It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

45 liters of live Polio virus released into Belgian rivers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
why does a large segment of ATS seem to be ignoring the fact that the leak passed through a sewerage treatment works before entering the river network ?

if you don't think this fact is critical to the story - please google Sir Joseph William Bazalgette

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I've come to the conclusion that the word: mistake is being used in most cover ups.
And: coincidence.

They are in fact trick words for the media to put people a sleep.
Nothing to worry about ... it was a coincidence / mistake ... sleep tight...walk on...

How did the Belgium authorities know about this accident? Where to noticed just after the *oops* (sorry but I just released about 11 gallons of live poliovirus)
Why the h*** is this plant conveniently situated in the east near a river and near a treatmentplant?

Again:
Why would a pharmaceutical company be able to dispose off anything in free nature?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Daalder

It's 20 soda bottles worth of contaminant.

20 soda bottles.

A sense of proportion is lacking throughout this thread. Seems like a lot of folks are more interested in weaving this into their grand conspiratorial narrative than looking at it for what it is.
edit on 25-9-2014 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Still not any clue? I find it interesting how you throw out your words and then tell someone else to "expand your imagination" while you thumb-measured your own response out of nothing

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

Still not any clue? I find it interesting how you throw out your words and then tell someone else to "expand your imagination" while you thumb-measured your own response out of nothing

well BA they sound like fighting words!!!

if you think it is ok to dispose of any kind of nasty in the waterways of this world you are quite simply part of the problem...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I never said its ok, but nice try to evade the true issue. The only thing I said is what you quoted and you&me know damn good why you do not adress what I wrote. Instead you´re trying to put words in my mouth, that move said everything about your thinking process.
Do you have any numbers to quote for your bald statement? You said it would be cheaper to pay the fine, if so then back it up.
You are quite simply part of the problem "hearsay"

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

As reported to ECDC by Belgian authorities, on 2 September 2014, following a human error, 45 litres of concentrated live polio virus solution were released into the environment by the pharmaceutical company, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), in Rixensart city, Belgium. The liquid was conducted directly to a water-treatment plant (Rosieres) and released after treatment in river Lasne affluent of river Dyle which is affluent of the Escaut/Scheldt river. Belgium’s High Council of Public Health conducted a risk assessment that concluded that the risk of infection for the population exposed to the contaminated water is extremely low due to the high level of dilution and the high vaccination coverage (95%) in Belgium.

Seems to me the liquid was poored down a drain or sewer located at the company which logically runs to a water treatment plant, like all sewers do.

Like the qoute says, the level of dilution is so astronomically high that contamination is negligable.

edit on 27-9-2014 by AntiDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Daalder

I've come to the conclusion that the word: mistake is being used in most cover ups. And: coincidence.

What cover up? If they released it on purpose for a nefarious reason and they don't want people to know, then why was this news released?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
I never said its ok, but nice try to evade the true issue. The only thing I said is what you quoted and you&me know damn good why you do not adress what I wrote. Instead you´re trying to put words in my mouth, that move said everything about your thinking process.
Do you have any numbers to quote for your bald statement? You said it would be cheaper to pay the fine, if so then back it up.
You are quite simply part of the problem "hearsay"

really...go take your meds and calm down.......the point really is how is ok to be dumping any kind of toxin in the rivers....the amount is really quite irrelevant ...yes some toxins are worse than others.....what i cannot get aroung is thinking like yours......you think i am the problem because i dont like dirty polluting scumbags....i think you are part of the problem because you seem to think it is ok

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

really...go take your meds and calm down.......the point really is how is ok to be dumping any kind of toxin in the rivers...

It seems like you were discussing wether or not it was cheaper to pay a fine then paying for a correct disposal.

You obviously don't want to answer and you are basically using an ad hominum attack while moving the goal posts.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AntiDude

really...go take your meds and calm down.......the point really is how is ok to be dumping any kind of toxin in the rivers...

It seems like you were discussing wether or not it was cheaper to pay a fine then paying for a correct disposal.

