It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERROR SUSPECT SHOT DEAD: Teen 'wanted to kill PM' - Australia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
So they had possibly raided his house just hours before their 'meeting'

“We understand that the local authorities had cancelled the passport of this young boy for no reason, keeping him a captive in his own country for no valid purpose,” Sheikh Thorne wrote. “We also understand that the police visited or raided his house (not clear yet) as he was hanging out with some friends in Hungry Jacks, just hours before his death.” “The police then requested him (or forced him) to come in for a brief meeting or questioning.”

Sheikh Thorne said Haider’s friends tried to talk him out of visiting the police station, but he said he had nothing to hide or be afraid of. “Unfortunately, our young brother went alone to meet with these “ambiguous” policemen, the violators of his privacy, and it is still unknown the details of what happened then,” he wrote. “What we are sure of though is that he was murdered in cold blood right in front of a police station, in front of a place that is supposed to be providing security and comfort to our youth.”

Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Ken Lay said the Afghani teen, a past member of radical Islamic group Al-Furqan, first came in contact with police three months ago. He said officers had previously spoken to Haider but his activities had heightened in recent weeks.
Link

Interesting! I also read earlier that young Muslims are now talking about a revolt similar too in Missouri recently, imagine the media frenzy? They would all be labelled terrorists too, it would be madness..

Young Muslims are predicting a revolt similar to the uprising in Missouri after the back teen was shot dead by police, angry at the death and claiming they are being harassed by police. Many members of the Islamic community condemned violence and extremist behaviour, saying there was both “good and bad” within the religion and the “bad” were recruiting vulnerable teens. Victoria Police have asked the media to keep private the name the officer who shot dead the terror suspect and the other officer who was also injured.
Link

A revolt?
Let them try. They'll get a Cronulla style response except about 100 times worse.

A note on the quotes from that link you posted..take a look at how they love to play the victims.
Poor little boy, the police were bullying him, cancelled his passport, raided his house, suspected him of being an extremist, so he tried to kill them with a knife and ended up dead.
Poor him, such a victim. /Not.

He got what he deserved, and I hope every other scumbag out there whose thinking of or tries to do harm in this country gets the same.

Better to put them 6 feet under, then lock them up in jail for life where us honest hard working law abiding Australians will have to foot the bill via our taxes.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

What are you on about? Your trying to make out like im on their side & im not and i have been saying on here for weeks now that if they keep going there will be another Cronulla style race riot, but it will be alot worse, just like the ex soldier that was bashed by muslims was saying in that video that went viral earlier this month.
Im just saying this time it will be different and everyone will just be going on that theyre terrorists and it will all just get mixed up and twisted by the media because everything does really, the media is loving it and the fear mongering, not trying to defend them in any way for wanting to do that and i dont see how they can justify a revolt considering it was his fault he got shot dead no one else's the cops were defending themselves but i do think how it was carried out was weird, but i think everything to do with ISIS is very weird too.
edit on 29-9-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

What are you on about? Your trying to make out like im on their side & im not and i have been saying on here for weeks now that if they keep going there will be another Cronulla style race riot, but it will be alot worse, just like the ex soldier that was bashed by muslims was saying in that video that went viral earlier this month.
Im just saying this time it will be different and everyone will just be going on that theyre terrorists and it will all just get mixed up and twisted by the media because everything does really, the media is loving it and the fear mongering, not trying to defend them in any way for wanting to do that and i dont see how they can justify a revolt considering it was his fault he got shot dead no one else's the cops were defending themselves but i do think how it was carried out was weird, but i think everything to do with ISIS is very weird too.

Well, no, I'm not making it sound like you are on their side.
I'm talking about the content of those quotes from the link you provided in your post, not you.

The fact they are making out to be victims, making out as if the scumbag shot dead by the police was a victim of some police harassment because he was muslim, and the fact these people are talking about a possible revolt by muslims in Australia, shows one thing...these people do not belong here, never have belonged here and never will belong here.

It illustrates what I was saying about assimilation, the fact they are unable to because of their culture and religion.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: mortex

Well, no, I'm not making it sound like you are on their side.
I'm talking about the content of those quotes from the link you provided in your post, not you.

The fact they are making out to be victims, making out as if the scumbag shot dead by the police was a victim of some police harassment because he was muslim, and the fact these people are talking about a possible revolt by muslims in Australia, shows one thing...these people do not belong here, never have belonged here and never will belong here.

