It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERROR SUSPECT SHOT DEAD: Teen 'wanted to kill PM' - Australia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

A TERROR suspect, 18, walked in to his local police station for what was supposed to be an 'amicable discussion'. Within minutes, two officers had been stabbed and the young man was dead.

TERROR SUSPECT SHOT DEAD: Teen 'wanted to kill PM' - Australia

I'm not buying this for one minute.. AFP officers would not "ring and ask" a supposed 'terror suspect' to come meet them at a local police station, they would be raided, doors kicked in and everyone arrested.. this is very fishy. This happened 20 minutes from where I live.. not fun to see whatever is going down so close to your own backyard.
edit on 23-9-2014 by Popular because: typo's

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I hope the Federal Police officer has a speedy recovery. I'm glad the Jihad supporter was shot dead, that is one less we have to worry about. Absolutely zero compassion from me.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Popular
Im not buying it either. ... no way would this of happened like what we're being told. ....biggest raids in history last week. .. and then some cops invite a suspect for a little chat on the door step of the station? ??
I calling BS!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Seems to me like this is an event that will set Australia up for some kind of retaliation, especially with the 'teen' word being thrown in there to make it more sensationalised, it seems so unrealistic for the AFP to do this, i would have thought that they would have handled it in a more professional manner and raided the teens house and gathered evidence rather than just meet him for a friendly chat! Im not buying it either!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
i can hear those war drums getting louder and louder.....place your bets here as to how long until our military get involved.....

something stinks alright...since when do the police invite a terror suspect to the station for a friendly chat...hmmmm

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
i can hear those war drums getting louder and louder.....place your bets here as to how long until our military get involved.....

something stinks alright...since when do the police invite a terror suspect to the station for a friendly chat...hmmmm

Perhaps the task force is worried about upsetting the muslim community further, so they were being lenient with the young terrorist sympathizer. What sort of a bloody idiot goes walking into a cop shop armed and then stabs two cops multiple times? What if the home terror threat is indeed real?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy
I am going to go out on a limb and guess someone that don't like cops very much, and didn't care whether they live or die.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Im sure he wasnt a terrorist but simply a troubled youth.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatientZero

Exactly the type that firebrand Imams target for radicalization and become indoctrinated into Islamic extremism and Jihad.

From the link in the opening post,

.He was believed to be under investigation for threats against the Prime Minister and Mr Lay confirmed police had information the fanatic had been seen waving Islamic State flags at a local shopping centre.

edit on 23-9-2014 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatientZero

That thought crossed my mind too, maybe he was just troubled and wanted to do something to be recognised, young people do stupid stuff i know i did (nothing that bad though just to clarify lol) , they can't think rationally about things though or about consequences, also ISIS obviously looks just great in the eyes of some young people especially in his age group so that makes him a good target for them to use in a plot like this if say they set themselves up for it, being that its so bizarre for them to do this so IF this is all just an attempt to make us scared and to enforce more security on us or something more sinister then that makes sense too me. Who knows all i know is its pretty sad that i dont know whether to trust my government or our police or not and that i am doubting their actions etc.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

Perhaps the task force is worried about upsetting the muslim community further, so they were being lenient with the young terrorist sympathizer. What sort of a bloody idiot goes walking into a cop shop armed and then stabs two cops multiple times? What if the home terror threat is indeed real?

he most likely put up some rant on facebook and that is how he came under suspicion...and as far as what kind of bloody idiot walks into a cop armed and stabs two cops...i would say one that didnt care whether he lived or died and was looking to make a statement on the way out and his level of intelligence must have been quite low you do not take a knife to a gun fight...the cops were lucky he didnt walk strapped with explosives....

the home terror threat may be real but that may be said for more than just muslims...there are plenty of people that are getting angrier with the divide between the rich and poor,losing faith in governments and just plain having nothing to lose....i have been saying for a while now that it seems likely that civil unrest will be a part of the not too distant future,not just in this country but world wide...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
And now the bull# media spin starts,

And Victoria Police chief commissioner Ken Lay says he does not believe the death has anything to do with a chilling Islamic State call-to-arms in recent days encouraging supporters to launch terror attacks in their home countries.

Read more: www.theage.com.au... HqZ

While a related news story from the same paper,

When Haider was searched he was found to be carrying a larger knife and an Islamic State flag.
Police believe the plan was to follow instructions from the international terror group Islamic State and behead the officers, cover the bodies in the flag and then take photos to post via the internet.

Read more: www.theage.com.au... 0lb4i.html#ixzz3ECfpSxWM

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

CALLS TO ATTACK POLICE
The unexpected attack on two police officers follows the release of a propaganda video by terror outfit Islamic State urging followers to target police in Australia.
In the video released online Monday, IS spokesman Abu Muhammad al-Adnani, encouraged Muslims to kill “disbelievers” in countries including Australia “in any manner”.
IS URGES MUSLIMS TO KILL AUSTRALIAN ‘UNBELIEVERS’
The 42-minute rant included an order to “strike their police, security and intelligence members, as well as their treacherous agents”.

