It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV show Preview Pet Peeve

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I've always had a problem with these but finally decided to write about it. You know when you tune into a show and at the very beginning they show previews from the upcoming episode? The worst is competition shows where they show who's going to lose right off the bat, Masterchef comes to mind right away since I like watching it. I mean I don't like but can understand previews for the next week's episode and what's coming up after the commercial break but the show just started, why do I need to see what's going to happen in the next 30 min right away? It really ruins any anticipation I may have about what's going to happen during the show. Who in the world thought this was a good idea? I know people nowadays have short attention spans but damn. Anyone else annoyed by this? I could put this in rant but figured since it's limited to TV shows this would be a good place for it.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
You said the reason right in your post -- people have short attention spans.

Thanks to dvr, Netflix, downloading, etc., people are getting used to skipping commercials. If they don't show what's coming up after the commercial break, chances are the channel gets flipped while the commercials are playing. Without that preview of what's coming up, viewers can't think "oh drama! I want to see that". Without that thought in their head, it's very easy to get caught up watching another show and not flip back to the other.

new topics

join