It illustrates what I was saying about assimilation, the fact they are unable to because of their culture and religion.

Sorry i misunderstood, Yeah its ridiculous isn't it, i saw their little tribute messages too him aswell they were talking about him like he was a hero and a victim, he was in contact with ISIS ffs and they think that is ok and the cops should have just left him alone and not tried to stop him from leaving the country?!!? I understand they dont all think the same but how they got the idea heis a victim is beyond me, you can't stab 2 people and expect no response.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Sorry i misunderstood, Yeah its ridiculous isn't it, i saw their little tribute messages too him aswell they were talking about him like he was a hero and a victim, he was in contact with ISIS ffs and they think that is ok and the cops should have just left him alone and not tried to stop him from leaving the country?!!? I understand they dont all think the same but how they got the idea heis a victim is beyond me, you can't stab 2 people and expect no response.

They seem him as a hero, as a victim, and support what he was planning on doing and wanted to do, or potentially could have done, because that's their culture, their religion..that's how they are brought up.

That's the difference between our western values, beliefs, culture, and theirs.

To them, doing those things is acceptable.

To us, it's a criminal offense that authorities should throw the book at and then some.

Keep in mind that these are the people the media and politicians, in the name of political correctness, have been telling us for years are the moderate muslims who we can trust and live side by side with.
The truth is moderate islam doesn't exist. It's plainly evident for everyone to see with events like these, except the media wont touch the subject.

What all this does is highlight the point that they don't belong in the west.

South Eastern Europeans were under the oppression of Islam for centuries.
It took a huge effort by multiple nations in the region, with countless blood spilled, to free them selves from that oppression.

From that time, the core nature of Islam has not changed. Where Christianity evolved from the crusades, Islam has remained the same as it was hundreds of years ago. It has no place in a 21st century western society because it's counter to it.

I still cant wrap my head around the fact the European Union has allowed so many to flood across it's borders. But then again Western Europe is the cesspool center of left wing progressiveness. To the detriment of us all.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Another load of nonsense...

Please do not use such language, i can assure you my comment only has as much nonsense as yours does.

Yes, i would shoot the dick who is ACTIVELY stabbing me or someone else, i would shoot him with a shotgun repeatedly, i would kill him with murder as self defense. It is common sense. (damage control)

My post said nothing about responding to a person in the middle of thrusting a knife into someone. (Obvious damage control)

Properly concocted muscle relaxants and sedatives can knock out people in few moments. Only reason police does not use any now is due to them causing serious side effects, which need to be removed before it is applies again. What i do not wish is the police to always have to reach for lethal solution. Police needs to be wearing more armor, to prevent dangers like a stray bullet or a knife. If i feel protected and more secure doing my job, i will be less prone to shooting everything that looks threatening, even if it is trying to stab me with a knife, or my mate. (maximum damage control)

Lethal solution for immediate danger to others, non-lethal if there are any other circumstances. The 2012 Judge Dredd movie has my idea of police but without the cubes. (Damage control complete)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Heruactic

originally posted by: hellobruce

Another load of nonsense...

Please do not use such language, i can assure you my comment only has as much nonsense as yours does.

Yes, i would shoot the dick who is ACTIVELY stabbing me or someone else, i would shoot him with a shotgun repeatedly, i would kill him with murder as self defense. It is common sense. (damage control)

My post said nothing about responding to a person in the middle of thrusting a knife into someone. (Obvious damage control)

Properly concocted muscle relaxants and sedatives can knock out people in few moments. Only reason police does not use any now is due to them causing serious side effects, which need to be removed before it is applies again. What i do not wish is the police to always have to reach for lethal solution. Police needs to be wearing more armor, to prevent dangers like a stray bullet or a knife. If i feel protected and more secure doing my job, i will be less prone to shooting everything that looks threatening, even if it is trying to stab me with a knife, or my mate. (maximum damage control)

Lethal solution for immediate danger to others, non-lethal if there are any other circumstances. The 2012 Judge Dredd movie has my idea of police but without the cubes. (Damage control complete)

That guy wouldn't have been shot dead if he didn't try and kill the two police officers.
And you have to assume that his intent was murder. Who brings a knife to a meeting where the purpose is to have a chat? Someone with intent.

