It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERROR SUSPECT SHOT DEAD: Teen 'wanted to kill PM' - Australia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: James1970
This is Terror directed At Australian Muslims

FFS Aussies, what ever happened to a Fair Go?

How do you come to that conclusion.

He comes to them and attacks first and to you, that's terror directed at Muslims?

What about that kid that got caught yelling death threats at two christian schools?

What would you call that?

Self defence?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

let me brake this down for you...you live in the blue mountains do u not?

Only for the last 10 months, I spent 34 years in Sydney prior to that.

you have little to no muslim community in your local area...so where do you get you news from....?

Actually I live next door to a lovely Muslim couple - and I get my news from Internet, TV and Radio. You are COMPLETELY WRONG on both counts.

you have made a decision to vilify individuals and an entire community based on your limited beliefs ..

WRONG for the reasons outlined above.

[SNIP]

You really are grasping at straws aren't you? You have made a whole post full of wrong assumptions while I have spoken nothing but truth.
edit on 24/9/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/24/2014 by kosmicjack because: removed OT content

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Popular

Is it the Society of Geanology?

Please, enlighten me..

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

Is it the Society of Geanology?

Please, enlighten me..

I was going with "Sons of Guns".....or "Sheep and Goats" lol.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

(post by Kryties removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Right, we call them TRG (Tactical Response Group) in Western Australia.

I don't get your point though, because the SOG exists, that's proof of militarisation Australian police?

So they've been militarised since 1977 when the SOG was formed??

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This is the topic:

TERROR SUSPECT SHOT DEAD: Teen 'wanted to kill PM' - Australia

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
So they had possibly raided his house just hours before their 'meeting'

“We understand that the local authorities had cancelled the passport of this young boy for no reason, keeping him a captive in his own country for no valid purpose,” Sheikh Thorne wrote. “We also understand that the police visited or raided his house (not clear yet) as he was hanging out with some friends in Hungry Jacks, just hours before his death.” “The police then requested him (or forced him) to come in for a brief meeting or questioning.”

Sheikh Thorne said Haider’s friends tried to talk him out of visiting the police station, but he said he had nothing to hide or be afraid of. “Unfortunately, our young brother went alone to meet with these “ambiguous” policemen, the violators of his privacy, and it is still unknown the details of what happened then,” he wrote. “What we are sure of though is that he was murdered in cold blood right in front of a police station, in front of a place that is supposed to be providing security and comfort to our youth.”

Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Ken Lay said the Afghani teen, a past member of radical Islamic group Al-Furqan, first came in contact with police three months ago. He said officers had previously spoken to Haider but his activities had heightened in recent weeks.
Link

Interesting! I also read earlier that young Muslims are now talking about a revolt similar too in Missouri recently, imagine the media frenzy? They would all be labelled terrorists too, it would be madness..

Young Muslims are predicting a revolt similar to the uprising in Missouri after the back teen was shot dead by police, angry at the death and claiming they are being harassed by police. Many members of the Islamic community condemned violence and extremist behaviour, saying there was both “good and bad” within the religion and the “bad” were recruiting vulnerable teens. Victoria Police have asked the media to keep private the name the officer who shot dead the terror suspect and the other officer who was also injured.
Link
edit on 24-9-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Regardless of WHY the teen was asked to come, he turned up with a knife, stabbed the officers and got shot dead for it.

It's really that simple folks - don't stab policemen and you won't get shot.
edit on 24/9/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
Regardless of WHY the teen was asked to come, he turned up with a knife, stabbed the officers and got shot dead for it.

It's really that simple folks - don't stab policemen and you won't get shot.

