It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking : French hostage beheaded in Algeria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

A new crusade probably...

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

To the OP: It seems that ISIS (if that is who did the beheading) is bent on turning most of the world against them.

As far as I know this Algerian group is associated with IS but has their own agenda also...
Same as most extremists!

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
Peace be unto to you,

In Doms case he feels IS does not represent Islam or they represent the worst incarnation/interpetation and they need to go, they are causing harm to Islam so involvment by non Muslim nations such as France is just going to have to be an unfortunate part of the solution..I should talk to him to get a confirmation on his position. I would like more details as to Arab countries particapation in the coalition as well.
I dunno, no easy answers here but in my heart of hearts as much as I do not agree with war actions It cannot be just left to fester, even if/though a huge part of this problem has been created by the wests big game o chess thats been played since ww11.
Peace.

edit on 24-9-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

originally posted by: crazyewok
Not sure what these beheading are meant to accomplish.

all it does is piss normally moderate country's and even people off even more.

Makes you wonder, why do they keep doing things that play right into the hands of Western nations which are eager to attack and occupy foreign nations.

A person could argue that ISUS is too stupid to realize the consequences of their actions.

Or, as many people believe, maybe they're working in tandem with Western powers (assuming these acts arent staged).

The media told us to get mad over the Foley murder. What they failed to mention is that right here in the US, 44 people a day are murdered.

But putting things into perspective doesnt really help when trying to push agendas.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
No worries mate im not really defending Christianity, lots of skeletons in everyones closet, the difference be they inconsequetial to the victims are that one crime is a very organized structured group with seriously f'd up goals and the other while extremly shamefull and damaging was not part of the big plan/ideology or organized like an army, the coverups..thats another story.
Peace.
As to the op..what can one say..its very f'd up, the problem isn't going away.

edit on 24-9-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
ENOUGH!!!!

The West needs to go in there and take these animals out! Now. How many more will die...not just Western journalists, but how many more innocent women and children in the Middle East?

There should be such a hue and cry raised that not one of these devils is left alive.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

^^^ And this is an example of propaganda working its wonders on our emotions... among other similar knee jerk responses.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason
Whatever man go away

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

So I guess we just watch the YouTube videos for weekend entertainment?

"Yeah...those Islamic Jihadists in the Middle East, huh?? What a bunch of crazy guys. Hey, how about some more popcorn?"

Well, as long as it doesn't affect ME personally I suppose I shouldn't give a damn. Thanks for the reality check.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

a reply to: TechniXcality

I'm not going anywhere.

All I'm asking is for you guys to look at things with a more logical and less emotional mindset.

Doesn't it seem awfully convenient for IS affiliates all over to be signing their own death warrants via these videos? You don't see the connections between groups of people the US offers support to becoming our enemies when the time is right? We've done this over and over through out the last 40 years. Cuba, Iraq, Afghanistan, the Bin Ladin family... Open your eyes guys. We excel at creating our own enemies. We fund them, spooks train them, then we use them for an agenda.

Go away man... pfft, wake up youngster. Your blind ambition to go FSU on these guys is exactly what they want.

You know that's the worst of it. You and my other brothers in the services are going to eat the biggest # sandwhich because of this. Greedy politicians with more money then god are using you all as tools. You know the best way to honor your service and my dead family members service, and my dead friends???? FIGHTING TO KEEP YOU HOME.

Go away.... NOT A CHANCE.

wake up kiddo. they're using you.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
You know, if we'd take a cue from Russia and do to them what they do to us they wouldn't mess with us.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

True, not racist. I don't think Islam/Muslims are necessarily more racist than any other group of people. I did piggy back onto another's comment.

But I do stand by my opinion that by and large Muslims practice violence and intolerance where they are the majority population and use the Quran as justification. Maybe it's mob mentality, fear, or something else, I don't know, but as a non-Muslim/non-believer/atheist I can tell you the global fanaticism is putting me in an "its either us or them" mindset

edit on 9/24/2014 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The French could teach [ insert name ] a thing or two about beheadings , they have a history of it ,

But i am getting used to hearing reports of this on msm lately

poor guy

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
More lies from the united states government. they must be your shepherds
edit on 24-9-2014 by KerSeratIsDead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

There really is a problem with negotiating with terrorists. If you do it once, they will expect it every time. In negotiating, you are putting a price on every civilians head in your country who is overseas.

France was asked to help fight ISIS in Iraq, and they have been pretty good about that's all they were doing. Their countrymen were behind doing so, and when fighting against groups like that everyone knows there are possible risks associated when you get involved.

If I were France I wouldn't have negotiated either. They have potentially saved future Frenchmen overseas in so abstaining.

They didn't hold any knife to anyone's head. Their participation in the matter was to refuse to make it any worse.

You can debate all day long on whether or not France is right or not for their participation, but negotiating is a definite no.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The whole issue is that America kills its own people got them crying out for justice, but yet gets in every other nation business, invading and disrupting there way of life, killing there people... Who made america the judge of nations??? Your time is up...
edit on SepX61000 by MX61000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I dont disagree in the West supporting its interests even through manipulative means. What your not understanding is any country in our position would do the same thing. I rather like my society and I hate beheadings.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Never mind.
edit on SepX61000 by MX61000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MX61000

The whole issue is that America kills its own people got them crying out for justice,

She is? You mean the U.S. government has a policy to kill it's citizens? I don't think so. Sure there is corruption, racism and individual psychopaths but the government isn't killing us. I know not one person killed by the government.

but yet gets in every other nation business, invading and disrupting there way of life, killing there people...

You mean feeding them, curing them of disease, educating them and overthrowing their unwanted, barbaric governments and war lords from time to time? OK, I guess so.

Who made america the judge of nations???

We're not the judge of nations, though we do use our vast influence whenever possible.

Your time is up...

Really? Thanks! Is your country going to take over these burdens?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Morals, and Dogma, puppies ......read your Gen Albert Pike.....that's why.....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join