I'm not one to advocate police shooting people, but I'm glad that the shots fired at this individual killed him.
We don't need people like that in Australia.

It's sad for his family, but maybe now they will evaluate what their religion is teaching them. But I have a feeling instead of pointing the finger within their own community, they will point it at authorities.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

Like a big PLAN you mean?
Divided by progressive laws that favor feelings over logic?
Crazy people showing up all the time now?
They call us paranoid for that.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Keep in mind that these are the people the media and politicians, in the name of political correctness, have been telling us for years are the moderate muslims who we can trust and live side by side with. The truth is moderate islam doesn't exist. It's plainly evident for everyone to see with events like these, except the media wont touch the subject.

Oh yeah ofcourse the media wont touch it they are too scared they will offend them, thats one thing i know for sure, but they can offend us however much they want though and attack and harm our people and then still play the victim its a joke. . Everything offends them too like even Australia Day, we cant have anything anymore our traditions all have to be altered to please them, i have met some that are totally fine and nice people and they tend to point out the good points of the religion which made me think well its not that much different to christianity which i would consider fairly peacefull but the more i dig in to their religion and learn im just like wtf?? i feel a bit stupid aswell, but im not really in to religion so don't always take the time to learn a great deal about it.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Yeah like a big plan! They call us paranoid for everything that we disagree with them on.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

More nonsense from you, you said

Proper response is to shoot the assailant in the legs.

So according to you the proper response to someone stabbing you is to shoot them in the legs.... which is just nonsense.

Properly concocted muscle relaxants and sedatives can knock out people in few moments

Not when fired into them, so mor5e nonsense from you.

Only reason police does not use any now is due to them causing serious side effects

The major side effect of them is that they do not work like you claim.

The 2012 Judge Dredd movie

Oh dear, "I saw it in a movie so it must be true"! ROTFLMAO.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

In America it's called mostly racism.
So people have excuses to do stupid things with their skin.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

No you wouldn't. You would freeze, or as we say in Australia, sh** your dacks.

Unless you were a fully trained and competent police officer or soldier. Or part of some notorious organized crime gang that is ultra violent and known for using firearms.
You would freeze.
You will not react the way you claim you would in your post.

Real life isn't Call of Duty.

Never mind that you can't walk around with a firearm of any kind in Australia, unless licensed for a specific and valid reason. And law enforcement do not walk around with shot guns. And if you are licensed for a shot gun, it has to be locked securely in an appropriate locker in your home, or secured properly in your vehicle if you are transporting it to a firing range/club meet etc.

My personal opinion is that you have no idea what you are talking about.
And that's without touching the bits about police and sedative use..

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I just noticed which forum i was in, so yeah. You are right i have no idea what i am talking about. Why would i have a shotgun? Why would i be stabbed in the first place? Why would does an Australian person know how i would react?
Well it really DEPENDS. everything depends of everything. 1- in my posts i only talk about police and not myself regardless of my wording. 2 - My post was about general ideas to brainstorm about. If you put down any idea because you personally think its nonesense, you should not be posting on a public forum. 3 - just because i saw something in the movie doesn't mean # cause i was using it as an example of my idea where it concerns for police officers being overgeared for any situation as those hypothetical fantasy "Judge" characters from a non-real movie. 4 - i am hungry. 5 - having been stabbed myself i concur that since i am not trained for stuff like that it It hurt like hell and i was lucky that the guy did not keep on stabbing me. I was more concerned with the pain then thinking how to fight back. All he wanted was the 16 dollars and a gym membership card in my wallet... could have just asked.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I just noticed which forum i was in, so yeah. You are right i have no idea what i am talking about. Why would i have a shotgun? Why would i be stabbed in the first place? Why would does an Australian person know how i would react?
Well it really DEPENDS. everything depends of everything. 1- in my posts i only talk about police and not myself regardless of my wording. 2 - My post was about general ideas to brainstorm about. If you put down any idea because you personally think its nonesense, you should not be posting on a public forum. 3 - just because i saw something in the movie doesn't mean # cause i was using it as an example of my idea where it concerns for police officers being overgeared for any situation as those hypothetical fantasy "Judge" characters from a non-real movie. 4 - i am hungry. 5 - having been stabbed myself i concur that since i am not trained for stuff like that it It hurt like hell and i was lucky that the guy did not keep on stabbing me. I was more concerned with the pain then thinking how to fight back. All he wanted was the 16 dollars and a gym membership card in my wallet... could have just asked.

