It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama disrespectfully salutes Marine with a coffee cup

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ujustneverknow
seriously ????

The man probably didn't get a wink of sleep last night !

Excuse him for making a bad error.....

you people are relentless and it's bordering on repulsive.

It would be one thing if that were the case, but don't kid yourself Obama can't stand our military! He undermines them every chance he gets....As for him "not getting a wink of sleep" I highly doubt it! I mean this man managed to sleep while Benghazi burned and our Special Forces were begging for help!!! What makes you think Obama is losing sleep over our country at war with IS and the economy hitting rock bottom!

If anyone is repulsive it is the village idiot that sits upon the Hill!

Pax
edit on 9/24/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Guess you don't mind his half ass effort in the White House either! If you do not have the integrity and the knowledge to honor our service men properly then don't bother!!

How can you make excuses for this chump? No wonder we have generation of lazy youths that think the world revolves around them! Should he not be some kind of role model? He has managed to be the poster child for " How NOT to act Presidential"!

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I watched the video after laughing about it. But to be honest, after watching it, I was like "wow that looked really bad". It's not even the coffee cup entirely, it's the fact he kinda looks annoyed and doesn't even give these two the time of day, he just looks bothered by the whole thing maybe. IDK but I was shocked to see it. I'm a social liberal and economically conservative btw if that means anything. I voted for Obama his first term and The Cookie Monster the last election.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus
a reply to: daaskapital

Guess you don't mind his half ass effort in the White House either! If you do not have the integrity and the knowledge to honor our service men properly then don't bother!!

How can you make excuses for this chump? No wonder we have generation of lazy youths that think the world revolves around them! Should he not be some kind of role model? He has managed to be the poster child for " How NOT to act Presidential"!

I really want to see your reaction to the next President. I agree with a few of the things you've said in the past, but the people who craptalk the President are the ones that continue to craptalk future Presidents. I seriously cannot wait.
I think people are seriously overreacting about this. We don't know the circumstances, or anything. But then again, even if we did, it wouldn't matter. Some people go out of their way to find something wrong.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Please, you are taking this as if its some sort of horrible impeachable offense, it's not even really a faux pas.

Listen do you stop and say hello to everyone at work? Do you shake each and every person's hand you come across?

I'm betting no you don't.

This isn't as big of a deal as you all are making it out to be, hell, the world is on the edge of world war three, and you are worried about the president not saluting properly?

Come ON!

This is got to be the most lame attempt at a scandal that I have ever heard. It's a waste of time and if you are that upset about it maybe you really need to reassess your political views, because you are way too easily offended.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: bhliberal
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Please, you are taking this as if its some sort of horrible impeachable offense, it's not even really a faux pas.

Listen do you stop and say hello to everyone at work? Do you shake each and every person's hand you come across?

I'm betting no you don't.

This isn't as big of a deal as you all are making it out to be, hell, the world is on the edge of world war three, and you are worried about the president not saluting properly?

Come ON!

This is got to be the most lame attempt at a scandal that I have ever heard. It's a waste of time and if you are that upset about it maybe you really need to reassess your political views, because you are way too easily offended.

Well, it's not like he was walking into the office at the insurance company or library. He's the PRESIDENT. What part of PRES I DENT is so hard to figure out?

I wonder though, do you think Eisenhower might have not saluted? How many presidents have been in the military.

George Washington: Revolutionary War (Continental Army)
James Monroe: Revolutionary War (Continental Army)
Andrew Jackson: War of 1812 (Army)
William Henry Harrison: Indian campaigns (Army)
John Tyler: War of 1812 (Army)
Zachary Taylor: War of 1812, Black Hawk War, Second Seminole War, Mexican-American War (Army)
Franklin Pierce: Mexican War (Army)Abraham Lincoln: Black Hawk War (Indian Wars) (Army)
Andrew Johnson: Civil War (Army)
Ulysses S. Grant: Mexican War and Civil War (Army)
Rutherford B. Hayes: Civil War (Army)
James A. Garfield: Civil War (Army)
Chester A. Arthur: Civil War (Army)
Benjamin Harrison: Civil War (Army)
William McKinley: Civil War (Army)
Theodore Roosevelt: Spanish American War (Army)
Harry Truman: World War I (Army)
Dwight Eisenhower: World War I and World War II (Army)
John F. Kennedy: World War II (Navy)
Lyndon B. Johnson: World War II (Navy)
Richard Nixon: World War II (Navy)
Gerald Ford: World War II (Navy)
Jimmy Carter: Cold War era (Navy)
Ronald Reagan: World War II (Air Force)
George H.W. Bush: World War II (Navy)
George W. Bush: Vietnam War era (Air Force Reserve)

Do you suppose that any of those who are dead would be proud of this current one?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Dwight Eisenhower, a former five-star general, did not return military salutes while president.

