"

Because Israel will nuke their a**es and hound them to the ends of the earth. Something the US hasn't figured out yet.

really , do you think so ?? they can nuke someone ??? they didn't figure out how outmatch "hamas" .... they are bunch of cowards who hide themselves behind their falsified image of power and armory khkhkh .... they can do s**t and that's for sure ....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join