It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel shoots down Syrian fighter jet that infiltrated air space..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2

originally posted by: thesmokingman

Does not matter. I tell you what, someone comes flying into my countries airspace, I am DEFINITELY shooting them down, every time! "We cannot tolerate ANY penetration of the Israeli airspace".....enough said.

I touched a nerve there i see (is it Israeli cowards and voltures?)

So, again, by your words, you agree the Assad haves the right to shoot down US aircraft's?

No nerve touched here, trust me...I could not care any less about Israel and agree they are vultures. Still does not mean they dont have the right to defend themselves. And sure, if Syria wants to shoot at US planes, let them. That is after all exactly what the US wants them to do. Then the US can destroy the Assad regime, just like they want to do. Not condoning any of it, but it is what it is......

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xavi1000

Great footage! Thank you for that

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

alright then! welcome to gangsters paradise! Hurray!!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

I believe its a lie that plane was ever in Israeli airspace. They are attacking Assad. They are there attacking a sovergn government of Syria and using ISIS as their excuse.

How.... just how in the Name of All that is Holy can ANYONE in their right mind think this is okay?

HOW????????????

Not in My Name buddy..

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
That's the # of it.......The whole trip is just more theatre for the masses....The Agenda is corporatocracy, world wide.....
Somebody is just raking in the dough from all these propaganda shenanigans.....
In the end we are the cattle which the Elites both farm and slaughter at will.......

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2

Commenting on the incident, Defence Minister Moshe Ya’alon, said that the Syrian warplane had “approached Israeli territory in the Golan Heights in a threatening manner, and even crossed the border.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the warplane had been bombing areas outside Quneitra, a Syrian town near the Israeli-held side of the frontier, at the time it was shot down.

The decision to down the aircraft was taken after it had spent 1 minute and 20 seconds in Israeli airspace.

Israeli are cowards on the piggyback of the US... they are like vultures waiting for the corpse.

Cowards? For defending themselves against an armed Syrian jet fighter that spent 1:20 seconds in Israeli airspace? That is not cowardice, but on guard and ready to defend your country. I may not ALWAYS agree with Israel and their decisions, but I will surely make a case for them here...

Damn smoking man, the world is truly changing, I had to give you a star for a post.

All them people calling patriot defense a hoax got egg on their faces yet again.

Assad's military probably didn't know the exact hour the coalition would strike so this could have been a mission planned days ago and went live before they knew what was going on to stand it down.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I agree, it MAY have been planned in advance of these US strikes. I am just curious as to why with everybody so on edge over there, especially Israel, why they would feel the need to cross into Israeli airspace. Great point on the patriot defense system living up to its billing too. Agree with the US policy or not, one must admit to the sheer power the US possess weapons wise. My tax dollars paid for that

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The spot on the map is near the Jordan northern border. Jordan flew missions so maybe this Syrian pilot was freaked out if his radar screen started showing patrols going in and out of Jordan over Syria and veered off course.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

It looks like this occurred well after the US led strikes.

Syria immediately condemned the downing of the jet, with state television describing it as an “act of aggression” and linking it to US-led air strikes against Islamic State (Isis) forces in Syria that had occurred earlier.

Either way, not a good time for Assad to be fighting these rebel groups.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

I believe its a lie that plane was ever in Israeli airspace. They are attacking Assad. They are there attacking a sovergn government of Syria and using ISIS as their excuse.

How.... just how in the Name of All that is Holy can ANYONE in their right mind think this is okay?

HOW????????????

I'm sure the plane was being piloted by innocent children from Palestine to..

Just like the Golan heights is Israeli airspace. I forgot it's ok when Israel steals land. Seeing how many times Israel has violated Syrian airspace Syria should take the hint and start shooting down Israels planes when they cross the border.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Syria immediately condemned the downing of the jet, with state television describing it as an “act of aggression” and linking it to US-led air strikes against Islamic State (Isis) forces in Syria that had occurred earlier.

The Jordanians didn't go in until the third wave. So well after initial attacks.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

All them people calling patriot defense a hoax got egg on their faces yet again.

People aren't saying the patriot defense which they got from America is a hoax they say that the Iron dome that America pays for is a hoax. They are two separate systems. Now who has egg on their face?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

People aren't saying the patriot defense which they got from America is a hoax they say that the Iron dome that America pays for is a hoax. They are two separate systems. Now who has egg on their face?
[/quote

It sure was not a hoax when it was intercepting Palestinian rockets a few months ago.....just saying, it may be debatable about its effectiveness, but it not a hoax.
edit on 23-9-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

The Jordanians didn't go in until the third wave. So well after initial attacks.

