It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed UP with the Barrage of daily phone solicitors ;(

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: virraszto

Hmmm...that's very interesting.

Thanks for the information, always thought it was valid for one year.

Now that I think of it, the reason I was probably getting telephone solicitations is because I changed my phone number! Doh!

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Nothing pisses me off more than to be woken up in the morning at 5:49 am!!! by a telemarketer!!!

The phone was on my bedside table so when it rang at 5:49 am, I thought it must be an emergency
and I answered it. Sounded like a dead line until I hear a foreign, " Hello". I then looked
at the caller ID and it said Private.
I hung up immediately. Had I had one brain cell awake
at that time, I would have certainly told this person off.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hello, I work for a company that provide home telephones and broadband within the uk, it has recently come to my attention that you can invest in a "call blocker" - but you must buy from a reputable supplier. Also in order for the call blocker to work you must have caller display which is activated by your service provider.
If your from the uk and receive a lot of cold calls, look up the call blocker in Argos. Also register with the telephone preference service and also register online with service called silent gard.
It pains me to repeat this to customers 20 times a day haha cold calls don't half cause some people stress though!!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Worse than cold calls, what I get is computer-generated calls. This REALLY ticks me off, since there isn't even a live human being on the other end to return the annoyance. HOWEVER......... computer-generated calls often have a VOX feature, which, after pausing to allow you to answer, seems to allow you to answer as much as you wish.

I choose to sing "Nessun Dorma". I really don't sing it well at all.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join