It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will ET Be Here Soon? NASA Brings Scientists, Theologians Together To Prepare...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dryad2
I still think only a small portion of our population is ready for disclosure.

I think a very large portion of the population already understands that intelligent ET life almost surely exists out there somewhere, given the size of the universe. In fact, I'd say only a very small minority of people (who have some moderate level of education) would think that there is NO other intelligent life out there in the vastness of the universe.

So if the is the case, then I'd say that since "the masses" are already quite convinced of that possibility, confirmation will come as no real shocker to most.

...Now, if by "disclosure" you mean something different (i.e., that TPTB discloses that they have been keeping alien visitation of Earth a secret for years), then I'm not sure how they would react -- Of course, that assumes that TPTB has been keeping this secret, which may not be the case.

But a simple "we received a unequivocal message from ET" will not be a huge shocker -- albeit it would be the most important event in human civilization.

edit on 9/27/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The discovery of alien life, microbiological or intelligent won't be huge news with the major networks. It doesn't fall in line with the current fear and idiot propaganda by US media. The news will still focus on violence, disease, politics, and celebrities.

The media will just play dumb when the day comes for disclosure of Earth being visited by intelligent ET. We'll have some new satellite to detect ET spaceships or satellites in our solar system or near by, where as right now we don't. The only thing we have are astronaut visual sightings which may or not be all debunked...All of our current technology is doing practical space research and we have a few satellites and telescopes looking for signs of life in deep space.

As far as I know, we are just beginning to look for alien life, publicly.

We have studied UFO's for over 50 years, 1000's of contact claims, but no smoking gun. I thought it was interesting historians were mentioned in the OP. Some say the Ancient Alien theory is the smoking gun, but we have no rock hard (excuse the pun) conclusive evidence, because nearly all, or possibly the entire AA theory can be debunked by historians and archeologists...

However what happens when science discovers something that matches up with an ancient tale? That will be the day! Such as life in the Orion star system...

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join