It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War History Lesson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it." That seems like a pretty good slogan for the Iraq War, doesn't it? Today on #OffTheGrid, I take a trip down memory lane to follow the trail of money, oil and blood that led the United States from 9/11 into Iraq. How were George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld able to fool the United States citizens into supporting a war built on lies? I break it all down in today's episode.

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Would love to comment, but the video won't play for me.

Might be this iOS 8 upgrade, but I don't know.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

First, thank you for this video. It's always nice to find well thought-out, cohesively put together items like this that I can share with friends and family. I always enjoy the information you share in both Off the Grid and Conspiracy Theory.

My favorite thing that you point out is how many people believe the Iraq war was wrong, but still refuse to think hard enough back to make the connection of 9/11 being the catalyst. Even knowing that there were no WMDs, too many people still have blind faith and trust in our government and what they tell us. Denial is apparently a lovely place to live in.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Sorry about that! Our tech team is looking into the issue. Here's the link to watch: Iraq War History Lesson

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
interesting show Jesse. I know how hard it is to get all the information packed into a single episode. With that said, you missed an important figure who helped shaped the war on Iraq, Ahemd Chalabi.

The head of the Iraq National Congress, a large group of dissidents assembled by media manipulator James Rendon, was funded by the CIA to dismantle Saddam from within. Chalabi was almost single handily responsible for the "Iraq Liberation Act" which declared Saddam public enemy number 1 and ordered Clinton to pay $150 million to Iraqi opposition for weapons and intel gathering. When President Bush came to the chair, Chalabi was bringing dissidents who described their "alleged" first hand knowledge of Saddam's lethal arsenal of weapons.

edit on 24-9-2014 by theNLBS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Thanks for sharing this info in the thread. This is another example of why we need to demand a new investigation into 9/11 to uncover the truth!

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Pretty simple really, the American people were still out for blood for 911, and the President himself chose a despot with a towel on his head, and that's all it took. It really wouldn't have mattered what evidence he presented or didn't present. We wanted vengeance, and he provided an outlet for it. Plain and simple. Every time we saw a smart bomb blow up a building, we cheered and felt vindicated. Anyone who says differently is probably not being honest with themselves. Not proud of it. But it was what it was.

(post by MarilynDavis removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   

This is a 4-5 years old video but right now, we don't see much stability I Iraq.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I agree with you

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
The world should learn that if it doesn't want something like this to happen again, it should stop nations from invading and that includes the US, through force if necessary.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join