It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - The Un-Motivator....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I have not been on ATS for a few days, some may have noticed others may not have...... anyway... on with the story.

I am usually on ATS during work hours. However it's now year end and I really need to concentrate more on getting some things done before December is over.

I usually log into ATS in the mornings just to get the news and see what's going on. Then again around 10am or so, to check in.
At lunch time, I'm on for an hour or more. Then again around 3pm usually until quitting time.

I worked last Friday and didn't post on ATS, I got a lot of work done.
Yesterday, I logged in at lunch time for just a few moments, No posts, I don't think....

Yesterday was a very productive day for me at work, I was thinking clearly, busy as could be and highly motivated.

Today, I didn't log in this morning and only logged in this current session around 12noon. I've made about 3-4 posts today.

This morning when I got to work, I was very motivated and ready to accomplish several goals, and I did, this morning.

This afternoon, after being logged into ATS for an hour, I'm spent, I'm done, I'm not ready to work.

I AM NOT MOTIVATED AT ALL !!!

ATS, I blame you.... now I won't get any work done this afternoon and I might not make my goals and that means no year end bonus... I could go on and on...

So, anyone else get un-motivated while visiting ATS or after visiting ?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
So, anyone else get un-motivated while visiting ATS or after visiting ?

You almost make me want to cry b/c I now know I'm not alone

I suffer the same problems....The only way I keep my addiction to ATS during work private is due to the mile-high stacks of work I have sitting on my desk that I've neglected due to the time I spend here...

I'm a paid ATS poster!

[edit on 12/7/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
WAIT!?! You guys are actually working while at your job? Damit! I knew there was something I was forgetting to do.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I get like that too......... It's called priorities.... I blame me, not ATS, ats doesn't say you have to spend 5 hours a day on it, it's your choice...

It's easy to lose track of time hanging out on this board... It's a great board, lot's to read, lot's of people to talk to, and a wide variety of topics to participate from...

It's not totally bad, I mean think of all the kids who come on here, some of whom may never ever open a book, but they come on here and their reading for hours perhaps... It's food for your brain...

I too need to stop coming on so often, I get more done when i'm not on, and I have a hard time pulling away...

Sometimes I cave and end up not doing anything all day... I will admit, I become zombie like when I'm on this board...

Speaking of which, i'm going to walk away right now and try and finish some of things i've been planning on doing!

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
My boss is this really great guy; handsome, considerate, understands that we work to live & not live to work. ( DID I mentioned I work for myself!
)

It depends what you do: My works, when not on site with clients, is all via spreadsheets, PPT's, emails & word files....the rest is over the phone. So, I started at 7:30 today, and I'll be done in another hour or so, making it 19:30. That's my usual work day.

Play as much as you want....just finish your work & hit your deliverary dates.
You'd be suprised how much more you get accomplished if you play more & not worry about the clock face. Most people rush from work & into the same old same old.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Play as much as you want....just finish your work & hit your deliverary dates.

Too much time locked in the hell that is Bushspeakanalysis inevitably brings some Bushisms into play for the analyst and critic.

Don't misunderestimate the power of a bad habit

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I get like that too......... It's called priorities.... I blame me, not ATS, ats doesn't say you have to spend 5 hours a day on it, it's your choice...

*Priorities* is the key word for this thread. Second key word is *choice*. ATS is a great escape, a place to unleash all your pinned up animosities, frustrations and positive worldly solutions you may have, where people will actually listen..and reply...sometimes.

But sadly, ATS or even the internet itself, can become an addiction. I used to be one (an ATS junkie). Instead of putting certain ATS members on ignore or simply logging off for a while, I put some very important people in my 'physical/tangible' life on ignore. That's not good at all...So now I make sure that people who are in my life come first. And then I decide what I want to do with my 'me' time, if it's ATS then I keep my time here at a minimum, and I read and reply to what seems valuable to me at that moment. Then I put it to rest. This way, I'm satisfied and so are the people in my life

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It gets very Bushy around the 12th hour, MA!

If only I could type & spell with something approaching alacrity, I could finally get out of the secretarial pool!

Me, I've always admired my Spaniard relations.....take a break, a BIG ONE, then come back & hit it fresh. Too bad Americans are such damn hamsters on the wheel, no?

[edit on 7-12-2004 by Bout Time]

new topics

top topics

join