It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Secretary Says He'll Do 'Background Checks' on Amnestied Illegals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well the soup is getting thicker by the day.

During a House Homeland Security Committee hearing, DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson said he would do background checks on "aliens" that someday get Amnesty !!!

He says DHS will do everything to weed out "Terrorists" !!

He wants people to come forward and be counted !!

Well hip hip hooray Jeh !!

Now realistically, *WHY* would criminals and terrorists *even* come forward ????

Geesh it's getting thick. Sad.

Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said at a House Homeland Security Committee hearing on Wednesday that granting amnesty to millions of illegal aliens in the United States could encourage terrorists among them to come out of the shadows.

“From my homeland security perspective, I want people who are living in this country undocumented to come forward, to get on the books, and subject themselves to a background check so that I can know who they are and whether it’s the current DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) program or a path to citizenship – whether it’s deferred action or earned path to citizenship. From my homeland security perspective, I want people to come forward,” Johnson said.

DHS Secretary Says He'll Do 'Background Checks' to Ensure Amnestied Illegals Won't Commit Terrorism

They Never Stop ...

They know the Public are Suckers

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So is he asking them to volunteer to come forward AFTER they are already here, did I understand that correctly???

Seems like background checks would be something to do BEFORE not after. As if anyone who is here illegally is going to volunteer themselves to even more attention by Law Enforcement when it won't do them any good to do so.

Is it his first day on the job or something??? Does he know that anyone doing something illegal typically doesn't rat themselves out for no reason???
edit on 23-9-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
How much background can be found on illegals? Seems like a statement to make people think they are actually doing something.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I was going to ask you what the soup special was today....think I'll pass

This is just priceless, not to mention naive:

“From my homeland security perspective, I want people who are living in this country undocumented to come forward, to get on the books, and subject themselves to a background check"
ROFLMAO.....

Oh that's a good one Sir!!
I'm pretty sure they'll turn themselves in----yeah when pigs fly

Way to go Mr.DHS Secretary!!

Is he really that gullible or is that more for the general public to hear?

edit on 23-9-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Oh really ?

19 hijackers ring a bell ?

The Tsarnev's ring a bell ?

DHS is full of snip.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Read that article, and be worried.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412
This is just priceless, not to mention naive:

“From my homeland security perspective, I want people who are living in this country undocumented to come forward, to get on the books, and subject themselves to a background check"

How nice would it be if that's how the world worked though.

"Excuse me, Everyone, this is the DHS. Can we please have anyone currently breaking the law report to one our Detention Centers for Processing. Pretty Please and Thank You."

If it was really that easy, we wouldn't exactly need Law ENFORCEMENT now would we.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The Tsarina's ring a bell ?

And what's so bad, the FBI had been informed of them before the tragedy occurred

The federal government added the name of the dead Boston Marathon bombing suspect to a terrorist database 18 months before the deadly explosions, a U.S. official told CBS News.

CBS News senior correspondent John Miller reports that the CIA made the request to add Tamerlan Tsarnaev's name to the terrorist database after the Russian government contacted the agency with concerns that he was associated with Chechen terrorists. About six months earlier, the FBI had separately investigated Tsarnaev, also at Russia's request, but the FBI found no ties to terrorism, the official told Miller.

The Russians tried to warn our government .... a lot of good that did

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

What is so bad about them ?

www.nytimes.com...

Citizenship doesn't matter to illegals.

Citizenship doesn't mean snip to 'terrorists'.

Hence what the DHS secretary is saying is MEANINGLESS.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Now see, this is how screwed up our system is....

DHS officials decided in recent months not to grant an application for American citizenship by Tamerlan Tsarnaev, one of two brothers suspected in the Boston Marathon bombings, after a routine background check revealed that he had been interviewed in 2011 by the F.B.I., federal officials said on Saturday.

