It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dissolution of the United States as a Superpower

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Your laundry is no more clean than ours.

ponder this a split second...

maybe none of this that hurts you so much deep inside would have never happened if it wasn't for England's Imperial Roman Catholic Nation?

PS; European laundry still stinks, you can go over there right now and see the blood on the ground still, that's how recent it is.

edit on 10-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I am by no means an expert but I do believe I have a point when I say the coming robot revolution might give rise to a civil war. The rich will get the tech and the poor will be left out. The rich create a better police system and the USA becomes a police state in order to keep the poor controlled after which the poor might revolt. It would be extremely ironic if it were to happen, given most tech is invented by the US, even if a lot of it is because of import knowledge.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AinElohim

Your laundry is no more clean than ours.

ponder this a split second...

maybe none of this that hurts you so much deep inside would have never happened if it wasn't for your Catholic Nation?

Britain ditched Catholicism before the first English colonists ever landed on American shores.

Unlike most of our European cousins we saw the light pretty early

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

England fought 3 genocidal Indian wars here in the states before the American Revolution.

I am sorry the mass genocide you mention, the largest Indian wars... was England.

England was erasing Indians for over 150 years before the States became their own Nation.

Everything before 1776 is England's bidding... not mentioning England is solely responsible for the hostilities with the natives.

The natives don't care, they just call us all White Man, but the white man sure cares and knows which tribe of white men threw the first punch.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

England fought 3 genocidal Indian wars here in the states before even the Revolution!

I am sorry the mass genocide you mention, the largest Indian wars... was England.

England was erasing Indians for over 150 years before the States became their own Nation.

Everything before 1776 is England... not mentioning England is solely responsible for the hostilities with the natives.

I never said or laundry was cleaner.

Im only saying the USA is not much better

You just pretty much carried our banner after we left you guys.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

that is something I looked into and it is quite complex... timelines of events and all.

one thing is for sure though, England didn't leave many Injuns for us to war with, the settlers were fighting jihading style natives but they we're mostly in smaller pockets by this time.

Native American pulled some freaky stuff on the newly invented American citizen (late 1700's thru mid 1800's)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Britain ditched Catholicism before the first English colonists ever landed on American shores.

oh no no no... you got this wrong.

the only thing King Henry did was say, arr arr arrrr! I'm the freaking Pope now!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

that is something I looked into and it is quite complex... timelines of events and all.

one thing is for sure though, England didn't leave many Injuns for us to war with, the settlers were fighting jihading style natives but they we're mostly in smaller pockets by this time.

Native American pulled some freaky stuff on the newly invented American citizen (late 1700's thru mid 1800's)

Grow up and stop making excuses.

Take responsibility for your part in Native deaths and slavery.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

give it up...

UK and most all of Europe for that matter are our younger siblings now, I honor the past with that title.

no need to judge them as just plain straight "followers"

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
All big empires fall, usually from within as the members of society get too entitled. So what's the difference. Now just because we are trying to be less greedy doesn't make us into wimps. We have plenty of military might.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
All big empires fall, usually from within as the members of society get too entitled. So what's the difference. Now just because we are trying to be less greedy doesn't make us into wimps. We have plenty of military might.

we thank Dog USA is a Democratic Republic...

Russia had an Empire and Federation eh, Kings and all that jazz?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

I'm not sure what you are trying to tell me here. I acknowledged that there were two Roman Empires. Also, they were both unified as one Empire initially.

Current Western Civilization is based on Greek Democracy, not Roman Imperialism.

Current western civilization is based just as much on Roman imperialism as it is based in Greek democracy. Mostly because democracies don't exist in western civilization. They are all republics.

I don't know what your point on bringing up Greek influence was though. I never made any points about the influences that various empires had. I was just pointing out that the Roman Empires (both of them) lasted longer than we have. USA is still a young empire by comparison to previous ones.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The USA isn't a Catholic nor a Protestant nor an anything nation. It is a secular nation.
edit on 10-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The USA isn't a Catholic nor a Protestant nor an anything nation. It is a secular nation.

yes...

as I am finally getting you to realize in other sections of the forum.

USA was secular at its founding, I was explaining Church Dominance to our friend across the pond.

(popularity)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I'm not sure what you are trying to tell me here.

I am trying to tell you simply this...

The image you are painting of the United States with a Roman backdrop is wholly incorrect.

You being from Maryland I probably assumed you would know DC is modeled after Greek Classical Order.

Predating Rome with no roman influence whatsoever in the architecture down in DC.

en.wikipedia.org...

Greek New Rome was based on Democracy (Greek Democracy)

Rome of the west (savage Rome) was based on Imperialism. (Roman Imperialism)

So now we have two different forms of governance state above, which form of governance do you think we are based on? would it be the same which our architecture reflects?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Getting me to realize? I've always known this...

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Our government is based on Roman, English, Greek, and Native American governments and ideas towards leadership. To be honest, much of our government took Native American ideals because they liked the way they governed society. There was actually a problem back in the day of colonists defecting and going to live in Native society.

edit on 10-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

and pretty much every Pillar and Column you will see in DC is of the "Ionic" Order.

no influence of the 2 Roman orders (Rome failed) and they just based everything on Greek too.

I've researched this well being a native Arlingtonian...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Clues in construction doesn't necessarily mean that the government based its institutions on it.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Clues in construction doesn't necessarily mean that the government based its institutions on it.

it means more than you may think

second...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join