It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spray and Pray

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: SLAYER69

Seen these before and they really heat up. The 22lr is not a man stopper.....well I guess 100 of them would be. Many people want the tacticool thing personally I want function and quality. And when it comes to kit that is gonna cost you some money.

I wonder how many 10/22 you could buy to equal this silly gun. I bet it close to 10,000 US.

According to their site they will only sell it to you to modify an m16. Since a preban m16 will run you anywhere from 10 to 30 thousand, plus 1800 for the kit. Yeah it's an expensive toy.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

I see please delete
edit on 24-9-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: Bedlam

And I am an ex-martial artist who trained for 10 years. I know every moves, and their damage they inflict.

Yet I always seek the peaceful solution first. That's because I still have decency, unlike some people on this thread.

10 years of training? Well damn, now I can see why you don't like/don't need guns. You can just dodge the bullets with all that training!

originally posted by: SubTruth

Seen these before and they really heat up. The 22lr is not a man stopper.....well I guess 100 of them would be. Many people want the tacticool thing personally I want function and quality. And when it comes to kit that is gonna cost you some money.

I wonder how many 10/22 you could buy to equal this silly gun. I bet it close to 10,000 US.

I bet this thing gets insanely hot! The barrel must be something serious!

I have to disagree with your statement that the 22lr is not a man stopper. Didn't the guy who tried to kill Reagan use a .22 revolver? Watch the video and after they secure the gun there are at least two men on the ground (dead or alive is unimportant, they were certainly 'stopped'), if I remember correctly no one was hit more than once.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

My preference would be for a dagger with a small rocket engine in it. You stab the intruder, duck out of the way, and a second later, BANG! And the blade is propelled through the torso, or whatever area was hit with the knife.

Either that, or a knife with an explosive bolt running down the length of the blade, which detonates inside the wound, blowing shards of knife blade all over the inside of the body.

Is that OTT?

Meh.

However, on the subject at hand:

This weapon looks like the sort of thing that one would use for area denial, as a portable suppression weapon. I mean, talk about something to keep heads down with! It is small enough to be used in close confines, but appears to have the capacity to perform admirably in a situation where an emplaced gun would be desirable, but impractical.

This does not appear to be the sort of weapon, however, which one could purchase for home defence without raising some eyebrows, and I can sort of understand why. There are not too many readily available weapons, which offer the same rate, and volume of fire, in such a compact package. Depending on the ammunition fired from it, this weapon in a home defence situation would be like protecting ones town or village by detonating a nuclear device over it, in the event of invasion. It will work like a charm, but if half your house is lead riddled dust by the time your finger comes off the trigger, surprise will be a luxury which escapes the grasp!

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Firstly, I'm from England so my personal experience with firearms is limited...

Secondly, I'm a big fan of firearms as they are designed. As Tools (not being used by them of course)

I do love to see a new lil' ol' bullet hose but still know the value of a simple tool for a simple job.

S&W1911 .45 ACP and a 12 Gauge/bore both perform more than adequately given proper tuition for, either gathering food or self defense.

Oh and before I get bashed for being pro-gun, pro-knife or even pro-banana. I just wanted to give you all my opinion. that is all. I'm not gonna leap up and down regardless of replies.

P.S. Im pro-gun for countries that already have them as legal items. Do I want them here? Nah no thanks
. I would defend me and mine with lethal force but would hate the day I ever had to do it.

Hugs n' stuff from a very chilly England

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Slayer this is basically an American 180 built on AR lower.... (looks more like a TNW survivor carbine lower but tomato tomahto)

They've been around since the 80's at least and there are several transferrable examples in the NFA registry but be ready to shell out several transferrable Mac 10 worth of cash for one.... incidentally this could be the attempt of a company that tried to get a similar upper approved for NFA Macs without success's attempt to recoup r and d losses.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
That looks like a fun toy Slayer!! From the video it looked like it fired .22 rounds. That would at least keep ammo costs down
Too bad the thread turned into such a mess, I'll never understand why anti-gun people want to urinate in the cheerio's of those of us who like to just go and shoot at paper. Ahh well.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

14 years experience here and I still do not know all of the moves. The thing is that just as you have the ability to decide to use a hard hit for impact or a soft hit to deter a gun allows people the chance to do both. A knee shot to an intruder will stop him and leave him alive. Breaking in isnt the same as just threatening you, it is a full on attack. My martial arts says to always present somebody with the left hand of peace, but if they reject it to give them the right hand of power. If somebody breaks into your house then they are effectively rejecting peace.

Killing is not good, but it is occasionally justified. Thats why there are techniques that kill.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

If you really have as much experience as you say then you know that at any kind of distance your skills are useless. I have trained police officers and military personnel and the first thing I say is that martial arts don't work at 15 feet away, a handgun does. I love martial arts, I love kata, I love sparring, I love the history; however at 15 feet away ill be shot before I can disarm an enemy, id rather carry and be prepared to make the decision than be forced into risking my life.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Divin3F3nrus

Killing is not good, but it is occasionally justified. Thats why there are techniques that kill.

And my personal favorite technique for tight quarters is modified McDaniel Point Shoot.

Longer distances, I prefer Maddox's Zen Technique, but it takes a lot longer to get on target, so you have to have a good setup.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
but I'm still damned good at it. Your average meth head isn't going to stand a chance.

So if the average meth head doesn't stand a chance, why the automatic guns? Why does it have to be an overkill?

Because rapid fire helps keep the enemy's head down and provides cover fire for advancing friendly troops.

"Two well placed shots in 1.5 seconds, at the same spot [say a heart shot] on a human torso, compared to 6 shots in 1.5 seconds in a combat effective zone [heart, lungs, liver, spleen, spine] ---- both are effective --- yet one is obviously a lot more efficient."

Quote: Travis Haley on Magpul Dynamics DVD, Art of the Tactical Carbine Volume 2
edit on 3-11-2014 by Erno86 because: added quote source

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Considering you have to already own a full auto m16 for the conversion to .22 I think I'd just stick with the M16 myself. It certainly does look like fun though.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Bedlam

And I am an ex-martial artist who trained for 10 years. I know every moves, and their damage they inflict.

Yet I always seek the peaceful solution first. That's because I still have decency, unlike some people on this thread.

Actually, you sound passive aggressive to me!

I'm not a big fan of guns, having never really been exposed to them (I live in New Zealand, in an urban environment), but I accept that it's different strokes for different folks and I'm fine with that.

On topic: it looked like there was quite a bit of discrepancy in aiming for the OP gun. Still, I guess it wouldn't matter if it stopped an intruder.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I think "Spray and Pray" might be a really good name for a bathroom deodorant, especially when I've been to Taco Bell that night.

And you could have three levels of strength - "Bolt Action" for light duty, "Semi-auto" for more offensive flatus, and "Full Auto" for the aftermath of a nice curry or a few Fiery Dorito Supremes.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

and i thought this was going to be a story about the accuracy of police shooting their intended targets...my bad...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join