You obviously don't want to answer and you are basically using an ad hominum attack while moving the goal posts.

whatever you reckon....i dont care how many litres were dumped whether that was 1 or 100 or 10000....it was too much...the fine should not relate to the amount it should be a flat rate of a billion dollars.....people are unaware of the damage we are causing the rivers and oceans that one day it will bite us all in the ass...maybe i should have been clearer in my original posts

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Mass death is an effective way to reduce the population. I didn't say otherwise. However polio is not always fatal. It often just leaves a victim with weakens legs. AKA a further burden on society if you will. In other instances it takes decades to kill AKA a further burden on society. It's not an effective way to reduce any population and enmass would produce burdens to the already taxed social security in any nation. My reply regarding nonpassive birth control answered a question on population control if such a plan exists . I don't think so but if there is a question plaguing governments it certainly is population control and birth control that is unavoidable would do it without the barbaric idea that governments wish to kill off their own citizens. Of course this being a conspiracy theory website the whole idea of big bad government with a pistol to the heads of the masses is going to be much more popular than birth control. Kind of as was demonstrated by you...reply to: Sabiduria

edit on PM000000300000000993948302014-09-27T21:48:54-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Where did you get the idea that people with polio don't tend to have children?
a reply to: Sabiduria

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

My sentiments exactly.

What surprises me the most is that folks actually believe it when it's announced to be an accident!

Did it every occur to them that this is being done on purpose?

There is a philosophy amongst world string pullers that the average man will find just too horrible to comprehend, yet it exists and it shapes our modern world. There is no official version of this philosophy and I don't think it is taught anywhere at universities. Students seem to arrive at it through a natural path. Hegelianism it is not, neither is it pure Utilitarianism. The Nazi's called it "Life unworthy of life". Let me simply call it "The Philosophy of the Useless Eaters".

The Philosophy of the Useless Eaters

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

They already are using birth control to help reduce population, they are releasing a microchip contraceptive for the ladies in a couple years and the year after that they are releasing a male contraceptive.

When people disagree with a statement, they usually skip parts of what was said. Kind of as was demonstrated by you. You completely skipped the part where I said that people with polio can't reproduce so yes it is still effective in reducing populations even though people aren't dropping like flies.

It doesn't matter if making a person sick causes them to go onto welfare, if that was the case, people wouldn't be sick. People wouldn't be on welfare, the government would be helping them to get a job so they can be working again and contributing to society. Is that happening? No. Government doesn't give a rats a$$ about you unless you go against them. Another way I know they don't care is that the number one goal of U.S corporations is to make money above all else. It doesn't matter if things like cars are defective & unsafe, they won't do a recall unless: the number of vehicles in the field, the probable rate of failure, and the average out-of-court settlement. Multiplying all those together and if that cost is less than the cost of a recall, a recall will not happen.

Taking into consideration other times that the U.S government has done harmful things to the public like MK Ultra, the horrible & inhumane testing of African Americans infect with syphilis, plus God knows what else, it would not surprise me if the dumping of the live polio virus wasn't an accident.
edit on 9 28 2014 by Sabiduria because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

It is conceivable that an inability to obtain a natural erection, sufficient for normal penetrative sexual intercourse, might occur as a result of residual nerve effects from a polio infection that has caused paralysis symptoms.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

whatever you reckon....i dont care how many litres were dumped whether that was 1 or 100 or 10000....it was too much...the fine should not relate to the amount it should be a flat rate of a billion dollars.....people are unaware of the damage we are causing the rivers and oceans that one day it will bite us all in the ass...maybe i should have been clearer in my original posts

I don't disagree with that.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Ok so that's for men. Women can get polio too. Really it is not a very efficient way to control population but I can see you're not giving up this bone. (No pun intended) so I'll leave you to chew on it alone. a reply to: Sabiduria

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
And here is the biggest difference between us. You believe that crap and I don't. a reply to: Sabiduria

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I completely agree with you. People think that the government wouldn't do something like this yet we know about MK Ultra, giving a STD to African Americans & 9/11

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join