Yeah obviously, and i agree but the point of a thread is to discuss it? Because its just not that cut and dry, its not that simple because theres alot more to the story than that, alot more like this

HE 18-year-old Islamic terrorist shot dead by police after his frenzied knife attack on two counter- terrorism officers had recently contacted jihadists in Iraq and Syria, prompting authorities to cancel his passport last week. The Daily Telegraph can confirm Abdul Numan Haider had been picked up in the intelligence sweep of “chatter” about ­potential threats to Parliament House, and he had been following the movements of government officials online, including PM Tony Abbott.
Link

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Good riddance to bad rubbish. No sympathy here at all for criminals and murderers.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
He's a POS, good riddance from the world. Usually I am against the Empire but in this case, he can die with no tears.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The cops are just walking nerve-wrecks. Sure they are in a lot of danger on the job, but it does not give excuses. Proper response is to shoot the assailant in the legs. The Shock from getting shot takes care of the opening to subdue the person. A close range non-lethal gun that fires shotgun pellets in spread that have a paralyzing agent in them. If something in a size of a dart can drop a tiger in seconds, it should bring down a common guy.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Heruactic
Proper response is to shoot the assailant in the legs.

So someone is stabbing you, having just seriously wounded your mate, and you want the police to try and shoot him in the legs, whilst he continues to stab you....

How stupid is that!

that have a paralyzing agent in them. If something in a size of a dart can drop a tiger in seconds,

Another load of nonsense, what makes you think a dart can drop a tiger in seconds?

So while you wait for this mythical "paralyzing agent" to work, you continue to get stabbed.... but that is ok to you, as long as you do not hurt the criminal scum!

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm a bit confused as to why he's holding the wrong flag. Every article I've seen says he's brandishing an Islamic State flag, but a quick image search appears to show me that it is in fact Saudi Arabia's national flag.

Am I missing something?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Aussies in my particular area are finally becoming fed up with these social misfits!
As a rule it takes a fair bit to upset on aussie unless its to steal his beer or criticize his footy team, recently i have noticed a change in perception and therefore a reduced level of tolerance toward muslims and their attempts to constantly play the victim card.
This particular youth is dead because of his own actions. No sympathy!
To be honest, i have been anti islam for twenty odd years, and friends often disagree with me on such matters.
Now, finally the general public are beginning to tire of muslims hate speach, threats of retaliation and general abuse of our liberties.
Lets simplify this issue; whether muslims consider themselves moderate, fundamental or extremist they all desire one thing! Implementation of sharia law in non muslim nations!
WARNING! Muslims of Australia, the true peace loving people of this great nation are finally learning the truth behind your death cult.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: lestweforget

Don't hold back Mate.
Tell us how you Really feel.
Stop beating around the Bush.
I hate it when people speak in Riddles.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Popular

I'm not buying this for one minute.. AFP officers would not "ring and ask" a supposed 'terror suspect' to come meet them at a local police station, they would be raided, doors kicked in and everyone arrested.. this is very fishy. This happened 20 minutes from where I live.. not fun to see whatever is going down so close to your own backyard.

So you are an expert and have experience in how the police conduct their operations?

For your information, it is actually a very routine thing to ask a person of interest to come in and have a chat.
Police forces all across Australia do this. Cant speak for other countries because I don't know.
But here in Australia, that is actually VERY normal and routine.

Police can't kick your door in and arrest you, just to bring you in to talk to you.
They will either turn up at your house, or ask you to pay them a visit at the station those officers are located.

What happened a few weeks earlier, across Sydney and Brisbane, where nearly 1,000 state and federal police were involved in raids, is what happens when they have intelligence that you are a threat. That's when doors get kicked in.
Doors do not get kicked in just so they can talk to you.

Stop living in fantasy land.

I don't know what's a bigger tragedy, the fact that sick individuals like the guy who got shot dead by the police exist in Australia today, or the fact there's sick people out there who seek to use these events to peddle their ignorance filled theories.

The real world is not a Hollywood movie or the latest police action drama series from America.

I for one am glad our local and federal law enforcement and security agencies are working together to stop these people.
Anyone who thinks that there isn't a threat out there, in our suburbs, is delusional and ignorant.

My advice..try get a job in law enforcement, and you'll soon understand the threats are real. But then again some of you probably think we live in the matrix and nothing is real.