“If you can kill a disbelieving American or European — especially the spiteful and filthy French — or an Australian, or a Canadian, or any other disbeliever from the disbelievers waging war, including the citizens of the countries that entered into a coalition against the Islamic State … kill him in any manner or way however it may be,” Adnani is heard saying, according to an English translation of the script.
Professor Greg Barton of the Global Terrorism Research Centre told news.com.au the video was “a game-changer”.
“It confirms the strategies we’ve been working on are correct, it’s a pep talk to rally their troops and this is confirmation of the way Islamic state is moving, towards direct attacks and very real threats here in Australia,” he said.
The threat to police officers prompted Queensland Police Commisioner Ian Stewart to announce he would review Queensland Police Service strategies
“As a result of this, we will now reassess, as we do every time there is a specific threat, and review our strategies,” he told The Courier-Mail.

Mainstream Media.

edit on 23-9-2014 by Popular because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Oh look, another "I hate the police" thread.

There's a photo of the kid holding the terrorist flag, and asking suspects down to the station is SOP most of the time.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
What can be confirmed (I guess) is that 2 officers are now in hospital with knife wounds received at the hand of the accused. If he'd lived, he could have quite conceivably plead insanity...you really do have to be insane to carry a knife to a police station...so, troubled youth?

A99

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Im not buying it either.
2nd.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Spruce

Yeah, you go inside and ask for the officer at the desk and let them know you're there so they can come get you.. they NEVER meet you out the front of the police station.. if you're going to comment, at least speak the truth.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Think about these;

He had written on his Facebook page he believed AFP officers and ASIO agents were “dogs” who were declaring war on Muslims and Islam and posted images of himself standing proudly with an Islamic flag and in military gear.

Absolutely no proof (as far as I can find) to the claims that he had written anything like that on his Facebook account (which appears to be disabled/non existent) at the moment. Neither of the images showing him with the flag or military gear appear to show any evidence toward them being posted on Facebook. They could have been found at his residence when it was searched.

Mr Lay said there was no plan to arrest the man last night.
“We needed to have a chat to him about a couple of issues and we just wanted to test some of his thinking,” he said.

Endeavour Hills Police station (as well as every other VICPOL station) have CCTV cameras at the front entrance as well as around different sections of their buildings. Where's the footage of the supposed meeting and surprise attack against the AFP/VICPOL member(s)?

“This has been a confronting reminder to all police members about the stark realities and dangers that can present themselves at a moment’s notice.”

One would assume that every person serving in the Police force would have a clear understanding of how dangerous their job COULD be from day to day. All this sounds like is that they are going to receive extra powers because of this and the public are going to be the ones to suffer in the long run.

“The individual who has died, was invited and did come of his own free will to the police station,’’ he said.
“Our members had no inkling that this individual posed a threat to them. As far as we are concerned it was going to an amicable discussion about that individual’s behaviour.
“It is absolutely clear to us our members really had no choice other than to act in the way in which they did.”

So the dead kid who was under suspicion of some type of terrorist activities no matter how great or small, who had his passpost seized/house searched and subsequently shot dead by one bullet (which is hilarious because VICPOL members are well known for pumping 6 bullets into young teens brandishing knives (see 'Tyler Cassidy') posed ABSOLUTELY no threat to a Counter-terrorism fed and a member of the Victorian Police? Okay.

The threat to police officers prompted Queensland Police Commisioner Ian Stewart to announce he would review Queensland Police Service strategies
“As a result of this, we will now reassess, as we do every time there is a specific threat, and review our strategies,” he told The Courier-Mail.
Following last night’s incident, the Queensland Police union has demanded more protection.
Union boss Ian Leavers urging the commissioner to let officers make applications to take their guns from work if they feel they are at threat.
“[Police] need to be able to protect themselves and others. If another act was to occur while they are on or off duty they have an obligation to defend people,” he told AAP.

*Cough* cue militarisation of Aussie cops *Cough*

Here's some new updated articles relating to the deceased kid.

Romance had ended for teen shot dead by police Numan Haider at Endeavour Hills police station

POLICE searched the home of terror suspect Numan Haider just hours before he was shot dead last night, it has been claimed.

edit on 24-9-2014 by Popular because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

When Haider was searched he was found to be carrying a larger knife and an Islamic State flag. Police believe the plan was to follow instructions from the international terror group Islamic State and behead the officers, cover the bodies in the flag and then take photos to post via the internet.

from your post...

that must be the most retarded thing i have ever read in my life...is this really what we can expect from the officers of the law.....they suspected they were going to have their heads cut off ....so the
invited him in for a friendly chat.....really...i mean really!!!...who makes these statements ? or do media just run their own stories without any kind of consultation....or does no one care because the sheep believe what they are told on the 6 oclock news and that is all that matters.....

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

they suspected they were going to have their heads cut off ....so the police invited him in for a friendly chat

What garbage are you making up now? The police had no idea at all that he was a nutter - they simply asked him in for a chat.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join