It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spray and Pray

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
"Enthusiastic guilt-less ability" might do better.

Sure, guilt is such a silly concept, right?

Guiltless-ness is the sign of psychopathy.

In which case I wonder: who is the true criminal mind?
-The intruder whose actions were motivated by necessity and/or a lack of vital resources, and who will feel guilt;
-or the defender whose actions were motivated by pure joy-of-killing urge, and who is a psychopath?

edit on 24-9-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

originally posted by: caterpillage
Wow talk about paranoid. You need to move somewhere safer, or get a gun. I recommend one like in the video

I guess you don't see your reflection, of you holding an automatic gun, in the mirror before calling me "paranoid".

I don't have any automatics

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

So, do you have some kind of insulated pole for pulling the bodies off your fence?

Are your trip wires connected to explosives?

Do you feed your attack dogs raw meat and keep them hungry to ensure a quick kill?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

"A bit" is an euphemism...

I could see situations where full auto fire might make a nice point. But I'd probably reserve it for the guy's car as he tried to get away, providing he made it outside.

Hm, what's that?

Oh. Glaser Safety Slugs. My favorite indoor ammo for sidearms.

Basically, it's a standard cartridge, but the bullet is where the magic begins.

It's hollow, and filled with teflon oil, and suspended in the oil is very fine lead shot. The tip is hard teflon.

When you shoot someone with it, it detonates upon contact with something like flesh, and rips off the limb or turns the lung, heart or guts into borscht. I think the kill rate with a hit by a Glaser to ANY chunky part of the anatomy is 99%. Hands and feet not included.

The good part: they won't go through sheet rock, so you can lay waste to the room without worrying about your old lady or kids in the next room over.

The bad part: if your perp has on armor or a thick coat, they're less lethal than a normal round. So, I generally load 1 in 3 hard ball and depend on keeping count.

eta: at work, it's Glasers all the way for sidearms. The M4's in the weapons locker are all jacketed.
edit on 24-9-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

-The intruder whose actions were motivated by necessity and/or a lack of vital resources, and who will feel guilt

By the time you've made up your mind to break into a house with people in, you've decided you're going to kill the people in there if you have to. Who says they lack vital resources, by the way? Maybe they just like robbing. That's what my two were after. Didn't have to shoot either, although I came real close with one and butt stroked the other.

Cycled the action on his head, too. Startled the crap out of me.
edit on 24-9-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
ATTENTION PLEASE!!

This is NOT a discussion about firearm laws or gun rights.

Please focus further responses on the Actual Topic of discussion

THANK YOU

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
AM-15's like this would be great for large crowds of people who're trying to kill you, but in home defense, you just can't beat a .12 gauge shotgun loaded with alternated shells.
edit on 24-9-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well, I guess this what it comes down to.
......and people will look at this video and exclaim how advanced we are.

We are in sad times.
Can we take a second to question the psychological mindset of the individual or society(ies) that would produce this, or feel like they have a need for this. I just keep reading about home invasion [protection] and its scary that people really are that scary. What are we running from, and why are we so scared. Its not like you have the patents for some one of a kind technology, all you have is mediocre possessions that are meaningless at the end of the day. If people were concerned about protecting their family, I would see a different attitude and different original methods to enforce security.

modern barbarism at its finest.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

This particular weapon is a .22 cal machine gun based on the design of the American 180 .22LR machine gun. The only machine gun chambered in .22LR issued to government agents ever.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I prefer the ANCIENT science of AIMING.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Its missing something quite basic, somewhere to cleanly wrap bacon around so you can empty it then go make a bacon sandwich..perhaps a tactical sauce bottle holder addon as well..would of said beer as well but the recoil might make it a bit exposive that is unless you're going for a "hell yeh" can opening where you just about get to drink 2 sips

why just kill when you can kill and grill at the same time??

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

Killin and grillin, sounds pretty thrillin!
Recoil on that gun is so low you could shoot it while chillin

(Take that muzzleflash) lol

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Not very practical, seems to me.

But fun as all get out on the range...

Yeah, I could see spending time on the range with that.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne This little bullet hose looks very controllable,easy to aim and either destroy the brain or sever the brain stem, or cause massive immediate blood loss, or break the skeletal structure supporting the musculature. this is what stops the intruder-attacker. the shock and psychological trauma are secondary, but not necessarily immediate stoppers. so shoot to kill, I have been shot before, they didn't make it count the first time, I didn't give them a second chance. their mistake, I wouldn't want to be shot at or with this weapon, or any for that matter.

edit on 24-9-2014 by chopperswolf because: because

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Back for more "If you own a gun, you just want to kill people" routine I see.

Question, when was the last time you were in the US, and/or involved with an investigation to a home intrusion within the US?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

a reply to: Bedlam

And I am an ex-martial artist who trained for 10 years. I know every moves, and their damage they inflict.

Yet I always seek the peaceful solution first. That's because I still have decency, unlike some people on this thread.

I have yet to see your or anyone's Kung-Fu stop Mr Bullet.

So, 10 years and you know "every move"?? Interesting.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
That rate of fire seems to be above the Calicos that also fire the 22 round.

Pretty cool.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne The topic of this thread is the neat little gun, not why you don't like guns, nuff said.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

Gotta ask, have you ever looked up from you computer screen and seen someone looking in through your window with a hammer in his hand?

I have.

I reached into my desk drawer and pulled out my S&W .38 revolver, and just placed it on the desk, and looked at him.

He did the right thing, thank God. He left, rapidly.

What might have happened if he hadn't? Doesn't really bear thinking about, 'cause someone would have got hurt.

Would he have come in if I hadn't shown him the gun, and let him know I knew he was there? I think he probably would have.

He knew someone was in the house. My car was parked right in front of the house, and my stereo was playing loud enough to be heard outside the house. Yet he came onto my porch anyway?

Don't try to convince me that my having a gun didn't deter him.

No shots fired. But that gun saved a life. His.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Seen these before and they really heat up. The 22lr is not a man stopper.....well I guess 100 of them would be. Many people want the tacticool thing personally I want function and quality. And when it comes to kit that is gonna cost you some money.

I wonder how many 10/22 you could buy to equal this silly gun. I bet it close to 10,000 US.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join