The threats exist. The radical Islamic preachers exist. The lone wolf threats exist.
Nevermind all the psycho groups overseas, the threat here is individuals and small groups of Muslims who have a deep hatred for this country(and the west in general), people who despise us, our way of life, our customs and traditions, and who want to see things like sharia law introduced.

It's about time Australia in general woke up to the threat Islam poses. Not just the violent terrorism threat, but the threat over all.

Anyone noticed how so many food products now are labelled as Hallal? Do you think if you went to the Middle East, that they would accommodate you in such a way? In Adelaide I think it was, one Muslim university lecturer was calling on governments to introduce and make it mandatory to have "muslim toilets" in all public buildings..you know, the holes in the ground instead of our traditional toilet bowls/seats. Apparently some buildings are already fitted out with these.

These people do NOT integrate. They do NOT assimilate. They do NOT belong here.

This isn't about being racist, tolerant, etc.
This is about facing facts.
These people have nothing in common with us besides what make us humans.
Culturally they are the opposite to us. They don't assimilate and don't integrate because THEY CANT.
Their culture, their religion, prevents them from doing so.
Either they 100% adopt Australian/Western culture and values, and way of life and assimilate into our societies, or they keep their own and don't assimilate and become a problem for western societies down the track.

I said many years ago, that we would have big problems with all this Muslim migration into our country.
Not because I hate muslims, but because I recognize that we are not compatible with them in the same society, living side by side.

What's been going on has been happening for years now, it's getting worse, and it's starting to see the light of day because of all the terrorism fears and threats.

We keep getting this multiculturalism crap shoved down our throats.
Sorry but multiculturalism doesn't work. It's destined to fail and destroy societies.

When south eastern Europeans migrated to Australia decades ago, that was hailed as some multicultural success.
Problem there was that it wasn't a different culture overall. South eastern Europeans are similar and share a lot in common with Anglo-Saxons and other Europeans. Culturally, way of life, religious, either the same or very similar.
The only barrier that was in the way of assimilation and integration into Australian society was the language barrier, and that was over come, because importantly those people who came over wanted to work and wanted to make Australia their new home.

Whereas these other people coming over now, Muslims, they don't have the same values and ethics/morals as Europeans. They will never assimilate because their culture and religion prevents that from happening.

I'll give you an example. Go to any major sporting event in general, do you see many muslims? Easy to spot them, just look for the women wearing the head gear.
You'll be lucky if you see more then you can count on your hands.

Whereas the southern Europeans who came over, they went to all these things. They assimilated into Australian society. They didn't expect Australian society to change and adapt for them. That's the difference.

The Greeks, Italians, Yugoslavs, etc who came over decades ago, like my grand parents, came here to make a new life. They had work ethic.
They didn't expect the government to hand them anything. They didn't ask for anything. They got nothing.
Instead, what they did was they got cracking and didn't look back. My parents worked their asses off too. During the week I was basically raised by my grand parents. Only really saw my parents during the weekends when I was a kid. Because my parents were working to provide a better life for me then they had growing up in war torn Europe.
Sure there was racism from some people against them. But such people exist everywhere.

There's many people of Greek or Italian or Serb/Croat background who are successful in Australia.
From sporting stars to actors to musicians to television presenters to business people to politicians.
You name it, they've worked hard and made it. They've contributed in a big way to Australia. And they all got their through sheer hard work and determination.
Unlike most muslim migrants. Who either expect hand outs from the government, or expect to be employed because they are a minority.

As the grandson of immigrants from Europe, it sickens me and disturbs me what this country has become, what it is being turned into, by these sick and twisted people from the Middle East with their backwards and deplorable religion and culture.

We even have prime time television shows which feature muslims, or disturbed left wingers, being apologetic for Islamist extremists overseas. The Project on channel 10 is a prime example of this.

Disgusting.

Give me back the Australia I grew up in.
A time when we could walk the streets without fear.
A time when we could trust our neighbor even if they were a different ethnicity.
A time when the people who came here, came here because they wanted to start a new life, and wanted to work hard to achieve that.
A time when Australian was Australia, and if you didn't like it get stuffed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join