It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramid And Sphinx, The Lies And Deceptions

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
religion, the faith card. classic. the "you've gotta disprove god" card.

that's not a historical document, prophet, it's a spiritual one. don't use it to attempt to overthrow egyptology, because it won't work.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Madnees, you are truly a joke,

Here is another link that further proves the Egyptians could have not possibly built the Great Pyramid.

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

No man could have known all these numbers,

You still have not offered any proof of anything, a vain babbler you are.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
hey, no attacking the person, attack the damn argument.

i stopped reading after i got a few lines into it when i read this:

On an arid, desolate plateau in Northern Africa lies arguably the most incredibly precise structure in the world. A design so perfect that many have thought only a deity could have created it.

what about some of the 6 inch gaps found between some of the inner stones?

this, alone, makes me laugh at the article.

if they can't realize that there are 6 inch gaps between many of the inner stones, thus making it pretty imperfect, then they are already misinformed.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Thus the length of the Pyramid Inch is defined and it turns out to be 1.00106 British Inches, an amazingly close correspondence to our present day standard.

I never new that our standard is British inch.

This guy is great. Great site too....

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
Odium, you just like to argue, if you use feet, 480 it will still come out to a multiple of 144, 480 x 12 in = 2880 in which is 20 x 144, you certainly are hard of hearing.

Like I said 50 times, you or no one can explain how the Egyptians knew the diameter of the earth, this alone proves the theory that the Egyptians built the Great Pyramid is a deception.

What Part Don't You Understand ?

No, I like to state FACT

It is not 480, it is 481 a Cubit is between 20.61 and 20.63 not 20. You can't round it down to give a number you like.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Pyramids and Temples of Gizeh

I suggest you spend the next few days, reading over this arguement placed forward before you keep on making personnal attacks. Once I am done with my exams, I'll bother to post properly.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
good resource odium

and if anything you'd round 20.61-20.63 UP to 21, instead of the other way.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Odium, why would I waste my time reading anything that says that the Egyptians built the Great Pyramid ? I am not quite as gullible as you and the others.

All of that is meaningless unless you can explain how the Egyptians knew the diameter of the earth. You can't get pass square one, until you can address this issue you can not assume the Egyptians built it, plain and simple, cubits don't matter.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Odium, why would I waste my time reading anything that says that the Egyptians built the Great Pyramid ? I am not quite as gullible as you and the others.

Because there is archaeological proof on the ground that they did so! All of of your so-called evidence is based on rounded-off numbers and mathematical coincidences. There is no proof that the Egyptians knew the size of the world and you can prove anything if you play around with numbers for long enough. It's a bit like Nostradamus - you can create any prophecy you like if you mix the letters up for long enough.
You have still not been able to provide one shred of evidence as to Solomon building the Pyramids. Not a shard of Israelite pottery on the ground at the site, not a piece of Israelite graffiti in the pyramid itself, nothing. Proof is everything. Where is your proof? Where is your evidence?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   

All of that is meaningless unless you can explain how the Egyptians knew the diameter of the earth. You can't get pass square one, until you can address this issue you can not assume the Egyptians built it, plain and simple, cubits don't matter.

Lastday Prophet,
In recently released KGB files, there are some files under codename "Project ISIS". It is about 'tomb of visitor', so I suggest you look and read a little bit more about it.

If Ancient Egyptians ever new about diameter of earth and all of those other numbers you gave them credit for, then this is only proof so far that we have of origin of such knowledge. But just as everybody else said, there is no single proof (Egyptians have left a lot of written things) that they knew any of the numbers you mentioned, not there is any proof that Solomon has built anything on today's Giza plateau.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   

You show me where they knew? The fact they are out on the Goldon Ratio, along with many other mathmatical mistakes you are your sources push show that they didn't know it.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I thought I had made my last despairing post on this thread, but here's one more try...

This site is one of the "pro-mystery" ones, laying out all the claims for the pyramid: www.infinitetechnologies.co.za...