I think it pretty much started with Reagan.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bhliberal

i agree with everything you said.

could it be that he was busy? had a lot on his mind?

he is the president after all.

quite frankly i dont see why people expect him to even waste the time with a 'proper' salute.
he acknowledged them as he past. he probably has a lot on his mind and i would bet he is almost always pressed for time.

there was a time he didnt salute when he got on marine 1 and he walked back out of the chopper to shake the soldiers hand.

i really dont think he was not giving a 'proper' salute on purpose as a slight to the soldier.

the president is the ceo. the soldier is a temp. i think its pretty damn nice he was even acknowledged myself

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Why are you focussing on the current president? Why not try to recall a few short years ago when the USA had an insane clown at the helm, rather than just an egomaniac?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
from everything ive read on this a few things need to be said

1.the president is under no obligation to salute anyone ,but can choose to salute who ever he/she wants to

2.it seems it has varied by preference by president since as far back as Lincoln www.civilwarphotography.org... as far as saluting the troops go and some times by situation ie Regan and Eisenhower saluted troops during wartime as well as peace time as well as apparently old honest abe did so too,i guess abe could be a special case as i think he was the last president to lead from a battlefield allbeit in a limited role but hey he was there

3.he was not the first to have this kind of thing go to the media for some kind of salute screw up (bush with the salute with the dog in his saluting hand,clinton was mocked for years for his poor saluting skills list goes on) and it will not be the last

having said all of that personally i feel that IF you are going to do it (salute those in uniform when you are in civvies clothes) you should do your best to do it right and after finding out you may be doing it incorrectly or Possibly in an insulting manner you should learn how to do it properly if you intend to keep doing it (i guess Clinton picked it up by the end)

www.politifact.com... politifacts take on the matter

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Looks like a starbucks. I sincerely doubt the president would drink cheap canadian coffee.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton

originally posted by: Xtrozero
At least Bush had a proper salute with a dog in his arms.

He was in the military and should know proper salute etiquette.
I suppose I just find it a small thing to get too worked up about.

You know it takes about a day for a basic recruit to learn how to salute....you would think the POTUS would have leaned in 6 years.... if he cared at all...

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The scenario looks to me like he steps off the chopper and realizes his jacket is not buttoned. He cannot put the coffee in the other had right away and by that time he is going between the Marines, and automatically did the salute thing. Not too cool, but understandable, especially when looking at freeze-frame of the video.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I can't believe that this is a topic of discussion!! Of all the things to pick on Obama about.. smh..
I see irrational hate showing by the reaction this non event is getting.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
For the people that continue to make excuses for Obama, I would like to ask you this. Are any of you here that are saying "no big deal" "non issue" or "soldier is a temp" and implying not important, willing to lay down your life for your brother or friend?? No, I didn't think so....but these men ARE!! They have been sent into extremely harsh conditions a literal sand box for most and regardless of how or why they were sent, the ASS Hat that sent them there needs to show a little respect as to say "Hey I'm thinking about you or I appreciate your willingness to go fight for all of us" NOT act like he can't be bothered and slap them in the face!! You people obviously do not esteem character and honor as important qualities to have.

This is a narcissistic power hungry want to be if there has ever been one!! As for him thinking about to many things at once, that is laughable!! What could he possibly be thinking about? He has not accomplished one damn thing not one that is not a debacle!! Oh yeah I forgot, the only thing he has accomplished is he is the first black President!! And to that I say So What!!!! Maybe his tee time and that's it!!

God he is so out of touch!! And no this is is not an isolated incident it is the straw that broke the camels back!! If everyday citizens realize how uplifting it is to service men and women when we take the time to say thank you for your sacrifice how can the Commander in Chief NOT!!! He treated them like he was there Master!! Disgusting classless clueless bag of hot air!

Pax
edit on 9/25/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I would say it is a point not conceded to the prog crowd because WE as military have been granted that level of respect .
From what the SS say he's scum anyway.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus
For the people that continue to make excuses for Obama, I would like to ask you this. Are any of you here that are saying "no big deal" "non issue" or "soldier is a temp" and implying not important, willing to lay down your life for your brother or friend?? No, I didn't think so....but these men ARE!! They have been sent into extremely harsh conditions a literal sand box for most and regardless of how or why they were sent, the ASS Hat that sent them there needs to show a little respect as to say "Hey I'm thinking about you or I appreciate your willingness to go fight for all of us" NOT act like he can't be bothered and slap them in the face!! You people obviously do not esteem character and honor as important qualities to have.

This is a narcissistic power hungry want to be if there has ever been one!! As for him thinking about to many things at once, that is laughable!! What could he possibly be thinking about? He has not accomplished one damn thing not one that is not a debacle!! Oh yeah I forgot, the only thing he has accomplished is he is the first black President!! And to that I say So What!!!! Maybe his tee time and that's it!!

God he is so out of touch!! And no this is is not an isolated incident it is the straw that broke the camels back!! If everyday citizens realize how uplifting it is to service men and women when we take the time to say thank you for your sacrifice how can the Commander in Chief NOT!!! He treated them like he was there Master!! Disgusting classless clueless bag of hot air!

Pax

No one forced them to sign up for it.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

They are not there to be saluted.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Obama Derangement Syndrome is strong in some in this thread!

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join