It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking : French hostage beheaded in Algeria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The French hostage kidnapped on Sunday has been beheaded according to a video released by the Algerian jihadist group who took him.
www.bbc.co.uk...

An Algerian jihadist group has released a video that appears to show the beheading of French tourist Herve Gourdel, who was seized on Sunday. Militant group Jund al-Khilafa had set a 24-hour deadline on Tuesday for France to halt air strikes in Iraq. Mr Gourdel, 55, was abducted in the north-east Kabylie region.
France joined the US last week in launching air strikes on Islamic State militants in Iraq.

It would seem these videos of pointless murders are going to become more frequent as a propaganda tool for jihadist groups.
My sympathies go out to the family and friends of Herve Gourdel.

edit on 24-9-2014 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
All this proves is that the French are right to take a major role in the upcoming fight against IS and their symaphisers.

Idiots who shame Islam, not glorify it.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Not surprised really...
They said they would...
France's response may as well have been to hand them the blade when they said that they wouldn't stop...

Another man who's blood is on his governments hands as well as terrorists!

RIP!

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Not surprised really...
They said they would...
France's response may as well have been to hand them the blade when they said that they wouldn't stop...

Another man who's blood is on his governments hands as well as terrorists!

RIP!

In war, if you turn the other cheek and you don't have a prior agreement with the other side about the rules you are both fighting under, you submit yourself to a losing condition.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
no glory in killing an unarmed man tied up.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I dont think these idiots understand when unifying the West militarily ideology's tend to die rather quickly. We all know what happened last time there was a common enemy. Im sorry for the family and we must avenge these acts

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Sadly that's true...
As always it's the poor man in the middle that suffers the consequences!

a reply to: Aliensun

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think that No country should give in to these barbaric acts, Stop bombing or will cut his head off, Whatever. they would kill him anyways. Dont give in and they may stop using humans as bargaining chips if we dont give them what they want.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Glassbender777

Whatever. they would kill him anyways.

IS didn't kill the Turkish prisoners...
But in fairness we don't know what they received as "compensation" for the hostages.

So you may have a point pal!

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Not sure what these beheading are meant to accomplish.

all it does is piss normally moderate country's and even people off even more.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
this ISIS guys defy stupidity!
Not mention previous British, now French, possible Germans Islamists in Philippines threaten to kill German hostages
what their real objective ? Because this kind of actions claim clearly for suicide.

They seek to inflict pain and combine the major world country's against them. Why? In short or long term, there is no chance to win this "war" for them! So why? Is it Suicide?

Every day news I read about these guys, I feel their only objective is to achieve what is already happening ... Military strikes against them .. on a clear suicide mission.. so why? this is not normal logic!

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I hope they get bombed to dust.....
And then bombed some more
And make Islam a illegal religion in the same genre as Nazism
It´s proven itself to be the mother of all evils.

They are the ones that practice racism against ALL that are not a member of the brainwashed lunatics
edit on 24-9-2014 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Its normal logic if you believe you have Allah on your side.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Today I bow my head for yet another innocent...

Bastard pigs...

Saddest

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Thanks for comparing me & my missus to Nazis...

They are the ones that practice racism against ALL that are not a member of the brainwashed lunatics

Liar.
Prove it with Quranic scripture.
Liar.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
The French hostage kidnapped on Sunday has been beheaded according to a video released by the Algerian jihadist group who took him.
www.bbc.co.uk...

An Algerian jihadist group has released a video that appears to show the beheading of French tourist Herve Gourdel, who was seized on Sunday. Militant group Jund al-Khilafa had set a 24-hour deadline on Tuesday for France to halt air strikes in Iraq. Mr Gourdel, 55, was abducted in the north-east Kabylie region.
France joined the US last week in launching air strikes on Islamic State militants in Iraq.

It would seem these videos of pointless murders are going to become more frequent as a propaganda tool for jihadist groups.
My sympathies go out to the family and friends of Herve Gourdel.

It is easy to turn the other cheek when these sorts of things are happening half way across the world. I'm wondering what the public reaction will be if/when it happens on their own soil..are there not already sleeper cells or was that a load of b.s

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Fear. It's about making people afraid.

The reality is that no matter how many decapitation videos find their way to the internet these guys are only giving the rest of the worl a reason to spearhead any geographic location that is home to them. propaganda is a powerful tool for both sides of the conflict. It would be a real shame for the west to engage in the same sort of propaganda... oh wait the United States already has... never mind.

Dumbasses. This is all a jacked up ploy to push western interests in the Middle East

Eyes open, people. Things are not at all what they seem. The stench of deceit is heavy in the air, and IS/wester propaganda is rocking full steam ahead to scare you into submission, yet again.

Ever wonder why the US declares war on so many things? War on drugs, war on education, war on terror, war on IS, war on nutrition, war war war! If you beat a word into people's heads for long enough that word loses all meaning to a person. That way when there is an actual war happening, we all read one line of the news and turn around and watch some Kardashian BULL SNIP on tv, instead of pay attention to what these lying asses in DC, Israel, England, Australia are actually doing. Theres more then one war going on in the world. Theres the battles in the Middle East, and then theres the battle for information. It depends on personal outlook but I would say we're losing at least one of those.

Bush called it something like the axis of evil if i remember right. Obama is calling it the 'network of death'... TERROR!!! BE AFRAID! Don't ask meaningful questions, just submit, give your rights in the name of 'national security' and move along.

Pricks. Lying pricks the whole lot of em.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason
I wonder if the fear and absolute terror, the victim being beheaded ,must feeling is just hyped up propaganda.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

War & Terror...
War & Terror...
War & Terror...
Sports & Weather...

Rinse & Repeat!

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I don't understand how can young men / men join beheading fanatics/terrorists, with a pretext of Allah, because It can't be true that in Koran Mohammed defend that.

Coincidentally, based on your assumption, they are choosing to behead only citizens of major countries!? hum..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join