In common with everything else I have seen, there is no mathematical working out or justification for the claims, however, even this site admits that even with the ridiculous invention of a pyramid inch and a hypothesized sacred cubit that even the most strained maths can't make the figures come out right, and the answers are not spot-on:

Earth's Polar Radius: The Pyramid embodies a scale ratio of 1/43200. The height * 43200 = 3938.685 miles, which is the polar radius of the Earth to within 11 mi.

Equatorial Circumference of the Earth: The Pyramid embodies a scale ratio of 1/43200. The perimeter of the base * 43200 = 24,734.94 miles, which is within 170 miles of the equatorial circumference of the Earth.

(What the hell is this "embodied scale ratio"?)

The the polar radius of the earth is 3,949.901 miles (check this here). The equatorial circumference of the earth is 24,902 miles (Check this here). However, do we know the people then used the modern mile as a measurement, which is based and rooted upon, and precisely defined by, multiples of the modern inch and not the 'pyramid inch'?

Aside from that, as this site points out the claims also state that the precise length of the year is encoded into the pyramid. But, knowing this to such accuracy, the Egyptians nonetheless decided to use the 365 day year in their calendar, which is off by a whole day every four years.

LastDay, please, simply and concisely demonstrate, with the correct figures, on here that advanced knowledge is encoded in the pyramid. I can't find a source that does that, and your contribution will be very useful to people.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

first off, you're using the bible as a history book...
a book of faith is not a book of history, though it does provide substantial amounts of theological philosophy and insight into the cultures of the authors...

one good example of historical inaccuarcy in the bible:
in exodus, it says pharoe's firstborn son was a victim of the last plague, but looking at his well preserved corpse, they found the cause of death was actually blunt force trauma to the head.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Could you tell me who this Pharoah's son is? I didn't know that his identity had been learned. I am of the view that Moses is most likely the Egyptian monotheist Akhnaten, exiled for his one God faith. That is just my opinion. The David Rohl books are the main source of the data which leads to this theory. The exodus has not been archeologically confirmed, and from what I've read, the region shows no trace of such a mass migration. Still, it may be that it has just been exaggerated, and did happen differently.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
blackguard, i forgot the name, but its the son of ramses the great.

also, moses being Akhnaten may fit in the biblical timeline, however the historical and archaeological timeline puts too much time between Akhnaten's death and the exodus.

it's an interesting theory that i also toyed with for a while, but the only conclusion i got from it was that Akhnaten saw that he could exploit monotheism after learning about it from some hebrew people.

here's a link to a discovery channel thing they did about ramses the great's son
dsc.discovery.com...

added link

[edit on 17-1-2006 by madnessinmysoul]

[edit on 17-1-2006 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
If Moses was Akhenaton, then location of Promised Land is then wrong?! Wouldn’t location then be couple hundredth miles south of Giza?

As we all know, there is nothing in Egyptians historical writings that indicates that exodus of Jews from Egypt has ever occurred.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by vietifulJoe
If Moses was Akhenaton, then location of Promised Land is then wrong?! Wouldn’t location then be couple hundredth miles south of Giza?

As we all know, there is nothing in Egyptians historical writings that indicates that exodus of Jews from Egypt has ever occurred.

As a matter of fact there is. It has been argued that the Hebrews were a part of the great alliance of Asiatic people known as the Hyksos, which invaded Northern Egypt for around a hundred years, and which might the basis for the legand of Joseph. Eventually they were driven out by the Egyptians.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
also, the reason that we have no writings from the egyptians construction of the pyramids is because the records were destroyed with the library of alexandria.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
also, moses being Akhnaten may fit in the biblical timeline, however the historical and archaeological timeline puts too much time between Akhnaten's death and the exodus.

The time difference between Moses and Akhnaten can be explained. The two books by David Rohl, 'A test of time' and 'legend' give the details of this theory. It is plausible. Those books are very interesting, but they are long. The similarities between the two are numerous, and so once the timeline issue is resolved there is a possibility that they are one and the same.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
i'll look into the book, and i'll consider the theory.

however, the differences between the worship of Aten and Yahweh are WAY too different in my eyes.

but i'll still look into the theory some more.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join