It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK trooper tells local news: Best way not to get raped by cops is to ‘follow the law’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: sayzaar

You are wrong on all counts.

Wow ! how can i disagree when you lay out the facts so clearly.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: sayzaar

Them words can crisscross and backfire. They can be dangerous. If one was to lay out a plan it would look very close to what you wrote.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
What kind of idiots are they allowing to be cops!? This is all totally nuts.
As for Oklahoma,

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: olaru12

Did you even read your own source, or did you just fall into the trap of a sensationalized title and run with it?

Here is what the cop actually said.

The KJRH anchor said that Brown concluded with this advice: “The captain says anything that happens inside a troopers car is videotaped, and he says that supervisors do review those tapes.”

“He says the best tip that he can give is to follow the law in the first place so you don’t get pulled over,” the anchor added.

Although we all know that following the law doesn't make it so a LEO won't pull you over, this is one instance of taking things out of context.

Perhaps the officer making the statement is not one who pulls people over just for the hell of it?

Now wait a minute. He is still saying women should follow the law to reduce the risk of being raped by an officer. This shouldn't even be an issue. No one should EVER have to be worried about being raped by a police officer. Male or female, whether it is broken tail light or a drug deal, this is not something the public should have to be concerned about.

Now I understand that what he did say is a good distance away from saying "Well she was speeding so she was asking for it." But somehow I feel a little less safe knowing that if I run a stop light it is just one more way the cops can hurt me with no accountability for their actions. What he should be saying is "This should never happen. These officers will be punished to the full extent of the law and made examples of and we will do everything in our power to ensure that this will never happen again", not "Well if you didn't break the law then it wouldn't happen now would it?"

This is an oblique way to excuse the behavior and shift at least some accountability on to potential victims.

I did read the article. I read the actual quote. I don't think the headline is sensationalized. It gets to the friggin point.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

There have been stories for years about prospective law enforcement officers being turned down for scoring too high on IQ tests. Simply google it and you'll find a number of articles abcnews.go.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

“He says the best tip that he can give is to follow the law in the first place so you don’t get pulled over,” the anchor added.

What he should be saying is "This should never happen. These officers will be punished to the full extent of the law and made examples of and we will do everything in our power to ensure that this will never happen again", not "Well if you didn't break the law then it wouldn't happen now would it?"

This is an oblique way to excuse the behavior and shift at least some accountability on to potential victims.

I disagree. It's not oblique at all. He's saying "If you run a stop sign, maybe you'll draw Officer Rapey McAbuser, and you deserve it, you scofflaw".

On one hand, it's hard to believe someone in any position of authority would say that out loud for the cameras, even though he might think it's "boys being boys - we deserve to boff a few of the sheep we guard" in private. On the other hand, it's to the point that they really don't care what you think anymore unless some politico is taking heat for it.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You just can't make this stuff up. This has to be some of the worst PR ever and they don't even care.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well, sensational title and all(that's news for ya, might not read it if not), at least the issue is being talked about if anything.

Cop saying, in situation where women are preyed on,

“He says the best tip that he can give is to follow the law in the first place so you don’t get pulled over,” the anchor added. -OP Source
, doesn't count so much when predators are looking for a victim. To say if they find a women they are interested in, she'll be pulled over for anything.
edit on 23-9-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: sayzaar
Whether this particular story is accurate or not this type of behaviour WILL increase. Just as police know they can get away with punching peoples lights out (happening), shooting first and thinking later (happening), lying about incidents even when caught on camera (happening), shooting kids that have toy guns (happening), raiding premises without warrants, even shooting the wrong people (happening). You can be as sure as hell that they will rape girls and women if they know that they won't see a day in court. This is coming to your wives and daughters make no mistake.
Look back into history and you will see that the fascist nazi police were doing it as well as all authoritarian police forces in history. It's only a matter of time before rapes become systemic. And don't think for a minute that just because you are a guy that you'll be safe from it either !!

Police are like Old Yeller. We all know what happened to Old Yeller. Done deal, enough said.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArchPlayer

Police are like Old Yeller. We all know what happened to Old Yeller. Done deal, enough said.

More like Cujo, I'd suspect. Yeller wasn't an active danger, being penned up when the rabies got him.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I think this is the video...

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
If someone thinks not following that sage advice justifies rape, then it's logically the next step to conclude, the one who was raped was actually following the law, but was framed, as well, to justify the response.

The point is that slippery slope means, in the land of everyone being equal, that no one will ever be safe.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: ArchPlayer

More like Cujo, I'd suspect. Yeller wasn't an active danger, being penned up when the rabies got him.

I really meant just shooting all of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join