It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

45 liters of live Polio virus released into Belgian rivers

page: 1.
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Just seen this although it apparently happened on the 2nd September. courtesy of GlaxoSmithKline
The accidental release of 45 litres of concentrated live polio virus solution into the environment - Belgium
Link 2
What's going on with these people - GlaxoSmithKline has also just had a record fine of $490m by China for bribing doctors
BBC Article Link
And these are the crazys we are letting play with Ebola.
Crazys Link

No one should worry though as apparently it's all going to be diluted and once it's been through the water processing plant it will all go away -thats all Ok then ... lets hope there are no 'human errors' with ebola (although the fine will probably be worth the risk for the license to clean up the mess).

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Sure why not. They poison the planet through medications and modern chemicals why not just do it directly and openly? S + F, they have no compassion for the planet, it's like they're immune to the poison they've saturated the world with.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Don't we have enough pharmaceuticals already in the water supply to kill the virus?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Tell me about it. Drinking NYC tap water has tiny squid or crustaceans in it. I filter mine but I still can't find a method to truly remove fluoride. Since I grew up on water from a private well in the mountains I'm not used to drinking Zoloft and various Better Living Through Chemistry brand soups.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Accident or not, what the hell are they doing dumping anything into rivers.

There should be some multi billion dollar fines and people going to prison over this.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Isolation

Accident MY ASS!

There is no friggin way you can "accidentally" release that much contaminate of a LIVE POLIO VIRUS into a WATERWAY!
I seem to recall in recent years Europeans don't vaccinate their children as the scandals of the kids becoming autistic and such has led to a resurgence in some childhood illnesses. I'm sure now they can add Polio to the list.

I mean WTF, I know Belgium has hell to pay (see Congo for more details, specifically Patrice Lummumba) but attacking their own people, I thought only the US did this. I thought Europe still was "remembering" Hitler and that whole chestnut and thought better of doing things like this to their own.

Sins of the country, eh...falls on.......______________________________________.

link   

Belgium’s High Council of Public Health conducted a risk assessment that concluded that the risk of infection for the population exposed to the contaminated water is extremely low due to the high level of dilution and the high vaccination coverage (95%) in Belgium.

link   
1. Human error is human error. Clearly, there was a breakdown in protocols somewhere to allow that to happen. However, the US gov hasn't been much better with it's bacterial/viral toys recently.

2. Doing business in China is like trying to walk through a minefield. My husband's company does some business there, and in order to even set foot in the door, they had to give up some company secrets. As a result, China (the state) now can make cheap knock-offs of company products and does not allow those things to be imported to compete. GSK might have been doing something wrong, and it's also equally likely that China was up to no good. What people don't seem to understand about China is that the country IS the corporation. China is a pseudo-communist corptacracy. If GSK was competing against the state too well, then the state could easily have passed the new rules GSK subsequently broke. If GSK wasn't fast enough on its feet, it loses.

3. Neither 1 or 2 can rule out GSK's competency to develop 3. A company as large as GSK has numerous facilities some run better or worse than others. You have to look at the overall track record of inspections and safety which the government and the EU and other regulatory agencies would have in order to determine GSK's suitability as a vaccine development partner. You also have to look at how has the facilities and personnel available to work on the project.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
So why exactly did GlaxoSmithKline have live polio vaccine in Belgium?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
My cousin trained Foreign troops in biological warfare 20 years ago, He always stated that waterways were the most effective ways to take down population or infect the masses. Remember the Cripto sporidian Virus that hit Milwaukee years ago? the city filtration systems didnt help much there.. keep that in mind

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
We have now warnings to thoroughly cook cockles, mussels and oysters when picked at the Westerschelde because of possible contamination.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
So why exactly did GlaxoSmithKline have live polio vaccine in Belgium?

It's what you make the vaccine out of? If the vaccine itself isn't attenuated live or killed virus, then you will still need an amount of the live virus to do controlled efficacy studies of your vaccine which consists of antibodies. Otherwise, how do you know it works?

Every vaccine is either made with or tested against or both a known seed strain of the disease in question, and the facility grows quantities of the pathogen from the seed. This was my husband's first job - to run the big fermenters where the pathogens were grown.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

maybe that is why they aren't worried...all the medicines in the water will cure polio!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
That is really messed up. How is that not front page news?

Just to put that into perspective, 45 liters is 45,000 mL's. Viruses are measured in nanometers (1 cm = 10,000,000 nm). A cubit centimeter (cc) is one milliliter (mL), or cubic centimeter is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 nanometers. There can literally be billions of viral cells in each mL. That is overkill.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Isolation

Doesn't surprise me.
Ebola is being released on people so why not polio? Just another way to bring down the ever increasing world population.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
They need to evacuate Belgium. And you know Belgium is center of Europe. Brussels is Europe capital town. It really looks like population of people will go down. War, Ebola and now this.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace

There should be some multi billion dollar fines and people going to prison over this.

They will probably get charged and pay millions in fines.
But this will be chumps change for this massive corporation.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Are Belgians routinely vaccinated against polio?I imagine they are.
If they are,then they should not be worried at all,as they won't catch it from drinking contaminated water.
Those who have migrated to Belgium from the third world however,may not have been vaccinated and could be at risk.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace

you might find it is cheaper for them to dump it and pay the fines than it is to get rid of it appropriately...i mean without polluting the environment and killing people
edit on 24-9-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I can't imagine it's cheaper to pay a hefty fine than to correctly dispose 45L of waste.
edit on 24-9-2014 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join