If I were Syria, I would not be conducting ANY strikes any time in the near future. Obama is just waiting for an excuse to turn the attacks on Assad, and toppling his regime. After all, that is what this whole ISIS thing is being used for.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

If I were Syria, I would not be conducting ANY strikes any time in the near future. Obama is just waiting for an excuse to turn the attacks on Assad, and toppling his regime. After all, that is what this whole ISIS thing is being used for.

All of the terror groups that flocked to Syria went there for one reason, hopes to grab the prize when Assad falls. If there was no Syrian civil war none of them would have come together there. ISIS got tired of waiting and went full blown retard starting a Caliphate. Most of the others got tired of waiting and dissolved themselves into ISIS. They think they are doing their own bidding.

If anything ISIS is a covert project of Al Qaeda.

How can the korusan operate freely within the Islamic State? They have no interest in establishing the Caliphate or attacking Assad. They are Al Qaeda and only interested in waging international terror, they got their Afghanistan back with a more lethal version of Taliban as their umbrella.

Seems the group who benefits the most would be the head. Whatsmore Al Qaeda started all these small factions years ago by encouraging them to rise up and or training them. They are now united under the Caliphate banner, and Al Qaeda are the ones who conveniently led ISIL by the hand out of Iraq into Syria to start this final phase.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I definitely appreciate your input, and respect it. However we may just have to agree to disagree because in my opinion these "terrorist" groups are all products of the CIA and the US/Saudi Arabia/Israel. They are there to serve the interests of these countries, and to provide a "boogeyman" effect to help spin the almighty US war machine. The main objective for the US/SA/Israel, is to destabilize, remove the acting leader, and help to build a proxy government that is to the acceptance of the US. These countries are falling like dominoes...Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Pakistan, and last but not least Iran. This whole ISIS thing is used to get the US into Syria, because they failed to get it done last year. That is why they need ISIS to threaten Russia, and the rest of the world, because the US needed all of these nations to go along with the invasion. Guess what? It worked. To sum it up, ISIS is nothing more than a bunch of rebel groups all being funded and given arms by the US/SA.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I definitely appreciate your input, and respect it. However we may just have to agree to disagree because in my opinion these "terrorist" groups are all products of the CIA and the US/Saudi Arabia/Israel. They are there to serve the interests of these countries, and to provide a "boogeyman" effect to help spin the almighty US war machine. The main objective for the US/SA/Israel, is to destabilize, remove the acting leader, and help to build a proxy government that is to the acceptance of the US. These countries are falling like dominoes...Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Pakistan, and last but not least Iran. This whole ISIS thing is used to get the US into Syria, because they failed to get it done last year. That is why they need ISIS to threaten Russia, and the rest of the world, because the US needed all of these nations to go along with the invasion. Guess what? It worked. To sum it up, ISIS is nothing more than a bunch of rebel groups all being funded and given arms by the US/SA.

Remember all the chatter that Al Qaeda kicked ISIS out because they were "too radical" to employ? That event allowed ISIS to have apparent freedom of choice in Syria where they promptly allied with the FSA, only to siphon off their former Assad Generals and other commanders, then go to war with FSA.

Now Al Qaeda (Khorasan) operates freely in Islamic State without ever having to vow allegiance to the Caliph. Any other groups that crossed ISIS has their heads on pikes, not free reign in their kingdom like Al Qaeda has.

edit on 23-9-2014 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Yes, I do remember that propaganda saying how ISIS got "kicked out" of Alqueida for being too extreme...laughable...A "terrorist" organization that allegedly flies three planes into buildings and one into the ground is telling another group that they are too extreme? Does not make any sense. This is and has for many years been a fake war to get our foot into the middle east. It worked, and we have to keep it fresh and going so they can keep Americans on board, because as it is, we all are NOT on board and quite frankly tired of wars and the US government. There is just nothing we can do about it unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

This is so messed up and I'm back to crying...

Syria was a wonderful country, freedom to practice any religion you wanted, you were safe to walk down the street. People fled Iraq war from time to time to have peaceful time in Syria, they were a refuge for everyone, in so many ways.

Yes, it was under penalty of death to belong to groups like al-qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood who were angry about the religious freedom...

Yea Hezbollah was the only radical nutcase group that was sanctioned by Assad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join