It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK trooper tells local news: Best way not to get raped by cops is to ‘follow the law’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

More from "you just can't make this **** up dept."

AN Oklahoma Highway Patrol official reportedly told women that the best way not to get raped by an officer was to “follow the law.”

In recent months, an Oklahoma Highway Patrol officer and an Oklahoma City Police officer have been accused of repeatedly raping women, often during traffic stops.

After a Tulsa County sheriff’s deputy was arrested last week for sexually assaulting a woman while responding to a 911 call, Tulsa NBC News affiliate KJRH decided to ask the Oklahoma Highway Patrol how to stay safe during a traffic stop.

Here's a thought....

Perhaps the cops should follow the law and not rape women during traffic stops.

For a LEO official to even come up with a statement like that, shows their opinion of women and the general public as well.

God help us!!

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It seems this man really was too stupid for another career.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
X2 idk why
edit on 23-9-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
They don't want people with high IQ's to be police officers. Wonder why that would be...

either way it's horrifying that these are the people bestowed with weapons and authority, supposedly for the purpose of protecting the community

When will it STOP
a reply to: olaru12

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Low IQ. Follows orders most of the time. Good at "evidence handling". You're hired!

Now go harass those "born silhouettes".

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
He didn't say that on the taped interview (at least the news didn't show it). There was nothing in his particular interview that mentioned rapes. He was being asked about procedures when pulling folks over.

As the article states, the only thing in quotes was "follow the law".

I think the author of this story took some major leaps in reporting it.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Did you even read your own source, or did you just fall into the trap of a sensationalized title and run with it?

Here is what the cop actually said.

The KJRH anchor said that Brown concluded with this advice: “The captain says anything that happens inside a troopers car is videotaped, and he says that supervisors do review those tapes.”

“He says the best tip that he can give is to follow the law in the first place so you don’t get pulled over,” the anchor added.

Although we all know that following the law doesn't make it so a LEO won't pull you over, this is one instance of taking things out of context.

Perhaps the officer making the statement is not one who pulls people over just for the hell of it?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Sensationalist OP headline alert. Although I admit it was simply taken from the sensationalist headline in the link.
edit on 23-9-2014 by usernameconspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
How many times have police officers taken things out of context and ruined the lives of a citizen?

Forget them, take it out of context and expose these legalized murderers for what they truly are. S + F, I see a bright future for the accused officer. One of sleepign with his back tightly against the wall of his cell while angered citizens his brother helped lock up move in closer with pounding fists.

Sleep tight officer, and remember, this time your brothers cannot help you.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

More from "you just can't make this **** up dept."

Are we sure 'bout that?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

...we may ask a female back to the car so we can get her information.”

The KJRH anchor said that Brown concluded with this advice: “The captain says anything that happens inside a troopers car is videotaped, and he says that supervisors do review those tapes.”

“He says the best tip that he can give is to follow the law in the first place so you don’t get pulled over,” the anchor added.

The hell is wrong with this guy?

Whether a person gets pulled over or not, they should never have to fear that a person sworn to uphold the law may rape them...

"The best tip"... The best thing we can do as a society is to drastically reduce the police force. There are just way too many cops.

We need to put a stop to the police state, the endless laws, rules, regulations, militarized and violent police.

edit on 23-9-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

We have to make these people accountable. Corrupt, revenue hogs must go. And it should reflect on the "good apples" because they can never ever wash away the stink of fermentation most of their "brothers" give off.

Because some people "break the law" they make all citizens suffer. So they should be accountable and become true servants once again.

I want police like Joe Friday, Bill Gannon. They were tools yeah but they knew how to deal with people, like people. Not like a potential tally on their Bust List.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It shows his opinion not every one's. If it's even true. Any members from Oklahoma that can verify this is going on? Isn't there a record of the traffic stop with the officer identified? Couldn't the women then bring charges against the offenders?
reply to: olaru12

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

That's exactly why this officer should know the way this world works.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
www.aol.com...

Seems it was only one cop not several.
Another web site that exaggerates a story to get clicks. Pathetic.
A-hole cope in any event but he's going away so there's justice.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
That's just not true. Did you ever take the exam? reply to: FamCore

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
They were actors following a script not police. a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: gladtobehere

We have to make these people accountable. Corrupt, revenue hogs must go. And it should reflect on the "good apples" because they can never ever wash away the stink of fermentation most of their "brothers" give off.

Because some people "break the law" they make all citizens suffer. So they should be accountable and become true servants once again.

I want police like Joe Friday, Bill Gannon. They were tools yeah but they knew how to deal with people, like people. Not like a potential tally on their Bust List.

Agreed!

But by ostracizing all of them, by either making things up to make them look worse than they are, or to focus only on the symptom and not the cause, ie lawmakers, justice system etc etc. what exactly are we accomplishing?

The system is corrupt because of the actions at the top! Focusing on the bottom does what exactly? Get rid of the bad ones and due to the training in todays law enforcement environment we end up with more bad ones.

I am not a fan of law enforcement by any means, but what will happen if all of a sudden they go away? Perhaps our future is either being set up as a slave class or so that when the system does collapse and all rules and structure go out the window, humanity will be forced to it's primal instinct of survival? That would be quite ugly don't you think?

Keep your eyes open and watch how a lot of the anti LEO threads are also being posted by anti 2nd supporters. Am I the only one that sees a problem with that type of thinking? I don't know about you, but I would much rather deal with a few dirty cops than a military occupation myself.

I knew many PSP officers in the 80's and I watched the new ones coming on the force then and the hard ass attitudes they had. Meanwhile the old timers were saying even back then that they didn't like the "new breed" that was coming out of the academy and couldn't wait to retire. Yep, you got it. These were the good guys. They didn't get pleasure from busting people to satisfy a quota OR feed their hunger with a power trip.

Over thirty years later, I am watching unfold exactly what the old timers were predicting would happen.

We the people knew about back then, and yet we let it happen.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Whether this particular story is accurate or not this type of behaviour WILL increase. Just as police know they can get away with punching peoples lights out (happening), shooting first and thinking later (happening), lying about incidents even when caught on camera (happening), shooting kids that have toy guns (happening), raiding premises without warrants, even shooting the wrong people (happening). You can be as sure as hell that they will rape girls and women if they know that they won't see a day in court. This is coming to your wives and daughters make no mistake.
Look back into history and you will see that the fascist nazi police were doing it as well as all authoritarian police forces in history. It's only a matter of time before rapes become systemic. And don't think for a minute that just because you are a guy that you'll be safe from it either !!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: sayzaar

You are wrong on all counts.

<<   2 >>

join