It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rover

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Post apocalyptic rental flick. If you're into this genre of film, and no one else is, watch it alone.

Stars Guy Pearce and Robert Pattinson. I thought they both did an admirable job with what they were given to work with. The movie is filmed in the south of Australia. Pretty desolate place ... and swarming with flies. LOL

As for the story ... no spoilers here ... but you'll have to watch 'til the end of the flick to find out why Guy wanted his car back so badly.

ATS comment: I can't imagine why a fellow with as much talent as Guy Pearce took on this role. I'll be watching this thread to see what anyone else interested thinks.

-Cheers

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I watch most films alone. Your saying this one is not of any use even in that mode?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse
I watch most films alone. Your saying this one is not of any use even in that mode?

No. I kind of enjoyed it, but with 20/20 hindsight, I wish I hadn't shelled out 17 bucks to own it. If I had sat down with my wife, she would have walked off after a few minutes.

As far as post-apocalypse films go, this one would fall pretty far down on my list of recommendations. That said, I could see some aspects of it as a future reality.

If you see the film, do tell me how you 'feel' about it the next day.

-Cheers

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
After you've watched the film, all doubt of why both actors took this roll will be forgotten, and instead, will be lauded.
One of the est movies i've seen this year.

And what is great about Guy's role in this film, is he doesn't talk much at all, his face expressions play the perfect part.

Even the sparkly vampire plays a brilliant role.

9/10 score from me.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
For a few different reasons, the overall theme and location of the movie reminds me of this picture of a statue on display in an Australian cemetery.

Generally speaking, I would say that the message was that the reckless disregard for other people, murdering and burning them, and then the eventual desire to have a proper burial for the dog reflects how humans basically hate each other but have unconditional respect for their animals.

As for feeling, I guess it falls in with other films like Requiem for a Dream or There Will Be Blood to leave a sinking feeling of despair. It certainly doesn't follow the usual Hollywood recipe that usually requires a happy ending of some sort.

Of course, I didn't actually watch it - I cheated. I remembered that Wikipedia write-ups of movies aren't just spoiler alerts, they are an actual overview of the entire plot of the movie from beginning to end. hahaha

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: corsair00

LOL Watch out for spoilers above!!

new topics

top topics

join