It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama disrespectfully salutes Marine with a coffee cup

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

No one forced them to sign up for it.

But thank God they did! Otherwise you and I may be playing in the sand box right now! Give some due where it is do!

They deserve our respect and admiration! A GD Community Organizer is clueless to the inherent nature of the soldier!

Honor, respect, courage, integrity, trust, dignity, admiration, strength, obedience.....are all above Obama's pay grade!!

He is a pitiful excuse of a leader!

Pax

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite
a reply to: paxnatus

They are not there to be saluted.

No one said they were! But they are not there to be spit on either!! They are there so you do not have to be!!

My god can we not all be a little gracious! So are there there to be mocked because of their courage??

Would it have killed Obama to think of someone else other than himself for a change!!

Way to show the world your outstanding leadership skills Prez!! And had Jay Z or Kanye been standing there Obama would have kissed them full on the lips!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Nobody spat on anyone. We can be gracious, but the man has a job to do and it seems and thought he was just trying to have a god damn coffee.

I'm not a fan of his, I'm just saying that nobody is perfect and it isn't in his job description to salute back. He obviously tried to and oops got a coffee in my hand.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
What respect is the Marine due?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

The president can salute pretty much however he wants to, being the commander-in-chief and all. You nit-pickers have no bottom as to how far you will stoop to smear this guy.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

It’s pretty comical to watch that picture as it shows Obama totally dissing the Marine.

He couldn’t take the few seconds to just put the coffee cup in his left hand and turn with due respect towards the Marine and return a respectful salute....Shows the kind of guy he is.

I always said Obama is the kind of guy who when he was a kid would run away from his friends when they were in a street fight…

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
When I was in, the captain of my ship- and he was a captain (O-6) - used to walk everywhere with a coffee mug in his hand. When we saluted him that is what he used to return the salute. The coffee mug to the forehead.

What kind of a person did that make him?

He ended his career as a three-star.

Get off your high horses.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You know what? Perhaps it does show what kind of guy he is. But, look at the kind of people all the screaming drama queens on this thread are.

Everyone just needs to take some medication and calm down.

edit on 25-9-2014 by BasementWarriorKryptonite because: sp

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

I posted this story mainly because I wanted to gauge ppl's reaction. Do I think he gave a half ass salute? Yes. Do i think he is the worst president that some far right wingers paint him out to be? No. Has he done a good job? Do you or I or anyone else know enough to say either way? I do not believe so. Do ppl think they know enough to say? Of course...and that is our countries problem

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I personally find it disgusting that so many people think that this is an issue at all, as if the fact he didn't salute properly was the end of the bloody world - that's it Obama didn't salute properly, time to bend over and kiss our asses goodbye.....

Ebola. ISIS. The Economy. Cancer. Wars without end......Who cares about all them....OBAMA DIDNT SALUTE PROPERLY!!!!

Unfrigginbelievable.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Just saw the picture of Bush saluting the marine while he held his dog. Dog>Coffee? Probably not as disrespectful?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
When I was in the military, you should have seen the sloppy return salutes I used to get! The way I figured, if you're higher up the chain of command, you can do it any way you want. And he's the Top Dog.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Obviously it was a VERY slow news day.

There are a lot bigger fish to fry.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

There are people that will take anything and turn it into scandal about this particular commander in chief.

Unfortunately for them, this kind of idiocy only hurts their own cause. Obama has a little over two years left in his last term. After that there will be a new person in office.

But let's hope they keep it up, every insane rant about trivial matters only pushes people, sane people, away from the GOP, and towards a better government.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
When I was in the military, you should have seen the sloppy return salutes I used to get! The way I figured, if you're higher up the chain of command, you can do it any way you want. And he's the Top Dog.

Warrant officers..

Fingers apart including thumb, hand center of their head.

Gotta love 'em.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Are you kidding me? Many officers of much lower rank if holding coffee wouldn't have given the Marine the time of day other than perhaps a glance or a nod. That this garners 7 pages of comments simply proves that this site is simply going to take -anything- the President does, no matter how minor, and blow it up into a ridiculous drama. He is the leader of the free world.. he doesn't need to stop, change hands with the coffee, and salute the Marine. Just ridiculous.

When I served, the higher the rank, the more negligible and poor the return salute was.. if there was one at all. I didn't take it as a slight or lack of respect. Those in high rank have a lot on their minds, other than saluting the 122nd soldier of the day properly during the course of their duties. Get over it, holy crap.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

They won't, to them this president breathing is an affront to all things American. Hell, most if them still believe he was born in Kenya.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

His left hand was clearly unoccupied in the pic. However, he may have been using his arm to stabilize his body on the way down the steps. Perhaps it just would have been better to finish the coffee before the plane landed. We really must look on the bright side. Think how his optics would have been had he fallen down the steps with coffee in hand.

edit on 26-9-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: bhliberal

Yah, not like Pelosi and Reid and every other liberal Democrat didn't attack Bush Jr on every level, you know posting pics of him as a monkey and such....

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Right, who would have thought that Obama would get attacked as much as Bush Jr did for inconsequential stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join