The guy was denied citizenship but still allowed to stay in the US
Then months later the bombing happened

Well this shows me that doing background checks by DHS doesn't mean squat if the person is still going to be allowed to stay if they are denied citizenship

Makes no sense at all IMO

This whole system is messed up or maybe just lack of decisions in the DHS department

BTW, what I meant about 'so bad' was about the situation as a whole pertaining to the brothers
The FBI dropped the ball big time with that one

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
You want a background check? I'll give you all you need to know so you can just stop and not waste anymore time.

They're here illegally. The first thing they did wrong when they arrived on our soill was break the law. You don't need to look even an inch past that point. You don't need to waste another second.

What good is a law if it's not being enforced? Is not the charter of the POTUS to faithfully execute the laws of this country?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

More and more is obvious that you do not need intelligence or either brains to hold positions of power in our nation this days, as long as you suck up to the private interest running the nation, keep the "status quo" and be a yes man you can be anything in the land of welfare and police state.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The key phrase that everyone has seemed to overlook here is this part of his statement:

....granting amnesty to millions of illegal aliens in the United States could encourage terrorists among them to come out of the shadows.

He's not expecting them to voluntarily come forward. Rather, he wants to use amnesty as bait to draw them out.

Another way to look at this is using sheeple's fear of terrorism to twist things around and legalize millions of illegals -- something the current admin has been pushing for but that's not exactly a popular idea with the majority of citizens.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: halfpint0701

NO, it's the same as "if you like your plan you can keep your plan. Period."

The majority of Americans do not want criminals in our midst (illegal invaders). This administration says "no worries we are going to vet every one of them and only let the good ones in". Which means the flood gates will open to pad the Democrats voting base for decades to come.

Any idiot knows they are NOT going to background check the millions of illegals in the country prior to amnesty and they have no reason to do so afterwards (they will be citizens and it will be against their civil liberties at that point) LMAO I love how liberals operate.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Since you yelled the word "NO" at me, I'm a bit confused.

Don't we agree on the same thing -- that the Dems are getting what they want regardless of what the majority of the people want?

I just see it as them saying, "See, we can find those bad terrorists and keep you safe by granting amnesty to millions of illegals. It's all for your protection from the bad guys". It just reminds me too much of the way they use fear of terrorists to support the Patriot Act.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: halfpint0701

Sorry about that.

We just see different lies I suppose. I see them as saying "we are only giving amnesty to the good undocumented migrants" rather than being honest and saying it's a blanket amnesty for every illegal in the country. By using the BS about background checks it makes it appear as though criminals and gang members are not getting citizenship along with everyone else.

It pacifies the masses to a certain degree and sways public opinion by a few points in the polls which is all the want. They need to be able to tout around a shift in public consent to the amnesty idea.

Once the paperwork is signed and those millions have citizenship it's "no take backs", so the Dems could care less at that point what the people in America think. Same as it was with Obamacare "pass the Bill to see what's in it".

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Well the soup is getting thicker by the day.

During a House Homeland Security Committee hearing, DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson said he would do background checks on "aliens" that someday get Amnesty !!!

He wants people to come forward and be counted !!

Well hip hip hooray Jeh !!

Now realistically, *WHY* would criminals and terrorists *even* come forward ????

Geesh it's getting thick. Sad.

Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said at a House Homeland Security Committee hearing on Wednesday that granting amnesty to millions of illegal aliens in the United States could encourage terrorists among them to come out of the shadows.

“From my homeland security perspective, I want people who are living in this country undocumented to come forward, to get on the books, and subject themselves to a background check so that I can know who they are and whether it’s the current DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) program or a path to citizenship – whether it’s deferred action or earned path to citizenship. From my homeland security perspective, I want people to come forward,” Johnson said.

DHS Secretary Says He'll Do 'Background Checks' to Ensure Amnestied Illegals Won't Commit Terrorism

They Never Stop ...

They know the Public are Suckers

This is like a bad episode of the Three Stooges, after Curly and Shemp died bad. I'm sure they will go to Ferguson and practice there first.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Very naïve.
Grant amnesty and expect uprisings and revolution. That's why they stock-piles all the ammo and military garb.

top topics

join