It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the US role out the red carpet for illegal immigrants?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Does the US role out the red carpet for illegal immigrants?

It's not so much what they "DO", it's more about what they *Don't Do*.

I think some Obama executive Orders have been mis-interpreted causing the recent "child" border crossings.

And, Administration selective enforcement and un-enforcement is one way they circumvent existing laws.

The failed "Dream Act" and subsequent EO is one example.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

So, it is racial to ask someone that does not speak English, with no US based ID if they have ID.

Okay then. Alinksy is very proud.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It is easy, and so I assumed you and others would be able to find it for yourself. Didn't think I had to spoon feed people here on ATS. Guess I was wrong.

And I guess the state is not allowed to enforce Federal Law, which isn't being enforced by the Federal Govt.

Funny, as that is not how LE works. You see, as you go down to the closest to the people within LE, you are able to enforce more laws. The Town Cop can enforce Town Ordinances, Town/City Laws, County Laws, State Laws and Federal Laws. The Federal LE is not able to operate in this manner.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Aa reply to: Krazysh0t

Ya i knew about those two, I was seeing if the poster was talking about something else bit thank you for posting those, I am on my phone and not very proficient at posting sources on it.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

So, it is racial to ask someone that does not speak English, with no US based ID if they have ID.

Okay then. Alinksy is very proud.

lol nice argument

Can you please add intelligent discourse to the thread instead of cheap one liners?

The Arizona law was written by a known white supremacist who is still apart of the Arizona political machine. Racial profiling has been illegal for years in this nation, so you approve of the illegal application of law yet you are anti immigrant because they broke the law...hmmm
edit on 23-9-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

And the feds can't just walk up to you and ask you to prove your citizenship, it's protected in the constitution so why should the state be able to?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Ahhh, hurt feelings and skinned knees will get you far in life.

And it was not racial profiling. Please, go and research that.

This was a bill, that granted the authority to AZ LE to ask, ONLY after a lawful stop was conducted. It did not give authority to LE to just stop anyone and ask.

The stop and frisk thing was in the Progressive stronghold of NYC. Not AZ.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Wait....explain this to me again where it states in the Constitution that a Federal Officer can't ask someone their citizenship status...

I would love to see this.

edit on 23-9-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

A know racist huh....yeah, okay then.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

You know, I am latina and I am against illegal immigration and I am angry and upset on how illegals are allowed to cross the borders while my tax dollars goes to paid for their increasing welfare system hat the American children from them get to enjoy.

If this makes me third Reich so beat it.

I have done plenty of research on the downfalls of illegal immigration to know that I am right to be anti immigration as an American born citizen that happen to be latina.

BTW I have nothing against you or the threads, I think is great that you post your opinions and ask questions

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I know you can't properly defend my assertions of this thread, bless your heart for attempting to distract.

As difficult as it may be can you please stay on topic and perhaps show evidence that this administration has given any group of would be immigrants a open invitation to come here..

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
What does Regan in the 80s have to do with 0bama in 2014???

Oh yeah forgot, you work in the make believe world that Dems do no wrong.

Let me fill in the blanks for you. People are crying that Obama is giving amnesty for all illegals which is a lie he just wants to give to the people that were brought here as children. Reagan on the other hand gave amnesty to all illegals in America. That is the connection between Obama and Reagan. Do you understand now?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I'm on the fences regarding illegal immigration, there is so much disinformation on this topic, it can be very difficult to find the truth needed to make a informed decision, sad really.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

How about the 5th?
They can not stop and ask unless you have committed a crime.
They can ask for an ID and that is about it.
And 'looking' or 'acting" like an illegal is not a crime.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

The current laws are not enforced, the Executive branch has stated they will not enforce laws and the Fed going after States looking to enforce laws are happening, free education offered to illegal minors and numerous other giveaways, there is an open invitation for illegals to come here.

And, the explanation of the law within AZ was glossed over by you, maybe because you can't properly defend my assertions within it. But Bless your heart as well.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

People are crying that Obama is giving amnesty for all illegals which is a lie he just wants to give to the people that were brought here as children.

You do realize those brought here as children are still illegals. Thus, your first statement sinks in the same BS filled waters as everything else you pitch.

originally posted by: buster2010
Reagan on the other hand gave amnesty to all illegals in America. That is the connection between Obama and Reagan. Do you understand now?

Understand what?? I know you like using Reagan when ever you can, as your justification as to when 0bama does something, but it is old and not 1980 anymore.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

How about the 5th?
They can not stop and ask unless you have committed a crime.

If there is responsible suspicion, they can.
And there is no law stating that LE can't just ask for ID. They just can't detain you without reasonable suspicion.

They can ask for an ID and that is about it.

During a lawful stop, they can ask for more. And if an ID is not produced or confirmed, detention is lawful until the identity is validated.

And 'looking' or 'acting" like an illegal is not a crime.

Never said it was. That is what YOUR side used as an argument. If you and other had actually read the law, it granted no authority to LE as looking illegal as the primary reason for a stop. It was secondary to a lawful stop.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The amnesty for kids was for the kids already here wasn't it?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

And they are here illegally as well. Thus.......they are still an illegal, regardless of their age.

But, I guess it is "different" right??

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join