It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Store Clerk Kills Two After Being Wounded...Canton Ohio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
After being wounded during a confrontation with three hold up men, clerk manages to return fire killing two of the would be robbers.

After watching vid note another store owners flap about folks being out of work and needing to eat. My isn't he a good thinker.

Story/Vid

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Serves the robbers right. If you're going to rob a store with a pistol, then be prepared to lose your life. Two thugs off the street and hopefully they catch the last guy.

The store owner who is flapping about "people need to eat" is a jackass.
edit on 9/24/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Consensus has been to give the robbers the money and save yourself. Now, wouldn't robbers know about this and not be afraid of robbing stores. Maybe this will dampen the increase in robberies. Their mistake was to shoot this guy, I would have returned fire myself if someone shot me and I had a gun.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
and this right here is why i carry. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Everyone has different opinions on guns, but don't begrudge me or anyone else for carrying one just because it makes you nervous. You'd never be able to tell if i was carrying or not till i drew it. Hope the clerk recovers and they catch the other idiot who got away...

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Wish he would have got the third for the hat trick. I think they should show these surveillance videos of robbers getting killed nationally on all TV channels. Kind of a public service announcement that if you rob, you get holes in you.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

Serves the robbers right. If you're going to rob a store with a pistol, then be prepared to lose your life. Two thugs off the street and hopefully they catch the last guy.

The most intelligent things were said by that man. He's no jackass.

Its sad for everybody. Given the lack of jobs, I think the relative rarity of stories like this are proof humankind's vibration is raising. Something Big is happening.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Apparently the clerk did not hear about the wasps spray defense.

Then we could have some blind robbers on the government dole.... And the clerk would probably have federal charges for illegal use of wasps spray.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: mcChoodles

I think we all know people need to eat. I'm sure they weren't robbing this store because they wanted a hamburger. They wanted money and they didn't want to work for it. They had enough money to get guns, use that to get food then.
edit on 9/24/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: mcChoodles
Given the lack of jobs, I think the relative rarity of stories like this are proof humankind's vibration is raising. Something Big is happening.

Yes

Two jack wagons were stopped butt-cold after shooting the guy trying to kill him.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I mean, I agree with the guy.. People have to eat and in this time... People are struggling with that.

But I doubt that the robbers were looking for money for food. And if they were, there are better options. I mean, there are people who ask for spare change, and usually if I see someone on the street and they ask for spare money for food, I give them a gift card to a fast food place. Then I know they are using the money for food. There are adults that come into my store every day and they say "Yeah, I don't want to sell my PS4/Xbox1/360/etc, but money is tight this week and I gotta feed my kids/take my kids to the doctor/etc." These people aren't robbing stores and harming people. These people are giving up something so they can take care of business.
edit on 24-9-2014 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I was hoping this story received national attention. I live in Canton. I actually drove by that gas station twice today.

We were worried that the clerk would end up getting charged, as that seems to be what happens when folks fight back. However, the police came right out and said that by the open carry law we have, he was perfectly legal as his gun was visibly displayed on his side.

I've not seen an update on his condition and as of this posting, they still haven't caught the third one who got away. I always hope a story like this will deter future would-be robbers, but in reality, it probably won't.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: megabogie
I was hoping this story received national attention. I live in Canton. I actually drove by that gas station twice today.

We were worried that the clerk would end up getting charged, as that seems to be what happens when folks fight back. However, the police came right out and said that by the open carry law we have, he was perfectly legal as his gun was visibly displayed on his side.

I've not seen an update on his condition and as of this posting, they still haven't caught the third one who got away. I always hope a story like this will deter future would-be robbers, but in reality, it probably won't.

It won't change anything, because there are still robbers who get away, unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

You are very right... If they wanted to eat then rob a grocery store, a restaurant, but a gas station? Not only are they criminals but stupid criminals. Is it just me or does anyone else know they only keep change for a 20 in the till and the bulk of their sales are in credit cards. The place has more cameras than Best Buy just for this reason, and most have a tape measure next to the door so the camera gets your height on the way out. Seems like they always get shot, killed, or arrested for 20 bucks and a six pack.

If you're going to risk everything by robbing a business for money at the minimum make it a bank.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
While I've no real issue with him defending himself, especially after being wounded...

It could have turned out badly if there'd been any collateral damage, as in innocents hurt and/or killed...

That's why my store has a cooperate policy. There is no telling where the bullet might go...or into who it might go.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

THAT id why they are criminal ,poor problem solving skills.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
While I've no real issue with him defending himself, especially after being wounded...

It could have turned out badly if there'd been any collateral damage, as in innocents hurt and/or killed...

That's why my store has a cooperate policy. There is no telling where the bullet might go...or into who it might go.

And that is the reason why the right to carry people take the counter view, you never know where the bullets might go if there is no one to stop them. Thankfully this guy did a good job of protecting himself and customers. How many times has the news played the cashier being beaten or shot after cooperating, to many.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

You're not wrong.

But there is always the possibility of that clerk, in the process of protecting himself, hurts someone uninvolved. That would leave the owner, as well as the clerk liable. That's my only point of contention with what happened. Other than stupid people who want to take, rather than earn that is.

In this case, all's well that ends well... He was able to stop 66% of the attackers, and survived the experience. Kudos to him.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I guess its really a matter of it being your call if you're the one being held up. When you look in their eyes and see if they have the crazy look or just give me some money so I can go. Each situation has be judged on its own merit. For the most part I would agree, money isn't worth killing anyone over but not everyone thinks like we do.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

True enough.

God only knows what I'd do in that situation.

Came close a few years ago when the store I work at was scouted by a would be strong arm robber... He, apparently, decided that there were too many people in the store, so he left. Day later he robbed a convenience store right down the street. Same guy. The cashier was shot. He survived it.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock>>> You'll get idiot relatives of the robbers who will say " This wasn't like him" or "don't let one mistake he made make him into a vicious person" or " he didn't deserve to be killed, he had a family".
Canton is a messed up town even for Ohio. Lots of problems and confrontations there and bad tempers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join