WTH..that post hurts my eyes and brain trying to read and understand.

I'm saying you have no idea because you said if someone was coming at you with a knife stabbing you, you would shoot them with a shotgun repeatedly.
Even if you were a trained police officer, you wouldn't. Because they don't carry them obviously.
And even if they did, it's not a movie where actors shoot them non stop without reloading shells. In real life, in what we are allowed to legally own if we are licensed in Australia in general, you have your two chambers, and each has a shell. When you fire those two off, you have to reload. It's not a simple process of dropping a 'clip' like in the movies, and slamming a new one in, while the bad guy/zombie has barely moved 5 centimeters in the whole time.

How are police over geared? I've got no idea what you are talking about. First post it sounded like you were saying they needed more gear now it sounds like you are saying they have too much.

Have you seen what sort of high powered weapons they have busted the bikies and other organized crime gangs with? There's people out there who are being paid to make their own assault rifles and sub machine guns as well.

Police are equipped with body armor and high powered weapons(well some are), and tactical vehicles like the Bearcat, because it's about their preservation in the line of duty. They have families too. And even if they don't, they deserve and have the right to go to work and go home safe in one piece at the end of their shift like the rest of us.
You wouldn't work in a factory without the right PPE would you. Why should it be any different for the police? Their PPE obviously is going to be a little different to safety boots and safety glasses.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
You guys are only allowed double barrelleed shotguns, and no pump shotguns?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
You guys are only allowed double barrelleed shotguns, and no pump shotguns?

Well you can, technically, but it's highly restricted and controlled. I, as a member of the public who has no valid use for a pump action shot gun, can not walk in to a gun store with my license, and buy one.
Who can own guns, what sort of guns, is tightly controlled.
You can't just go to a gun store and buy a gun. You need to be licensed. It takes months to get your license, and you have to do a course, at your expense of course.
Safe to say it's not a high priority for Police to be issuing gun licenses. Your application sits at the bottom of their pile of paperwork. And if you call up and ask how your application is progressing or why it's taking so long, well, your file gets moved right to the bottom.

Having said that though, besides the time, cost and hassle, there's nothing stopping you from getting your gun license, and buying a Cat A gun. Just don't expect to walk out of the store with your gun. It has to undergo checks by the police etc, before it's yours to go collect from the store.

However despite the increased gun control measures, there are just as many guns in the publics hands in Australia as there were before the gun control laws were introduced by John Howard.
And to top that off, it's very easy to get your hands on an illegal firearm. Hand guns are available for $100 on the black market.
Of course the hand gun you get has probably been used in a number of robberies, drive by shootings, etc, so you are taking a huge risk.

Category A: Rimfire rifles (not semi-automatic), shotguns (not pump-action or semi-automatic), air rifles, and paintball markers. A "Genuine Reason" must be provided for a Category A firearm.

Category B: Centrefire rifles (not semi-automatic), muzzleloading firearms made after 1 January 1901. Apart from a "Genuine Reason", a "Genuine Need" must be demonstrated, including why a Category A firearm would not be suitable.

Category C: Self loading rimfire rifles holding 10 or fewer rounds and pump-action or self loading shotguns holding 5 or fewer rounds. Category C firearms are strongly restricted: only primary producers, occupational shooters, collectors and some clay target shooters can own functional Category C firearms.

Category D: Self loading centrefire rifles, pump-action or self loading shotguns holding more than 5 rounds. Functional Category D firearms are restricted to government agencies and a few occupational shooters. Collectors may own deactivated Category D firearms.

Category H: Handguns including air pistols and deactivated handguns. Neither SA nor WA require deactivated handguns to be regarded as handguns after deactivation. This situation[when?] was the catalyst in QLD for the deactivation and diversion of thousands of handguns to the black-market[vague] – the loophole[which?] shut since 2001) This class is available to target shooters and certain security guards where your job requires possession of a firearm. To be eligible for a Category H firearm, a target shooter must serve a probationary period of 12 months the first 6 months using club handguns, then in the remainder of the last 6 month probationary license, an application may be made, permit to acquire for one air pistol OR one rimfire pistol. A minimum number of matches yearly to retain each category of handgun and be a financial member of an approved Pistol Club.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join